Keep getting lied to!

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • In Progress
Customer Service is completely CLUELESS when it comes to how their own service actually works! So I keep trying to juggle bills around to work better with my pay day schedule, since i got service through ViaSat I have had to change the billing date 3-4 times, each time I paid my bill in FULL and was told i'd get a new bill NEXT month on the date selected and the remainder of the current month would be prorated and added to the next bill... each time I was LIED to and forced to pay out even MORE money before the bill was suppose to actually be due... for example, I just called in on the 18th of last month to move my billing date to the 28th, and the rep said my next bill wouldnt be due until "September 28th, 2019" I even got it recorded for physical proof.

I check my email a few days later that same month, only to find out i now have ANOTHER bill due, despite being told I wouldn't have to pay anything else until the 28th of September... so I called Customer service who low and behold, was COMPLETELY USELESS!

I ended up getting an email for viasat, think it was viasatlistens@viasat.com or something like that, apparently, it goes to the corp building, instantly I emailed them and never got a response back, now, i have ANOTHER email, saying my services is about to be suspended for lack of payment when I paid the crap in full, and it was not suppose to be due again until the 28th OF THIS FREAKING MONTH! 

ViaSat is by far THE WORST INTERNET PROVIDER OF ALL TIME! Nothing but a bunch of lying sacks of crap who cant even seem to keep their word even when actual proof is provided, just get the same BS story about "Im sorry sir, our system is automated and we cant do anything about it blah blah" what a load of crap...
Photo of John Gordon

John Gordon

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Irritated!

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2769 Posts
  • 1442 Reply Likes
Put your bill on a credit card and you can pay it off anytime you want.
Photo of John Gordon

John Gordon

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
that does not solve the issue, instead that would simply create another issue, its called "Interest" you know... where you pay back even more then what you paid for?  the issue is ViaSat trying to tell me one thing, and then doing something completely different when they get my freaking money.....
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 977 Posts
  • 603 Reply Likes
You are correct about getting the billing date set right but you should pay no interest on a credit card if your statement is paid in full each month. If you are, you got the wrong credit card!
Photo of Dances with Woofs

Dances with Woofs

• 79 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
Of course for the typical American consumer that does require a one time payment of about $5700 (average US credit card debt) to avoid further interest charges ;) 
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 977 Posts
  • 603 Reply Likes
I believe that!
Photo of Dances with Woofs

Dances with Woofs

• 87 Posts
  • 86 Reply Likes
Try the viasatlistens route again... but this time try not to call them lying sacks of crap.  As someone recently said... It's nice to be nice.

Generally it's best to wait for one of the moderators to request that you send that email. Otherwise they may not be expecting it and it gets lost in the shuffle. In this case however, you're giving them very little motivation to reach out and offer assistance but am sure one will be along any minute now or maybe will even respond to your unsolicited email - theirs is not a 24 hour work day, so patience.      
(Edited)
Photo of Ron D Stricklin

Ron D Stricklin

• 78 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
For the price of the service there shouldn't be any nice.  If they did their job right the first time there wouldn't likely be any mean here. The very common failure on their part to do their job correctly seems to bring out the mean. There's a probably a way they could fix that.
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 981 Posts
  • 489 Reply Likes
John,

I've found your case, expect a response shortly!