Looking for honest feedback from Unlimited Platinum 100 plan users

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Acknowledged
I am a long time customer who is currently still on the Freedom 150 plan.  I am very well aware of the policy change that is currently making my internet service unusable during peak hours.  To be honest I haven't been getting the promised speeds from my system in over a year.  I normally don't go over my cap, but when I do it is when I have 1 or 2 days left before rollover.  I keep a very close eye on data usage based on prior experience with this service.  I am very apprehensive about paying close to $100 more per month for this new plan which I know will not come with any guarantees for better service than I have been getting.

What I would like to hear from current users of this plan are the following things:
1) What speeds are you actually seeing?
2) Are those speeds consistent even during peak hours?
3) If you have exceeded the 150 GB data cap, what speeds are they throttling you down to?

Thank you in advance for any feedback you can provide in helping me make my decision.
Photo of mwolfatwork

mwolfatwork

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of mwolfatwork

mwolfatwork

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Wondering if I posted this in the wrong place?
Surely there are some people out here who are on this plan.
If there is somewhere else I should have posted it, please let me know.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 865 Posts
  • 521 Reply Likes
I'm looking forward to the LEO companies in the next few years so I can give Viasat the big middle finger.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1941 Posts
  • 1199 Reply Likes
LEO's definitely going to be a game changer.  I still don't think the plans will include truly unlimited data, as the throughput will still be restricted by the sats themselves, and still likely much less than ground based systems, but it will almost assuredly be considerably higher than with sat internet available now.  

Streaming and gaming.  Those will be the two big things.  
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 865 Posts
  • 521 Reply Likes
As long as they are an improvement, then I'll most likely switch. More data, better speeds, lower latency all sound like a better deal than what we have now.
Photo of mwolfatwork

mwolfatwork

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Believe me, if any better option comes along I will be dropping this service very quickly.
Photo of mwolfatwork

mwolfatwork

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Believe me, if any better option comes along I will be dropping this service very quickly.