Is there an outage map?

• Problem
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
Is there an outage map?

Modem has been blinking white for hours; after numerous resets, powering down, etc.

The app is also throwing up errors: unable to connect, unable to access personal account information.

Yes, the bill is paid. 

I am frustrated at not being able to find this on the website or within my account.
Photo of Lisa Repensky

Lisa Repensky

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1581 Posts
  • 929 Reply Likes
There is no outage map.

Post your general location on here, perhaps others in your area can confirm or deny they are having issues.
Photo of Lisa Repensky

Lisa Repensky

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hibbing, MN
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1570 Posts
  • 926 Reply Likes
Is there snow and/or ice on the dish?
Photo of Lisa Repensky

Lisa Repensky

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
There is a thin layer of frost. If that’s what it is, it’s going to be a fun winter;-)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1570 Posts
  • 926 Reply Likes
You might need to sweep the dish with a broom and brush the tria too, if you can safely access it.

Winds wont knock your dish out, but a small layer of snow/ice will!
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 1019 Posts
  • 502 Reply Likes
I agree with ExSat.  Check to make sure snow hasn't layered over the dish.  If you can, make sure the coax between the dish and modem isn't damaged, and all connections are tight.  If you've done all that and the dish is free of snow, you might want to have a service call built.
Photo of Lisa Repensky

Lisa Repensky

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well, turns out it was frozen condensation inside the plastic cover on the lnb. Service call is $95 for their faulty product. Appears Viasat isn’t going to work for me. Some engineer should invent a decent dish system for cold weather climates. Thanks for the help!
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1570 Posts
  • 926 Reply Likes
If you have alternatives other than satellite internet, why do you have satellite internet?

Moisture shouldn't get in the connectors if installed properly, but snow and ice on dish/tria will knock out the signal.