Just respectful feedback

• Idea
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Not Planned
  • (Edited)
While I am huge self promoter for Viasat (heck, I'm even on the reviews section of the site). Always letting people know that I am extremely happy with my service and the support I've received over the years. With that being said I just have a polite critique of my experience today.  And please forgive me for the length of this post as I love to write. :-D

I sent an email inquiring if I, being a current customer, can take advantage of the Direct TV bundle as we are using up a lot more data now constantly streaming Netflix and Hulu and figured that I better get TV service as well.  The reply I got back was a generic cut-paste reply that we're all accustomed to from corporations, to which didn't answer my question.  This was a first for me, as my experience with customer service has always been spot on and direct.  As the rep simply said "I understand your concern. I'll be happy
to assist you. For help with the Direct TV bundle offer, please call our Customer Care team... Any of our agents will gladly help you over the phone."  So I made the mistake of assuming that means I can bundle TV, and prepared to purchase a TV package by visiting Direct TV's site to learn about their channel packages and to get an idea on a price range and then I called customer service.  Again, while the rep was very polite and by no means aiming this towards him as it was not his fault of the policies set in place, but when I asked about bundling, he kindly told me that it was for new customers only and being a current customer, I cannot bundle with TV.

So that's my experience.  Again, I'm NOT mad or frustrated, as I'm still satisfied with the service I'm given.  However this time, I have to admit, it sort of stung that there's nothing that can be done for existing customers and the fact that my inquiry could have been answered in the first place via email.

Thanks for taking the time to read and hope you all have a good day!

Photo of olysounder89

olysounder89

• 11 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2372 Posts
  • 461 Reply Likes
Thank you for your thoughtful comments aboutViasat Internet Service experience. We value the needs and interests of all of our customers and appreciate all feedback. Please always share yourfeedback with us; this is how we keep learning and improving. 
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 424 Posts
  • 142 Reply Likes
Dish Network is superior at the moment.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1865 Posts
  • 1159 Reply Likes
AT&T has ruined DirecTV.  Both their service, and customer service, have gone downhill since their purchase.  I used to recommend DirecTV to people.  I don't anymore.  
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 668 Posts
  • 428 Reply Likes
Another good company ruined. They dont even want to deliver via a dish anymore. They just want to sell a box that hooks up to broadband internet and deliver content that way.

The rural digital divide is only going to get worse :(.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1865 Posts
  • 1159 Reply Likes
I've been waiting for a "Recovery Kit" from DirecTV for weeks now.  Supposedly they sent one out on two occasions, yet nothing ever showed up.  I have to send back a C41W (mini), and I don't have a UPS Store or Fedex location anywhere near me, so the recovery kit is supposed to contain everything I need to send it back.  I even offered to send it back on my own dime from my local post office, but they couldn't give me an address to send it to. It's become utter incompetence.  I'm now past the 21 days, so I have no doubt I'll be charged the $45 for it.  SMH.