Lake Powell

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem acknowledged. Email and Support number provided for assistance. No need of further response at current time.

I currently have exede at my residence in CA, and would like to take the satellite and modem with me to Lake Powell in Aug, and use it with a fixed tripod on the land, when we find a place with our houseboat on the lake. Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so, do I need to use a satellite finder, and other tools, and if so, what is the satellite I need to point it at, etc.

Thanks!
B
Photo of bizzle

bizzle

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1463 Reply Likes
For each location you need a modem key and, an installer's password to get it working there. (keys are location specific). You could not set it up yourself since any installer that gives out his or her password will be terminated as an installer.

I would contact the sales department and see if they can make arrangements for you to have temporary service at the new location. It may not be possible but, they may be able to help you.
Photo of ExedeKarmin

ExedeKarmin

• 384 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
B,

Please give us a call at 866-945-3258.  We will be more than happy to walk you through the move process.  You can also send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your telephone number and the best time to call.  Thanks.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.