Is "Wildblue Admin" legit?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I got an email from "Wildblue Admin" threatening to close my account because a "new computer" had logged on. Nothing is new here. Is this legit?
Photo of Robin Tawney Nichols

Robin Tawney Nichols

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hello Robin, that sounds like it may possibly be a phishing email. Typically, these types of messages appear to come from well-known and trustworthy web sites. Please do not provide any personal information to this email or other emails similar to this as this is not a legit source. *** THIS PARTICULAR EMAIL "WILDBLUE ADMIN" HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED AND HAS BEEN SUBMITTED TO OUR ENGINEERS AND SHOULD BE BLOCKED GOING FORWARD. ***
(Edited)
Photo of Sandy MN

Sandy MN

• 52 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Robin:
Anytime you get an email from Wild Blue, your bank, credit card company, IRS, or anybody that asks you to "click here" to update, leave it alone.  Don't click on any email link.  Go to the company's website, log in, and check it on your own. Never click on links from an email.  Pay attention to the sender's address.  You should be able to see it.  For example, I'll get an alert from Pay Pal, to update my contact information. The senders's address is paypalgotcha.com/click here.  I know paypal doesn't do that. That's when you report it as spam.  Even if you think the sender is legit, don't click on any links.  Just log into your account in a different browser tab to check.
Sandy

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.