Liking it just fine so far

• Praise
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
As a new Exede user, I could not be happier. From the excellent and speedy installation to the performance of Exede (giving me up to 18 Mbps, when I was expecting 12 Mbps is a real bonus), everything has worked flawlessly. I like the fact the the local installer said I could call anytime with problems, so I would be working with someone who knows the local conditions. Glad to be free of AT&T U-verse which changed my "up to 3 Mbps" to 0.4 Mbps, lower than dial-up connection. What worked fine for a few years suddenly didn't...with no coherent explanation.
Photo of cloverdavid

cloverdavid

• 11 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Frank Stump

Frank Stump

• 14 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I have had a much similar experience so far. Great installer and the speed has been much better than I was getting with U.S. Cellular 4G/ LTE. We have also had some very heavy rain storms & I never lost connection which was a pleasant surprise. Totally satisfied so far.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3152 Posts
  • 1118 Reply Likes
Awesome! I'm glad Exede is working out for you guys. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions either via email, online or even on this very forum.  I'm one of 3 agents that help moderate this forum and we have several users on here that we made forum champions  that know the ins and outs of the service and have been super-helpful, so this is a great resource for any questions or suggestions you may have about your service. Welcome to Exede!
(Edited)
Photo of Jim

Jim, Champion

• 542 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Hey Frank and Clover, Please share where you are located and maybe brag on your dealer/installer. (Hope it was me!)
Photo of cloverdavid

cloverdavid

• 11 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I live in rural Sonoma (CA) County. Happy to give thumbs up to installer. He helps give Exede a good name. Installer was Lane at MendocinoNetworks in Ukiah, CA.
Photo of Frank Stump

Frank Stump

• 14 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
We live in rural central North Carolina and feel very fortunate to have Richard Hatalski from R & D Communications as our installer. Richard was prompt, knowledgeable and professional during the installation process. The system has worked very well since Richard installed it a month ago.
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 3927 Posts
  • 4015 Reply Likes
Since he won't brag on himself, Jim in the Middle Tennessee, Nashville area is worth a shot. Not my installer and I won't out his full identity (since he hasn't and may prefer it that way) but he's pretty easy to locate and contact over at the other forum - https://www.wildblueworld.com/forum/index.php.

Also a shout out goes to David Varner at Lake Country Satellite in Virginia.

Both of these guys offer much appreciated, solid advice here.

As for my installer, Jim Cookson out of Sat-Man Communications in Marshall, VA (but I've never had the need for a visit after the initial WildBlue and subsequent Exede install which were rock solid - 10 years ago he told me exactly which two trees to keep an eye on and monitor performance to determine when they needed to come down - both remained in the Exede line of sight - finally did 6 months ago restoring signal strength while starting to stock up on firewood for next year).
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.