Is there ANY anime lovers here? If so what is yalls favorite anime?

• Question
  • Updated 11 hours ago
  • Acknowledged
JIYA GUYS!!! >:3 as of yall know me as tirzy rice OR a.k.a. deku here now :3 (since ive changed my username to deku :3  ) i was wondering... IS THERE ANY OTHER ANIME LOVERS HERE??? :3 i know brad and jim16 is an anime lover here onto this forum :3 BUT!!! i need more anime lovers also!!! :3 also how much anime have you guys downloaded??? :3 BUT!!! for me??? i NEED to download anime... so i can put them onto my portable hard drive then plug my portable hard drive into my xbox one and just watch them onto the xbox one WITHOUT using my data over and over again JUST to watch the same anime over and over and over again @>@ cause thatll use my gbs up in no time >:(

BUT!!! here is my portable hard drive anime folders which i organize so i know which is which!!! :3 HERE IS HOW MUCH GBS IS ONTO MY PORTABLE HARD DRIVE!!! :3 AND HOW MUCH IVE USED!!! >:3

the file system WAS originally an NTSF or was it NTSF BUT!!! ive manage to convert it to an FAT32 :3

HERE IS MY ANIMES THAT I WATCH INTO THE FOLDERS!!! :3

if yall see a black line crossed into a folder... its cause IF i posted this pic... then the moderators would delete this photo saying... its inapporate and violates the terms and conditions... then ill be removed from the champions ;-; SOOOO!!! ive marked this folder out cause it contains some anime something :3 which i wont say cause i dont want this forum to be removed :3 BUT!!! its my little secret ;) IF anyone else finds out... then MY SECRET SAUCE IF SPILLED!!! O.O

BUT!!! here is ALL the animes i watch!!! :3 BUT!!! imma planning to download some one piece episodes also :3 OH FOR GOODNESS SAKES!!! @>@ THAT ONE PIECE SERIES IS ABOUT WHAT!!! @>@ 800 EPISODES HOLY KAKS!!! @>@ HOW IN THE HECK AM I GONNA DOWNNLOAD ALL OF THOSE EPISODES!!! @>@ BUT!!! ill manage BUT!!! i to gotta manage my data and keep an eye on it though :3

BUT!!! any other animes i should watch??? IF SO!!! PLEASE ANIME LOVERS!!! TELL ME SOME OTHER ANIMES I SHOULD WATCH!!! :3 pweez and thank you!!! :3

AND ALWAYS!!! 

GO BEYOND AND GO PLUS ULTRA STYLE!!! >:3
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
  • CANT WAIT FOR OTHER ANIME LOVERS TO REPOND!!! :3

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
what have yall been watching lately as anime genres??? :3 if so what is your favorite anime so far??? :3
(Edited)
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
I am watching Little Witch Academia and The Ancient Magus Bride right now. But I downloaded the Your Name movie for later too.

Even on one of my 2560x1440 monitors I can't show them all. And this is reduced 50% for filesize so it might be hard to read. Get the idea?
Photo of Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury

• 1608 Posts
  • 934 Reply Likes

Whaaaat.... the......

Did you like, download Crunchyroll, entirely?  Maybe Netflix just for kicks too?

If you click on your image it shows up much clearer in another tab, readable.

I don't see "Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?"  It's actually a worth-while show but came to an abrupt ending and I learned that was just season 1.  Now I'm looking for season 2.

If you burn your collection to a few Blu-Ray discs, Deku would cherish it.

Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
No, I torrent any fansub or DVD rip or Blu Ray rip I can get my hands on that includes Japanese audio and subs. I do have many dual audio or dubs too for any newbie guest. But I prefer completed shows normally with Japan Blu Ray video, DolbyHD, DTS, or FLAC Japanese audio, and the best subs (with Op&Ed karaoke) of the fansub groups unless the release had excellent subs. So it normally takes a while after completion before such computer releases. I have a few times even remuxed my own from the best parts of Raws and other groups.

That one is too new yet. I'm pushing The Ancient Magus Bride as it is for newness right now because it is so good. It has 24 eps but Commie has only released to ep 11. I do have the OVAs though. And I am sure there will be better rips and subs down the road.

Most of my collection is 1080p or better since I have a 4K 55" LG TV (that does HDR in 1080p) connected to a 7.1 Sony AVR so it would take too many Blu Ray discs to just get my anime video stuff. as it is I back it up to a matching raid array in a computer in my bedroom. I am having to slow down acquiring too because my 16TB raid has less than 3 TB free right now. And bigger drives haven't got much cheaper like they used to.
Photo of Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury

• 1608 Posts
  • 934 Reply Likes

When you said you have an 4K LG TV and you like FLAC audio, I knew you were into the best.  I guess the only way to get your collection is to send hard drives but you are right...  the really big one's are costly.

I found The Ancient Magus Bride at Funimation and they have it in English :o)
I'll watch it.

Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Heretic! 8o{) Anime are so much better sounding in Japanese even if you have to use English subtitles. I'll forgive you this time if you are still a bit of a newbie.

When it comes to getting Anime, Torrents are your friend. Do you know how to use a Torrent (file sharing) program? I use Tixati myself.

Oh, and I have collected a whole wall of DVD and Blu Ray physical titles too.

Have you ever seen Ai Yori Aoshi or Ah (Oh) My Goddess?
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes

My brother also like the Japanese versions.  I prefer English.  It allows me to look at the animation and see all the little details that I can't when looking at the sub on the bottom.

Funimation is the best place for English dubs and a bargain at $6 a month.

Photo of Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury

• 1608 Posts
  • 934 Reply Likes

bpilettejr
When it comes to getting Anime, Torrents are your friend. Do you know how to use a Torrent (file sharing) program? I use Tixati myself.
I have BitComet 0.60 and it still works.  I kept it because it does not respect the private flag of a tracker.  Some places block it but it is so old now most have forgotten about it or never heard of it.

There's probably better stuff out there now but I don't use Torrents much anymore so I haven't upgraded.

I keep it so I can continue my search for ex-President Nixon's speech 2 weeks before resigning.  Not the speech where he said "Those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself."  I'm looking for the one where he said what would be in his resignation speech, and then wasn't.  It must exist out there someplace.. but I haven't found it in all these years.  I saw it live and want it for myself.  The speech was an outline of what was to be included in his resignation.

Photo of Tim Guy

Tim Guy

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
@Jim16 vrv premium is better. Ya get funimation, crunchyroll, and 10 other channels for $9.99 a month. I have it and been with them for 5 months now.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
Do you get all of Funimation content?  I thought you were limited.  I watch it now for free with commercials.  I'll have to check into the Premium version and see what that includes.  Thanks.
(Edited)
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
I like having whatever I want always handy on my raid drive and you cannot stream the quality I use.
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@bpilettejr SHOLY KAKS!!! @>@ HOW MANY GBS ARE USED UP INTO THE ANIME HARD DRIVE @>@ thats alotta animes @>@ and i do use torrents also :3 gots any good torrent sites anime??? :3 also... i love torrents so much <3 its much easier but then... the seeding and leeching is kinda hard to understand for me :/ 
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@bpilettejr SHOLY KAKS!!! @>@ HOW MANY GBS ARE USED UP INTO THE ANIME HARD DRIVE @>@ thats alotta animes @>@ and i do use torrents also :3 gots any good torrent sites anime??? :3 also... i love torrents so much <3 its much easier but then... the seeding and leeching is kinda hard to understand for me :/ 
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Think TBs instead. 8oP

Seeding is when you give and leeching is when you take. So you leech the first block (That your computer decides is the rarest) then ideally seed the first block you got and leech the next block (depending on rarity again). A seeder is someone who has the whole file so they only can seed. A leecher is either someone without the complete torrent but does partially seed or more properly a person who only takes because a firewall (either at a router, computer, or both) is preventing partially seeding the torrent back to the group torrenting that particular torrent. Upnp and torrent programs normally automatically correctly configure firewalls these days. Also a "false seeder" is someone with the whole torrent but has the firewall problem. Think chicken and egg.

Excede/Viasat's modem with a built in router that cannot be bridged can be a problem especially if you already have a router unless you "punch through" their router firewall. I just told their router my router was a server so go away. That is normally not too safe but I have my good Asus RT-3200 with Merlin firmware protecting me next in line.
(Edited)
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 1964 Posts
  • 925 Reply Likes
Wow, I came over here just to say I wish I could contribute to Deku's anime thread, and you guys aren't even talking about cartoons.  What gives?
(Edited)
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
Shhhh... their talking about illegal stuff....
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 1964 Posts
  • 925 Reply Likes
I think I read something about torrents.  I don't monkey with that stuff anymore.  Shoot, I even pay for all software I use.

I think I paid $25 for Internet Download Manager and it was money well spent. 
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 1964 Posts
  • 925 Reply Likes
Since Deku is a young whipper snapper, its time to share something that was before her time.

Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Actually everything I am talking about is legal. If an Anime is licensed in the US, I obtain a commercial box of the DVDs or Blu Rays to stay legal if they are still available. Even if not, I keep looking anyway. Would you like to see what would take many photos of my Anime Wall? 8^P And if you read any of my posts like on nyaa.si I always encourage supporting the Anime Industry by always buying titles. How else are we going to have all of those Dubs for newbies?

We are talking about Anime for sure...

If you want Deku to see something before her time, how about suggesting she watch Urusei Yatsura  (Those Obnoxious Aliens)?
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
Why would you download an anime if you already have the DVD or Blu Ray?
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 1964 Posts
  • 925 Reply Likes
Beats me. I was Just trying to be humorous and bpilettejr lost his mind.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
Losing your mind is pretty common around here...
Torrents are for illegal downloads, lets not kid one another.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 1964 Posts
  • 925 Reply Likes
But bpilettejr said it's okay to do illegal downloads if you already have the content on DVD.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
I'm still trying to wrap my head around that..
Photo of Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury

• 1608 Posts
  • 934 Reply Likes

Maybe the original disc has an unrecoverable scratch so it's kept around to prove the legitimate purchase?   Copyright is in a legal world all to itself.  Since you don't actually own it, can the copyright holder license you to  use it for a limited time only?

Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 1964 Posts
  • 925 Reply Likes
Maybe he owned the media and it was lost in a fire. He still has the ashes so it's perfectly legal to download a backup copy via torrent.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
But your Honour,  My dog ate it.
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
1. I do not want to mess up the discs.
2. Torrents in and of themselves are not illegal. What about the download that happens while someone is watching something on Netflix or Crunchyroll? The streamed file can be recovered from the temporary storage location. Also, what about titles that were never released in the US?
3. It is called Fair Use. Someone has put it in to a format I can more easily use.
4. Torrents are just a form of download. What about those programs you buy only and can only download or decide not to purchase the media instead?
5. What about abandoned titles or titles so old they are considered Public Domain. Are they to be lost to history?
6. What about those folks who download music and books. I can remember a time when books were photocopied and music was copied to tape. As long as you "owned" an "original" published copy, you were legal to do what you wanted with further copies except give a complete copy to someone who did not "own" the published work themselves. What about "loaning" a book such as libraries do. Yes, the Copywrite Law is outdated but it is what we have. And the spirit of the law is that the artist or creator of the work is compensated reasonably for a reasonable amount of time.
7. My mind is fine. You youngins just have misconceptions probably fostered from the Software Publishing Alliance. They have always wanted to quash Free, Fair Use so that their publisher clients can profit from people buying multiple copies out of guilt.
8. I would prove my right to do so to you but it will do no good until you understand what is right and proper. There are so many who want to take our rights away these days.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
Keep convincing yourself.  So you can download Anime created before 1923 for free..

"All works published in the United States before 1923 are in the public domain. Works published after 1922, but before 1978 are protected for 95 years from the date of publication. If the work was created, but not published, before 1978, the copyright lasts for the life of the author plus 70 years."   Everyone knows what Torrents are for.   I never said I cared if you do it, but lets not blow smoke up everyone's skirt.
(Edited)
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 1964 Posts
  • 925 Reply Likes
Don't copy that floppy. The video I posted didn't say anything about DVD movies.
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
"Published in the United States". What about Anime only released in Japan? I have original black and white Anime that are considered public domain even in Japan. Of course if a work is licensed and published in the US , I practice "due diligence" to legally obtain that work. But there are cases where licenses expire or are abandoned.

"Everyone knows what torrents are for"? I doubt that because they are only for distributed downloading. But you will never understand. Yes, I am sure there are copyright violations. But any tool can be misused.

You do know that all blank media has a "sin tax" that is distributed among artists to help compensate for copying?

Copying floppies were not that easy for software back in the day. There was non standard formatting and other forms of "copy protection" even if you were worried about damaging the original media.

I think everyone should be more concerned about the theft of intellectual property by China.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 1964 Posts
  • 925 Reply Likes
Did he just say it wasn't easy to copy a floppy back in the day? Wow.
Photo of Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury

• 1608 Posts
  • 934 Reply Likes

Let's not forget about Usenet where almost every song ever recorded is still available.  Usenet also has thousands upon thousands of movies, some made by hand-held cameras in a theater and hit Usenet the same day they were released.  Using Usenet gives a full-speed connection and a lot of times there are multiple copies to choose from in various qualities. Almost anything is available on Usenet, programs of all types, music, games, video, you name it, it's there.

Photo of Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury

• 1608 Posts
  • 934 Reply Likes
Did he just say it wasn't easy to copy a floppy back in the day? Wow.
Yes....  Floppy disc copy protection was quite a thing.  Companies went to great lengths to keep a disc from being copied.  There were hardware systems sold that were made for the sole purpose of making copies of un-copy-able disc as well as software that was amazing at making a magnetic clone of a disk right down to 1/2 tracks and smaller, weak bits, seemingly bad formats, and more.  There were companies that were so adamant about not having their disc copied they drilled a microscopic laser hole in the disk and software found the hole and patched the program loader to look there and try to write to that location, if it could, it was a copy and wouldn't work.  Today someone would just disassemble the loader and make it work without any checks at all.  Computer speeds back then were in the neighborhood of 10-20Mhz and the Pentium was still years away.

Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 1964 Posts
  • 925 Reply Likes
I remember copy protection like that with CDs, specifically Rosetta Stone, but I never encountered that with any program on a floppy disk except for one. The company I worked for paid $300 for a floppy disk that had a data recovery program on it. I think it was called Disc Doctor 2000. It had some sort of encryption that would erase the disk if you tried to copy it. If course, we never tried making a copy so I don't know if that was real or not. That was a good program and well worth the $300 we paid for it. It paid for itself the first time we used it to recover data from a customers "dead" hard drive.
(Edited)
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
oh man!!! @>@ my wittle head is hurting from all of this information imma gathering @>@ my poor poor poor wittle head X>X r.i.p. my head ;-; BUT!!! it was a good information for me :3 since i LOVE these types of things :3 kinda interesting to see people actually know there stuff :3 and also... i thought this was an anime forum or something XD now its coming down to copyrights and stuff all that boring stuff (BUT!!! yet its aok cause imma learning something new everyday :3   ) BUT!!! have yall been watching any animes lately??? if so what kinda genres have you guys been watching??? :3
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Always glad to share. Life is not as simple and black and white as some wish it was.

It is actually a Viasat forum but I won't tell if you won't.

Have you seen "Recovery of an MMO Junkie" (Net-juu no Susume)?

Some of my favorite Anime Genres are romance, sci-fi, supernatural and harem. I did not mention school and slice of life since there are so many of them. I also like ones with taboo situations to make me realize that is a part of life too even if I would not approve.

Ask me if you need recommendations but keep an eye on nyaa.si for ones I provide too.
Photo of Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury

• 1608 Posts
  • 934 Reply Likes

Deku
, Champion....
oh man!!! @>@ my wittle head is hurting from all of this information imma gathering @>@ my poor poor poor wittle head X>X r.i.p. my head ;-;
Here's just one more itsy-bitsy  thing that you need to get into your head (more useful? information).

When you are at the main page of this forum and see all the different post.. and it shows who made the last reply and when...  You don't need to open the thread and scroll all the way down to that last entry... wherever it is... to get to it.

You can right-click the last reply and select "open link in new tab" and you will go directly to that post in that thread, sort of an express way to get there.

I'll show you a picture.  See in the post shown below that there are 28 replies so far...  Who wants to look through 28 replies to find the last one?  Right-Click and go straight there.  (Of course you need to click on the new tab for it to show)

Of course... You may have already been doing this... but just in case... here it is.
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
And here I have been always clicking on my monitoring emails...

Anybody here seen Yume Tsukai? Of course it was never released in the US so there are no dubs. Maybe too controversial with the Japanese supernatural stuff? Was kinda fun & weird in a mind bending sort of way.

Photo of Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury

• 1608 Posts
  • 934 Reply Likes
And here I have been always clicking on my monitoring emails...

I think my way is quicker??  But if you follow the thread you get an alert so maybe that's fastest of all.

I'm sort of new at this Anime stuff.  It's really good and I like it a lot but there is sooooo much out there I just get over-whelmed by all the selections available.
Here's where I depend on a little help.  I have list of good things to watch but some are like ... huge, lots and lots of episodes that I won't ever be able to make time to see to completion.   How about something more in the movie-length or not-so-giant in the numbers of episodes?  I have a broad-spectrum for what I like so just about anything goes...  Suggestions?  I watch with English somewhere as I don't know any oriental languages.

(Edited)
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Yes, I always follow any threads I am interested in.

Much of the Studio Ghibli stuff are movies like "Spirited Away".

But for normal series each episode is typically 23 minutes (because they were originally 30 minutes with commercials) so you should be able to handle 12 episode shows of which there are many in a few weeks at a slow pace. Like "Recovery of an MMO Junkie" (Net-juu no Susume) which just has 11 episodes if you insist on English dubs.

If you watch enough subtitled Anime instead, you will eventually start learning the Japanese language and hear all of the nuances you will miss otherwise. Normally Opening and Ending songs are not translated even in dubs. They are normally Karaoke Subtitled. The Japanese language make some very beautiful songs even with knowing the words, doesn't it? Even I originally watched dubs especially on places like Cartoon Network. But once I got brave enough  to watch subs (shows never released in the US and therefore only subtitled helped), I never looked back to watch a dub again and I have enough of a command of the Japanese Language to get by when I eventually visit Japan.

But I have enough time in the world since I am retired/disabled. Sometimes I will binge watch an entire season in one night because I am in pain and cannot sleep. Not recommended for many though. Try to study bit if Japanese culture while you are at it too.

Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
JJ,   Darling in the Franxx at Funimation.    https://www.funimation.com/shows/darling-in-the-franxx/

And if you want something short and funny.....( And remember...it's not a Bikini if it's Armor)
 https://www.funimation.com/shows/bikini-warriors/
(Edited)
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@Judge and Jury I FOUND THE SAME ANIME JIM16 WAS SAYING ONTO THIS WEBSITE!!! :D :3 https://www.masterani.me/anime/info/2758-darling-in-the-franxx

AND THANKS for the heads up for the anime @Jim16 TIME TO DOWNLOAD THE ANIME NOW >:3
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2936 Posts
  • 999 Reply Likes
I was out for a few weeks and this thread is still very much alive! I don't know if it counts but I did watch a little of the Castlevania series. I didn't finish it (Too many good things on now) but I was interested having played the games
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
Yes, that is a good one...

Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
I knew about the Castlevania games bout have never heard about an anime adaption.

I did some research and found what you are referring to is an US American Netflix web animated series based on scripts from a failed movie attempt based on the games. I like both Japanese Anime and US Animation (especially Disney, Pixar, and their ilk) so I am going to have to look into that one.

Just to round things out I pretty much like any Animated series or movie. Have you ever heard about the Italian live action/animated movie "Allegro non Troppo"? It is pretty trippy like the Fantasias. And there is also a version without the live action which is the one I think I saw in a college showing whereas I can only find the other version in digital form so far.

Also, did you know there is a planned release this year with Netflix again of a second season of the Castlevania animation?
(Edited)
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
OH!!! WHO HERE HAS WATCHED THE LATEST EPISODE OF MY HERO ACADEMIA!!! IN ENGLISH DUB AND SUB!!! I DID I DID I DID!!! :3 IT WAS SO AWESOMENESS!!! >:3 CANT WAIT FOR NEXT EPISODE >:3
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 60 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
I tend to shy away from popular anime like Naruto and Bleach because of the length of the seasons, numbers of seasons, typical action genre, and audience targets. I did watch InuYasha back when it was on cartoon network but it did have Japanese supernatural elements and some romance. I have downloaded and purchased some of them in case I had a guest in my home that wanted to watch them and to round out my collection although I tend to lower my standard and buy the cheapest used releases I can find.

My Hero Acadamia sound like the US comic books I enjoyed when I was a child. Lots of action with just enough plot to tie the action sequences together. It may be better than that but I am going to have to feel real patient and curious to give it a spin. But "to each his own".

I can hear you. Is your caps lock key broken? 8^P

Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
I'm caught up with the MHA anime, I'm several chapters behind on the manga though lol.
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@Marika imma caught up with the manga on it AND the anime also P:3
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@bpilettejr and no my caps isnt stuck either :3 i was so happy that i watched the anime :3 its so cool beans!!! :3
Photo of Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury

• 1608 Posts
  • 934 Reply Likes

Ok... here we go.......

I've seen "Anime" mentioned and "Manga".  According to what I can find on Google, Anime is motion pictures and Manga is like comic books.  So....  ummm...  how can there be Manga in an Anime? or do I have it all wrong being such a newbie at this stuff.

Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@Judge and Jury well apprently anime is motion pictures and manga is basically all black and white comic books :3

the reason manga in the anime is basically manga into anime verison of the manga :3 thats all i can say :3 

OH!!! also... into manga you get some good stuff BUT!!! into some animes you get OVA's!!! :3 OVA's mean this Original video animation.... so basically you cant find those into the manga (i think imma not for sure though :/ so ill look into it a bit more :3  ) but yeah that is about it :3

OH!!! also... you get special movies also :3 into some animes :3 or like for an example... original naruto series... the episodes... then there are some movies that go along into whatever series there in... like for naruto series... there was a movie called naruto the land of snow was a movie of where naruto, sasuke, sakura, and kakashi was basically onto a mission and blah blah blah youll have to watch it :3

so yeah that is basically about it :3 about mangas, animes, and ova's :3
Photo of Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury

• 1608 Posts
  • 934 Reply Likes

Let's see now....  Manga is B&W comics and some Anime is based on Manga.  Some Manga is based on the Anime...?  I think that's it. BTW.. YGM  Are OVA's old and dis-colored and only in Japanese?  I guess a person can watch and just kind'a figure out what's going on and speculate what's being said.
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Yeah, manga are B&W Japanese comics of which most anime are based off of.  Some anime are studio originals which ofc means the studio's writers made it. Some anime are based off of visual novels, which are basically "games" that allow the player to have some slight input on the story.  Sometimes a popular studio original anime or movie will get manga adaptations, but this is far rarer than a manga to anime adaptation. Visual Novels are often shortened to VN btw. 

Another thing that is often adapted into anime is light novels.  They are just as they sound, they are fairly short novels that often include some illustrations and are serialized.  If a Light Novel or LN for short is popular it may get a manga adaptation and other such spin-offs. 

OVAs are typically a studio original or a test-run sort of adaptation of a manga,VN or LN.  Though sometimes they may be an actual adaptation of a short manga. 

Hopefully that clears some stuff up~
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@Marika THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION!!! THANK YOU!!! i wanna kiss you now and hug you tightly now!!! (not really kiss you but ya know what i mean into the anime industry :3  )
Photo of Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury

• 1608 Posts
  • 934 Reply Likes

A person can watch and have an enjoyable time.  Knowing how things ended up as they are, and some history about the story adds appreciation for the entire process.

You girls, Marika and Deku, are outstanding and have had a very enjoyable pastime for quite awhile.  I'll watch and wonder if you have seen this-one or that-one already.

Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Lol it's no problem.  Btw, while I failed to mention it when you first made this post, I think I can mention it now.  I saw that Love Stage!!! folder ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).   While I haven't read much of that particular manga, it did seem like pretty high quality Yaoi.  Though I'm much more of a Yuri type of girl myself. 
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@Marika yeah i too saw love stage but i need to watch it to be honest havent watched it yet DX plus... imma gonna go and read some special mangas  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) if ya know what i mean by that lenny face ive putted >:3
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Lol well have fun, I'll be reading some more Yuri as well.
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
oh i sure will have fun  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) you have fun as well also  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 60 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Marika, never met a girl into Yuri before. But I can understand it. Most guys would have a hard time with Yaoi though.

One of my favorite Animes is "KashiMashi (Or KasiMasi) Girl Meets Girl" But technically that is Gender-Bender and Yuri. Ever seen it?
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
I haven't, I will look it up though because I also enjoy gender-bender.
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
After reading about it real quick it sounds like something I might enjoy, so I added it to my to-watch list.
(Edited)
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 60 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
It is really a good romantic multiple love story. A love polygon of sorts. And a deep thoughtful story too.
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 60 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
No, because that is to crack down against Japanese pirates in Japan.

The damage has already been done here with two major anime (and manga) torrent listing sites going private (by invitation only, password protected) to avoid the unreasonable harassment that has been happening over here plus another going offline (but picked up by others).

I am not for pirating but Fair Use of legally owned titles and access to otherwise unobtainable material. Unfortunately such freedom can be used by unscrupulous pirates too who do not understand they are hurting all of us by not making US distribution profitable enough to license titles from Japan here.
Photo of Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury

• 1608 Posts
  • 934 Reply Likes
That's an excellent answer.
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
well ummm for me... i am invited to one of a private sites from one of my friends that sent me an invite link to :3 but... yeah... its basically an anime site and i gots another one from my same friend for an private site too for basically ummm reading and download some MATURE animes and mangas ;) if Judge and Jury knows what i mean by the word MATURE animes and mangas then congrats to you :3 if yall dont know then oh well... but i dont wanna say it since this comment might get deleted @>@
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2936 Posts
  • 999 Reply Likes
Hi everyone.

We are very glad that there's a off-topic thread that everyone is excited about. Feel free to chat away about your favorites but let's please keep it from dwelling into the mature corners of Anime. 

Thanks!
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Deka, I thought you were kidding but my reply got stomped on. And they even consider Anime off topic. Kibishi (harsh). I will still give recommendations if asked but keep an eye on the site.
(Edited)
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 719 Posts
  • 330 Reply Likes
bpilettjr,

On this Viasat forum, anime is technically off-topic.  We don't mind, as we encourage the community to grow!  However, topics need to remain family-friendly. 

Talking about sexually explicit subjects is a bit far, giving site names to directly access them is more so.  There are other sites and forums that are focused on that.  Please keep it off this forum.
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
oh imma so sorry matt b DX i thought you wouldnt noticed of what i was saying about that DX oh well... sadly... matt b knows about what i was saying XD BUT!!! now its time to keep it anime wise though :3 FAMILY FRIENDLY ANIME IT IS!!! :D THANKS :3 (but i wonder... how he knows what i was talking hmmmm *deku thinks and has an idea* YUS I WILL BE MORE CAREFUL AOK??? :3
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
JIYA GUYS!!! >:3 how yall doing this fine fine fine early morning like around 4:30am my time as i post this >:3 me??? ive been watching alotta animes that ive downloaded :3

the current one imma watching is Ushio To Tora English Dub... there is a sub verison also :3 BUT!!! i watched the subbed verison until i stopped to the almost the ending... AND NOW I GOTTA RE-WATCH THE DARN THING AGAIN!!! BUT!!! imma watching it into english dub verison this time >:3 so YAYZA!!! >:3 BUT!!! its so much fricking fun!!! I LOVE IT TO DEATH!!! <3 plus... ive downloaded it also >:3 i ALWAYS i mean ALWAYS download my animes from... masterani website... or 9anime websites sometimes i download from gogoanime... BUT!!! i just usually always like to go there and look at the genres of the super naturals/powers and stuff :3 of how people where normally human THEN!!! BAM!!! they suddenly get powers :D BUT!!! I LOVE boxing animes >:3 basically... i ONLY love animes that DO boxing tournaments and stuff :3 but also have a social life in a video then back to boxing then stuff :3 right now... my FAVORITE anime is hajime ippo if yall dont know about it... then its an boxing anime :3 BUT!!! no powers nor ANYTHING!!! just regular boxing as you see onto tv shows where they are in a ring and stuff :3 I LOVE IT SO FRICKING MUCH!!! :3

ALSO!!! whats yall been watching lately??? >:3
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2928 Posts
  • 997 Reply Likes

I can only hope if they made one they try to do the Stallone voice
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 719 Posts
  • 330 Reply Likes
Mostly the Netflix Voltron.  Not sure that counts as anime though! 

I recently managed to get the last of the lions to form the 18 inch tall Voltron action figure!!! (for my kid!!!  someday..)
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@Brad ummm if ya be so kind what cartoon/anime is that??? :3
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@Matt B @>@ OH MY GOODNESS!!! @>@ i think i remember seeing that on tv onto disney XD before @>@ but... i dont think its an anime though :/ BUT!!! i need to see if its the one that i used to watch onto disney XD IF SO IMMA GONNA GO DOWNLOAD IT IF I CAN FIND IT!!! imma gonna go and search for it now!!! thanks!!! :3
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
rip my anime lovers ;-; seems this thread is dead *deku wants to cry* 

ANYHOO!!! ive watch the new episode of mha season 3 :D I LOVE IT ALSO FAR!!! :D what do yall guys think of mha season 3 so far :D also... you guys should read the manga also :3 i LOVE the manga... OH MY LARWD!!! @>@ REMINDS ME OF READING THE LATEST CHAPTER OF MHA!!! I NEED TO BUZZ OFF BUT I NEED TO ASK A QUESTION FOR YALLS!!! @>@

what kinda animes have yall been watching??? even if its on air or completed :3 which is your most FAV animes this year of 2018 :3
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
the latest episode of mha was great and I've been watching Steins;Gate 0, Hinamatsuri and High School DxD season 4 and tokyo ghoul:re.  
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@Marika i know right??? mha was AWESOMENESS!!! :D also... where do ya download your animes from??? can i get a link pretty pweez and thank you with a cherry on top??? :3
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
I watch them on Crunchyroll and Hulu, which sadly do not offer downloads.  
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@Marika oh i see now kkza... and rip onto the downloads DX do ya even download your animes??? if so what website do ya use??? or do you just like... watch them instead of downloading them???
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Well if I can stream it legally then yes I'll stream it rather than download, but if I absolutely must download (which sadly, aside from the mobile download that Netflix offers, which sucks cause who wants to watch stuff on their phone, none of the legal streaming services offer downloads"  I find 9anime.to to be handy, you will need a video downloader extension to download from them, so just pick the video quality and press play and then use the extension to download it. 
(Edited)
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@Marika oh kkza... yeah i use internet download management a.k.a. IDM :3 i bought the life-time license for one computer :3 plus... i know a secret to make it onto different computers using the life-time license for one computers ONTO MULTIPLY COMPUTERS!!! :D
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
I just use video downloader professional, despite it's name it's actually completely free and works just fine for what I need it to do.  
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@Marika @>@ FOR REALS!!! @>@ SHOLY KAKS!!! @>@ I NEED IT THEN!!! THANKS SO FRICKING MUCH FOR THE PROGRAM NAME!!! :D also... do ya watch the english sub or english dub OR both or what @>@ i tend to watch both sub AND dub :3 BUT!!! if an anime is ONLY in english sub... then ill watch it... IF an anime is in english dub then ill watch it :3
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
I prefer most anime subbed, but most of Funimation's dubs I enjoy.
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@Marika @>@ oh cool beans!!! :3 also... how come i dont see ya onto the forums that much @>@ and also... whacha been doing lately @>@ been watching animes lately or what @>@
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
I mostly lurk, I don't really have anything complain about nor do I feel like replying to other people's complaints.  I just lurk and read threads so I have an idea on what's going on and stuff.  Also, yes, I'm watching a few anime atm and I've been playing a lot of Monster Hunter World.
(Edited)
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
Watching "Star Blazers", and "A certain scientific rail gun".
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
ah nice, but I hope you've seen A Certain Magical Index prior to watching as rail gun is a spin-off series.  
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 60 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Roger that Marika.

Magical Index, Magical Index II, Magical Index III (coming this year), Magical Index-tan (special), Magical Index Movie then Scientific Railgun, Scientific Railgun OVA, Scientific Railgun S, Scientific Railgun S OVA is the correct order.
(Edited)
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
No. I saw that title but... I will start watching that now and then go back.
Thanks Marika
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
Watched episode 1 of Index. Going to be good. So much Anime, so little time.
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 60 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
According to the Encyclopedia at Anime News Network:

At the moment, the encyclopedia holds:
- 20629 titles
   - 8524 anime titles (+ 537 related)
      - 3837 TV series, 2513 OAVs, 1604 movies, 365 TV specials, 169 ONAs, 36 omnibus
   - 11055 manga titles (+ 513 related)
      - 10779 manga, 276 manga anthologies
   - 6184 licensed / 14445 unlicensed
   - 46792 alternative titles
   - 8024 with cast information
   - 19852 with staff information
- 154159 persons' names
   - 117057 staff with 1007851 credits
   - 43362 cast with 514680 roles
- 34847 releases
- 15806 companies
- 105 lexicon entries
- In My Anime / My Manga:
   - 183150 users have entered 6538829 titles in their categories
   - 13505 users have entered 911715 items in their collections
   - 62746 users have entered 2586691 ratings for 13713 different titles

I wonder how many hours of Anime that is. And imagine how big a complete manga library would be especially if it included doujinshi (amateur) titles.

I wonder if one lifetime would be enough to see it all?
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
well for the 1604 movies, assuming they all have a 2 hour flat run time that would be 3,208 hours or a rounded 134 days.  For the anime tv series section, using a very very low end estimation of only 12 episodes each and 30 minute run time, that would be 46,044 episodes or 23,022 hours or 959.25 days aka a little bit over two and a half years.  So, there's an extremely rough estimation that you can use to gauge whether or not achieving that in a lifetime is possible.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
"whether or not achieving that in a lifetime is possible."

Going to give it a shot!

(Edited)
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 60 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
That would catch a person up but there are always new releases or new seasons. Plus games.

And the rewatching of old favorites slowing you down too.
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
ummmm well for me... i ALWAYS have basically NOTHING to do into my life :3 sooo... i try and watch anime (execpt for when chatting and voice chatting onto discord and stuff) sooo basically i tend to always like ummm... watch mi anime as much as i can :3 usually i can just watch anime like for 6-7 hours for one day then the next day... imma busy with discord and stuff OH YEAH!!! within those 6-7 hours of watching anime i tend to take out mi mas doggies out and i HAVE to eat something if imma hungry also in between... OH YEAH!!! DONT FORGETS BATHROOM BREAKS ALSO IS IMPORTANT ALSO!!! :3 soooo i have my soda besides mi and i tend to have mi ciggys besides me and i just puffies away and drinkies away as imma watching misa anime for those 6-7 hours for one day :3
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
No more ciggys Deku!!!
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 60 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Amen, Jim.

Every smoker I ever knew ended up with emphysema and on oxygen and then dying prematurely.

I have asthma from Gulf War 1 from a sandstorm so I cannot even have smokers around me.

I don't know how old Deku is but I hope she is not drinking alcohol either.

I wish I could find a nice girl for companionship and to watch Anime together but too many girls/women smoke these days.

I have tried dating sites but they have too many scammers and there are too few Anime Otaku girls out there.

Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@bpilettejr i to also drink alcohol sometimes BUT!!! the ONLY time i drink booze is... when imma watching anime for 6-7 hours :3 other than that... i dont drink my booze... BUT!!! i do sometimes drink booze when i do play my video games sometimes... other times when i do play mi video games... i dont drink mi booze... BUT!!! mi big sister is coming on sunday cause my birthday is onto may 7th :3 but we going out onto the 6th to the casino cause mi big sister said she will buy me a drink for me birthday out there :3 i do gamble sometimes... BUT!!! i know when imma outta money imma out... i ONLY take so much with me when i do gamble... IF i blow it all then imma done out there... like say for an exmaple... i took about... 20$ if the 20$ is all gone... OR if i gots 5$ left then ill cash out and just save the 5$ instead of gambling that 5$ out of the 20$ :3 so yeah :3 that is what i do :3
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
Otaku In Japan, the word can be most closely equated to the English word “geek,” but the meaning is not as simple as that. Otaku is also defined in Japan as a word that defines a person who has obsessive interests, and can apply to a wide variety of topics, including anime, manga, cosplay, collectibles and more.
(Edited)
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
Isn't it amazing that we can stream, download, watch all this stuff on the crappy VIasat service? Go figure.
(Edited)
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@Jim16 uhhhh viasat services isnt crappy for me :3 i can do anything onto my end :3

OH YEAH!!! i tend to always talk about anime manga and anime figures :3 im even a subcriber to loot anime :3 i pay about... close to 35$ a month for it :3 I LOVE THE FIGURES, MANGAS, POSTERS, KEYCHAINS AND MY FREE T-SHIRT I GET ALONG WITH IT ALSO :3

i have SO many dang stuff from them @>@ its almost gonna be close to a year :3 BUT!!! i have my deku figure i gots from them onto my desktop beside my computer monitor :3 I LOVE IT TO DEATH!!! <3

i too also like my mangas i gots from them :3 i need to read them though @>@ i have SO many mangas @>@ OH YEAH!!! I NEED TO READ MY DRAGON BALL SUPER MANGAS I GOTS FROM AMAZON!!! @>@ ALSO MY BLACK CLOVER MANGAS!!! AND BORUTO NARUTO NEXT GENERATION MANGAS!!! @>@ OH GEEZ!!! @>@ I GOTS ALOTTA STUFF TO READ @>@

OH YEAH!!! i too also gots naruto shippuden ultimate ninja storm triology for my nintendo switch :3 so far... i putted about... 6 hours into it :3 since the 1st of may :3 i think i spent about... since the 2nd of may... then after 6 hours i went onto the 2nd game into the bundle :3 I LOVE IT SO FRICKING MUCH!!! :3

OH YEAH!!! i too also gots ALMOST all the pop figures for MHA :D i just need that all might glow in the dark and the ochako into her hero costume... THEN ITS ALL COMPLETE!!! :D at least for now... UNTIL they come out with some more :3 THEN ILL BUY SOME MORE!!! :D
Photo of Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury

• 1608 Posts
  • 934 Reply Likes

BUT!!! mi big sister is coming on sunday cause my birthday is onto may 7th 

Yep.... another birthday. 

Just think, in just 3 more  birthdays it will actually be legal for you to drink and your sister won't have to sneak you into the casino anymore   
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 60 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Roger that Jim. I am also a Manga Otaku, Computer Otaku, Tech Otaku, and "Out in the Middle of Nowhere" Otaku.

At least I went with the ""25 boost" plan while they had it. So I get good speeds from 3-6am. I eat up the 12Gb limit in a couple of days normally. Funny how they only have 12Mbps plans now. Nothing new, I just checked. I guess the Viasat 2 antennas are a big problem. No more shuttle to fix them either.

J&J, while I was those ages the legal age was 18 for everything and even 16 for some things. Now I keep hoping for someone to "card" me.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
Watching "Darling in the Franxx".  Can't wait until I can drive my car that way...

(Edited)
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
lol well enjoy, Studio Trigger is one of my favorite studios and that's their newest project. Though, not to spoil anything, while I do enjoy Darling in the Franxx, So far I'm enjoying it less than I had their previous projects. Doesn't mean it's bad though.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
Any suggestions from that Studio Trigger Marika?
(Edited)
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Little Witch Academia and Kiznaiver are the first two, if you want another one that has more *overt* social commentary or themes similar to Darling in the Franxx I'd recommend Kill La Kill. 
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
"overt" is good... I'll put Kill on my list.
(Edited)
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
Kill La Kill is on Netflix.
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
indeed it is. 
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
So is Little Witch Academia.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
O.K.  I've seen women running with giant scissors at a cosplay I went to.  Now it makes sense! 
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Lol well enjoy.
(Edited)
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
Oh, that would be nice.  Yeah....... that would be nice.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
NO!!  Don't go!!  :)  You just deleted my dream.
(Edited)
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
lol sorry, if I do manage to buy all the needed stuff I'll consider sharing. 
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
Have you done cosplay?
(Edited)
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Not really, but I have a knack for makeup and fashion. So, hopefully it won't look *too* terrible lol. 
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
We have one here every year in Davenport, Iowa.  Pretty small but there is always a few that do a great job with their characters. 
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
I think there's a small one about 30 minutes from me every year too. I first heard about it last year though, so unsure if it's new or not. I plan to go to it this year.
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
anyways, I hope you enjoy Kill La Kill :)
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 60 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
I am still watching Little Witch Academia (series).

I am in Kentucky, south of Louisville. I have not seen much Anime and Cosplay in Louisville so I am thinking about going to Indianapolis. Know of anything closer Marika?
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 123 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
hmm, well I googled it and here's the result: https://www.upcomingcons.com/cons/state/kentucky hopefully this may help.
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
oh my LORD!!! @>@ i didnt know this was active @>@ plus... i had to go to the hospital into the behavoiral sections... (PLEASE DONT ASK WHY!!! ;-; i had to explain it over and over and over to everybody there @>@ i had to be court ordered to be there for 3 days... but i gots out onto monday may 7th :3 )   

BUT!!! glad this is still active to be honest :3 also... when may 7th came around i was released by my phyciatress though onto monday :3 so my big sister came and got me then... she gots me some new shoes for around 20$ then she took me to mr. stirfry for lunch... then she said do you want some manga...... i said MANGA MANGA MANGA!!! so i looked around for manga... nothing didnt peak my interest sadly... sooooo i asked my big sister where the bible section was so she showed me it... and stuff i gots to pick out a bible but it was like 40$ where i can color the sides with color pencils and also... make little notes :3

OH YEAH!!! i also asked my big sister if i could get some bible tabs... she said sure... so when i gots home that day... i was working onto the bible tabs... OH MY LORD!!!! @>@ THEY TOOK FOREVER TO PUT THEM INTO EACH BOOK @>@ TOOK ME ABOUT 3-4 HOURS JUST TO PUT THEM INTO EACH BOOK OF THE BIBLE!!! @>@ BUT!!! i some how managed to do it though :3

BUT!!! whachall doing lately??? what kinda animes didja watch??? i still need to watch the latest 2 episodes of MHA though ;-; and to read the manga also :3 sooooooooo ill be here on and off though but glad you guys are doing great!!! :3
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2612 Posts
  • 1618 Reply Likes
Deku, welcome back. We always enjoy your humor, and your positive attitude. Never lose that. Your forum friends are here for you, and love your posts.
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@steve oh why thank you :3 and i didnt know everyone missed my posts on here @>@ i wonder why @>@
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
It's been quite a while since this thread got a nice bump, so since I am rewatching Ouran High School Host Club until I get more data, I figured I'd recommend it for all of those who may not have seen it yet.  You can legally stream it both subbed and dubbed on Netflix and you can stream it subbed on Crunchyroll.  If you have a Funimation account you should be able to find the dub on there as well, but I have not confirmed that.  

Another fantastic series that is licensed and available for streaming through Funimation and Crunchyroll (for dub and sub respectively) is Steins;Gate!  I highly, highly, highly recommend it and it's new season is currently airing, which you can stream every Wednesday subbed on Crunchyroll. 

I may toss some more random recommendations as "bumps" in the future. 
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
Thanks for the recommendations Marika.  Your last one, Magical Index, was a very good one.  Still watching it.  I'm also watching Star Blazers.  Pretty good.
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Glad you're enjoying Magical Index, maybe by the time you're all caught up the third season will be out (not sure what time this year it's supposed to come out, but it is slated for this year, unless something changed.)
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Oh yeah, just thought of another two amazing anime I should recommend, Inuyashiki and Land of the Lustrous (Houseki no Kuni for the Japanese title) both can be found on Amazon Prime Video and Land of the Lustrous is soon to be available on HiDive for legal streaming as well. 
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@Marika thanks for the recommendations!!! ^^
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
No problem, if anyone wants any more recommendations from me in the future I'm sure I can come up with some lol. 
(Edited)
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
Black Lagoon was one of my favorites.  I just read they may bring back a third season.  (Funimation)
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
I am watching Land of the Lustrous (Houseki no Kuni) as it is being released (subbed). I do not normally like doing that but L-O-L is so different (3D generated) and pleasing to the eye (along with mineralogy references) that I think it is worth the stop and go wait. It helps though to understand how Buddhists (or maybe Hinduists) think about life and reality to fully appreciate though.
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Just a heads up, but it's already completely available subbed, at least on Amazon Prime Video, unsure why HiDive decided to release it week to week despite how it finished airing several months ago. 
(Edited)
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Also Black Lagoon is also one of my favorites @Jim, I still need to watch the OVAs and third season certainly would be nice, but I read something a long time ago about the mangaka wanting to start a new series, so I wonder how they're gonna get a third season when he doesn't want to make more of the manga (source material) I suppose they could have it be an anime original, but if that's the case I doubt it'll have the same soul as the original two seasons. 
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
@Marika, streaming is an impossibility with the beam and plan I am on unless I watched from 3am-6am.

Plus, I am watching video and audio from the Japanese Blu Ray (which I have found is always better than what is released over here) coupled with 2 possible fansub tracks to compare although the first is great so far but which are normally better than the official sub.

I have a 4K 55" TV (which I normally run in 1080p 12bit color (HDR) since it is pre 4K HDR unless the source video is 4K) with a 7.1 surround sound Sony AVR hooked to my computer so I can notice the poor job US publishers do with too many Blu Rays released over here. Also, I do not see the ability to stream 1080p with surround sound anytime soon even if it gets where I can stream.
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
ok, I was just saying it's available so you don't have to watch week to week and giving an example as to where you may legally find it. Trust me I understand not being able to stream, especially on Amazon Prime Video, their video player definitely does not play nicely with satellite internet and especially not with the "video data extender". 

So long as you enjoy it, then that's what's most important. 
(Edited)
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
@Jim16 & @Marika, I do not see a third season of BL happening since the OVA'S were meant to wrap things up.
Demands for another season normally come from folks unsatisfied with bad endings of which anime has many including BL. The worst ending for me though was Mahoromatic.
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Marika, the way I am watching it is even more eye popping for the CGI.
As far as "legal", I plan on buying the Blu Ray or DVD to encourage it as a dub for newbies once Sentai Filmworks releases it. I looked but there is not even a "preorder" yet. If my Japanese ever gets good enough, I may consider getting all of my Anime from Japan but that would not support US Publishers.

It is too bad that Amazon has this one as "streaming" only and not downloadable. Might be a licensing limitation from Sentai though. Of course no cost with Amazon Prime.
(Edited)
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Yeah, while it seems it'll be quite a while before we get the blu-ray, I'm still glad we are getting one.  I was worried that since Amazon owned the license they may not capitalize on them like they should. So, nice to see Sentai taking the initiative, Scum's Wish or Kuzu no Honkai is also getting a blu-ray release this September and I plan on buying that as well as a little side note. 
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Scum's wish was good but made me want to scream that "they" should have become a couple.
Have you seen "Chivalry of a Failed Knight"? Good, "happy" ending there.
(Edited)
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
omg same lol, the ending always hurts me *so* much, but I still love the series and am currently reading the sequel manga titled Scum's Wish Decor.  Wish it published at a more regular rate, it's been several months and only 5 chapters are out.  Crunchyroll is simulpublishing it if you're interested.  

Also just saw your edit and no I have not seen it, but it was on my plan to watch list. 
(Edited)
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
update: Turns out Chapter 6 of Scum's Wish Decor was the final chapter, the pain is real. 
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Ugh. So the manga and anime have the same ending? Bummer. I just looked into the Wikipedia entry for Mahoromatic and it seems that the manga's ending is similar but weirder and not as tragic as the anime so I guess I will have to try it.
The anime "Chivalry of a Failed Knight" is a definite recommend especially after dealing with "ScumsWish". CFK's light novel, manga, and anime all supposedly follow the same storyline from what I have read so any of them should be good.
I am currently rewatching "Stellvia of the Universe". I love the opening song by Angela. It is too bad the second season got killed but the 26 episodes we have are great. There is a manga but it was written after the anime since Stellvia started only as an anime.
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Yeah the main series manga ended the same, the sequel to the main series is the one I was talking about, it ended on a positive note, *spoiler warning*  it looks like Mogi and Hinabi will finally get together and become a proper couple *spoiler warning over*  It's just I wanted more than 6 chapters and I wanted to see more of what was to come. 
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Sequel is good vibes but an afterthought then.
I have always complained about poor anime endings. I wonder if they are from Japan's self-depreciating culture or inferiority complex from losing WW2
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
I wouldn't call the anime of Scum's Wish "poor" it's just not a happy one.  Their relationship not being able to work out at the end of the anime makes sense considering all that's happened, while I definitely wanted them to be there for each other and stay together, I can understand why they may not have wanted to at that point.
(Edited)
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
Sentai reminds me of something else hehehe ;) XD BUT!!! ANYHOO!!! :3 I CANT BELIEVE THIS ANIME POST I CREATED IS STILL ALIVE SOMEHOW @>@ I DONT GET HOW ITS ALIVE TILL THIS DAY @>@ OH MY GOODNESS!!! @>@ 

ALSO!!! I MADE THIS POST LIKE 3 MONTHS AGO!!! AND ITS STILL ALIVE SOMEHOW!!! YAYZA!!! :D IMMA SO HAPPY TO FIND FELLOW ANIME LOVERS AND MANGA LOVERS TO ENJOY AND DISCUSS ANYTHING THEY WANT!!! :3 EXECPT for something else that we talked about previously... which cant be talked about :( BUT!!! ANYHOO!!!

IMMA GOING TO KEEP THIS POST ALIVE AS POSSIBLE!!! :D AND I HOPE YOU GUYS CAN ALWAYS COME HERE AND JUST TALK ABOUT ALL THE ANIMES AND MANGAS YOU GUYS ENJOY!!! :D IMMA SO HAPPY I MADE THIS POST!!! :D i never wouldve thought no one onto this forum even LIKED anime ;-; BUT!!! UNTIL I MADE THIS POST!!! IT BLEW UP!!! :D IMMA SO HAPPY!!! THANK YOU MY ANIME AND MANGA LOVERS!!! AND LETS NOT FORGET THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!!! IS THAT VIASAT HAS GIVEN US THIS FORUM TO TALK ABOUT THINGS WE ENJOY!!! <3 

THANKS VIASAT FOR THE AWESOMENESS FORUM!!! <3
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
I wish there was a place I could go to figure out the pros and cons of different digitized releases (video,audio,dual audio, subtitle style, and subtitle accuracy vs cultural barriers). BakaBT used to be a good place to start until they went private.
Dubs from BluRay,DVD,streamed or otherwise are great for newbies and casual watchers but I have gone so far beyond that that I am almost ready to shut off the subtitles or watch Japan released anime. I am still working on Japanese grammar and fast speech though. I do find myself arguing with the translations presented in subtitles sometimes though.
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@bpilettejr well... one of my friends sent me an invite link to a private anime site that you can ONLY get through an invitation... so yeah... even when i signed up for that private anime site he gave me about... 50gbs or 70gbs so i can download some animes and while the anime is seeding... i can earn more gbs so i can download some more :3 i mean... what you just said... the private anime site is just like that... and stuff :3 but yeah... imma so happy to have a friend that can get me into some private websites :3 he just sends me a link via private message and he will give me some gbs to download to start off first :3 then i will be seeding it to earn more gbs download :3 and stuff :3 imma into 2 private website 1 of them being an anime and the other... uhhh lets just say... i cant say it on here ;) but yeah :3
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
That is why I am not trying to get on any private sites. With my crowded beam and plan, I do not have much seeding bandwidth. It is hard enough to get out releases I have made.
Photo of michael3245

michael3245

• 40 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Let's see ghost in the shell, Hellsing is another good one. 
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes

Yes, Ghost has to rank as one of the best.  Ghost in the Shell 2.0  is my favorite, with the added digital stuff.

Ghost in the Shell

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society

Ghost in the Shell 2.0

Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie

(Edited)
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
All you listed was the movies, so I'm curious if you've seen the tv series Jim.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1951 Posts
  • 1641 Reply Likes
Photo of michael3245

michael3245

• 40 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
The moves are good to only one I seen was solid state. Also the live action move was good as well. Trigun was another good series. captain taylor was another good series. :P 
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Action Anime. I've got to be in the mood for something different to watch those.
I normally watch anything but them. Especially if it deals with stuff that expands the mind or heart. Not so much horror. More sci fi, fantasy, romance, and alternate universe/dimension stuff. And especially if it has Japanese history, places, and/or culture.
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Yeah Trigun was a good series, disappointed with how it ended. I recently started watching Revolutionary Girl Utena and Sweet Blue Flowers (Aoi Hana) alongside all the other stuff I'm watching this season. 
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Sometimes I wonder if manga and anime writers have a complex from the war or their society to make so many bad endings?
RGU is good but it gets surreal at the end. Don't want to say anymore than that so I don't spoil it for you.
I keep forgetting about Aoi Hana even though Aoi from Ai Yori Aoshi is one of my favorite characters. I'm getting AH now. Thanks for reminding me.
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Sorry I don't quite see why you'd remember a show with the word "Aoi" in the title just because you happen to like a character from another anime with that name lol.  But, no problem nonetheless.  Also, to answer your question about anime and manga writers, it's because they genuinely believe that's a good ending ,got lazy or had to rush. Those are the three paths to a bad ending, writing endings isn't all that easy, it's hard to wrap everything up in a neat little bow that can satisfy most people.  You also have to consider the amount of time they're given, most mangaka work on weekly schedules doing the story and art themselves while only getting feedback from an editor.  An editor can just say, "I don't like that, change it" and they'll have to change it however many times all within this one week time span.  

So, I can understand why an anime/manga writer might end up with a sub-par conclusion to their story, not that my understanding makes it any less disappointing, but I do have a fair understanding as to why it may have been like that.  

Edit: I realize you probably weren't looking for a serious answer or anything, but there you go I guess lol.
(Edited)
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
That is because I do many visual - memory cues due to the short term memory problems I have from the Gulf War especially with the Fibro I have. Plus, the Ai Yori Aoshi title has many translations that relate to blue too. The "official" title is supposed to be "Bluer than Indigo" (A reference to the indigo color that blue kimonos turn with age due to the dye used) but it could also be things like "Love More Blue". Aoshi can also mean green but I just can't see that in context.
Considering human nature, I can see what you mean about endings. I think ours over here for movies and books have suffered too. In my era and before it was easier because endings had to involve Truth, Justice, The American Way, and/or True Love conquering all. I know life is rarely, if ever, anything like that at all but not reaching that high in thought risks a society spiraling downward on each worse rung of realism that is accepted. There are differences in each person's sensibilities so obviously we will not all agree on endings. A good example for my sensibilities is that I avoid horror and gore as much as I can because as one who studies history and having been a military brat and a military man, I have seen or studied much, much worse and do not want to be reminded of such things. A little peace and happiness once in a while would be nice even if it is a story.
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Ah i see, on the note of sensibilities it is fine to enjoy happier stories with happy endings, but to use Scum's Wish as an example, a sad ending doesn't mean a low quality one. Also, if you want to see it end on a high note, read Scum's Wish Decor the 6 chapter sequel manga. 
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
I'll have to get that sequel then just for the better sunset.
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
So, I know this is an anime thread, but I doubt any of you will particularly mind me recommending some of my favorite manga here lol.  So, here's a quick list of manga I really like and feel more people should give a try.

Bokura no Hentai: (no it's not actually hentai, the name officially translates to "Our Own Metamorphoses")

Wandering Son/Hourou Musuko:(it also has an 11 episode anime, but it only covers a little bit of the manga while also skipping around, so for the full experience read the manga)

Kanojo ni Naru Hi & the spin-off Kanojo ni Naru Hi Another: (the translation for this is kinda rough, but it's basically "The day to become her" though I have seen it be translated as "Becoming a Girl one day") 

Girlfriends: if the name doesn't tell you what genre it is, I'll let you know it's Yuri.  

Kase-san: it's a short manga consisting of around 25 chapters and is also Yuri, you may have to look up asagao to kase-san to get it to come up, but it is also often referred to as "the kase-san series" as it more so a series of connected short stories all with new titles with the only similar being "and kase-san" or in Japanese "と加瀬さん" 

My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness: great autobiographical manga that won manga of the year at the Crunchyroll Awards last year, I know that is a laughable event to many, but it is a genuinely great manga that just about everyone can relate to. 

A Silent Voice, just a beautiful manga that has an amazing movie adaptation, but yet again for the full story go to the manga. 

Fumitsu no Anata e or To Your Eternity: the currently on-going series by Yoshitoki Ooima the author of A Silent Voice.  

There ya go, that's all that I could think of off the top of my head.  I'll be sure to update with more recommendations if people want. 
(Edited)
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Ah, yuri (lily) or GL (Girls' Love). I prefer shoujo-ai which has the western connotation of romance only.
But I just finished watching Freezing and Freezing Vibration and along with all of the fanservice has many GL relationships from one degree or another as well as every fetish you can think of hinted at. And the premise forces older girl-younger boy relationships. Not the best anime, but definitely different.
Right now after that I am relaxing through Beet the Vandal Buster trying to reclaim what innocence I can with video game like monster bashing and very subtle romance.
Yea, I'll watch and read almost anything. I am doing a massive manga download right now and will look up your suggestions. But right now I am being slowed down transferring from a 6ea 3Tb raid drive setup to a 2ea 10Tb raid setup (now migrating to 3ea 10Tb since I found another "cheap" drive) so I am going from 16Tb formatted to 28Tb formatted probably by the time I am done. I am going to move 4 of the old drives to my backup system but I will have to make them into a second raid on the second system and I will have to backup to 2 raid drives until I can afford new drives for my second system. I should have enough space for a while now once I am done.

Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
I've seen some of Freezing, wasn't really my thing for reasons you can probably guess.  Hopefully out of all my recommendations you enjoy Bokura no Hentai, it is definitely one of my all time favorite manga.  
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Do you like gender bender at all? It seems like all of them end up being boy to girl but that the girl or girls still seem to like. I think I told you about Kasi Masi (or Kashi Mashi) Girl meets Girl.
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Do I like gender bender you ask? the first three of my recommendations fall under gender bender lol. Also yes you have told me about it before, but I have yet to watch it yet. 
(Edited)
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Nice. I'm looking forward to it then. Sorry, I have been mainly on the Anime side of things and just started getting into Manga so I hope you'll forgive my ignorance.
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
lol no worries, I hope you enjoy them and if you want any more recommendations I'm sure I can find you some. 
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
idk how I forgot it, but Bloom Into You is another great Yuri manga series and it is getting an anime this Fall iirc. 
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2936 Posts
  • 999 Reply Likes
This is the one off topic post that just keeps going like a Anime Energizer Bunny!

I know I may come off like this guy: https://media.giphy.com/media/AyyJ82RCqtxKw/giphy.gif

But again while we like the off-topic discussions we're sort of steering back into tiptoeing into Hentai territory so just a quick reminder to avoid that topic to keep this thread open as we want to keep this forum in PG/PG13 territory. To each their own but we ask that we stay out of that area. Consider it the sub-genre that must not be spoken.  Thanks!
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
OH PLEASE!!! FOR MY SAKE AND FOR THIS FORUMS SAKE!!! PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FORBIDDEN TOPIC!!! OH PWEEZ!!! DONT TALK ABOUT IT ;-; i want this forum to stay ALIVE!!! AND NOT to be closed *deku wants to cry if it does gets closed* so lets just talk about mangas and animes :3 INSTEAD of ANY forbidden stuff that @brad has spoken of :3 OH PWEEZ DONT GET THIS FORUM SHUTDOWN PWEEZ!!! ;-; id be SUPER heartbroken... IF this forum was actually not able to let other people comment on here ;-; i mean... id be SUPER heartbroken... id be so depressed that... i wouldnt want to even post any more stuff on here ;-; so yeah... PWEEZ I BEGGIES OF YOU GUYS TO FOLLOW WHAT @BRAD IS SAYING!!! THANK CHU!!! <3
Photo of michael3245

michael3245

• 39 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I agree please. Don't get it closed I like a place to talk about things. Even how well exede allows me to download video games like Jurassic World :D 
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Well, while context is a thing, I realize Brad was just airing on the side of caution, I will certainly opt to use the English title for Our Own Metamorphoses from now on to be safe lol.
(Edited)
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Ok, I will keep an eye on the Anime and @Marika you keep an eye on the Manga titles. By the way, the equivalent of US PG and PG13 in Japan is PG12 for those titles that have not been licensed and rated in the US yet. Instead of MPAA Japan's rating regulator is kniwn as Eirin if anyone is interested in looking up all the ratings. Japan also has a G rating like the US too so Japanese G and PG12 would be ok. As far as subject matter, I think we can use good judgement but we will have to keep an eye on translations and multiple meanings as well as a realization of the cultural differences since the Buddhism and Shintoism practiced in Japan have different morals that our Judaeo-Christian heritage. As a matter of fact, it is not well known but there is a US State Department bulletin for Japan that warns that women should never travel alone in Japan. It says that any women should travel in large groups of women, a mixed group, or should at least have a male travel companion. There are other countries like this too. Even as a man I check with the US State Department before I travel to any countries so I can have an uneventful trip.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2928 Posts
  • 997 Reply Likes
Are you playing the mobile game Michael? I'm working my way up to a Rex but I had a Utahraptor take her down on a battle so my squad just simply has to ask:  "Rex Who???" 

As for this topic and some of the context/gray areas we have to be cautious. There's a lot of eyeballs that draw upon our forum and we don't mind the off-topic discussions (we enjoy the fun) this is a tool for our customer self-help options and we want to make sure it stays appropriate. So if in doubt throw it out....of this forum.
(Edited)
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
I just joined Anime News Network with the thought of us continuing this over there with more freedom. They have separate Anime and Manga sections so I had to make a topic in each for us. So feel free to register there and join me. But do read their "stickies" with their rules mainly about requesting certain downloads and streaming. Hope to see you there but that does not mean we cannot keep this one alive too within its limits. 
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
ok I made an account and replied to your manga topic on there.
Photo of michael3245

michael3245

• 39 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I am playing the new pc version Jurassic World the park building game. It is fun. I have heard of the mobile game. Can't wait to see the movie Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom.
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
well, that plan was a bust. 
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Responses can be slow here too so I will give it some time yet.
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
I meant how both threads on ANN got locked by that mod. 
(Edited)
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
I was following the threads by email and got no notice of the mods message or locking. I looked through the forums after I saw what you meant and noticed many threads were locked. Sorry, I did not know they were like that because I have always enjoyed their News and Encyclopedia sections and had not tried their forum before. I sent a pm to that mod and gave him a lecture on what I thought about his locking my threads when I was trying get us to use all of their site. I am going back to the way I was on that site after I see if that mod is brave enough to reply to my pm.

Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@Marika yeah i know right??? rip the thread ;-;

@bpilettejr yeah i know right???

WELP!!! THE ONLY SOLUTION!!! IS TO MAKE A DISCORD ACCOUNT!!! :D AND THEN JOIN MY SERVER!!! :D cause ya can voice chat add each other as friends onto discord.... ummm what else is there.... ummm... OH YEAH!!! SEND PICTURES AND TYPE INTO THE SAME CHANNEL TEXT!!! :D ALSO!!! MAKING A GROUP DM AND ADD CERTAIN PEOPLE TO IT!!! :D

OH YEAH!!! if ya want too... just download the discord app onto your laptop or desktop... OR!!! even onto your guys phones!!! :D

HERE IS MY DISCORD SERVER!!! :D

just make sure to read the rules... and the do ?verify into the verifacations THEN YOUR DONE!!! :D

https://discord.gg/auEdceV

HOPE TO SEE YA GUYS THERE!!! :D AND HOPE THAT WE CAN VC INTO MY DISCORD SERVER!!! :D

P.S.!!! my friend made me that server!!! :3 AM REALLY EXCITED TO SEE BOTH OF YALL GUYS INTO THAT SERVER ASAP!!! :D
Photo of bpilettejr

bpilettejr

• 61 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Haven't had too much luck with discord. Too much junk on there.
@Marika, finally watched Sweet Blue Flowers Anime. Nice, sweet romance story. At least the partner swapping didn't remind me of a soap opera and made sense.
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 124 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Glad you liked it, I'm pretty sure the anime only covered part of the manga, but I've yet to read the manga myself so that's only what I've heard.