Is there a pattern here with plans and customer experience with those plans?

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Acknowledged
I do not hear any complaints from the Gold 50 folks.
Photo of Tres Bien

Tres Bien

• 47 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Tres Bien

Tres Bien

• 47 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Do fools rush in?
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1683 Posts
  • 1000 Reply Likes
Only when getting married.

Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 796 Posts
  • 462 Reply Likes
LOL.  
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3268 Posts
  • 1882 Reply Likes
Being that Gold 50 is available in only a very few spots in the country, not sure how many are even on it. You would have to be on the mythical high density spot beam just to get it.
Photo of Tres Bien

Tres Bien

• 47 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Well, I would suggest that you git on over to https://www.exede.com/plan-results/internet-plans/, find you a good zip code site, and commence to plugging in zips from around the country.

It takes a lot of time to get a decent picture but you might be surprised by what you find.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3268 Posts
  • 1882 Reply Likes
I find some zips that require exact street addresses. Obviously that complicates things when trying to build a "map".
Photo of Tres Bien

Tres Bien

• 47 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Yes, and I find some light colored beans in my sacks of black beans too.  Oh, my, that does complicate things. /s/
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 393 Posts
  • 197 Reply Likes
Fool me twice????
Photo of The eW Shoot

The eW Shoot

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just got Platinum 100 and am edging in on the priority data limit. I'm sure once I hit it, the first time it effects my work stuff I'll be complaining a lot.

Already blown away at the lack of information beforehand on upload speeds.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3687 Posts
  • 3700 Reply Likes
You might get lucky and see what this Platinum 100 user saw just a few weeks ago:

https://community.viasat.com/viasat/topics/one-month-with-100mbp-and-this-is-my-results

Thus far it appears that there's no need for any prioritization in at least some Platinum 100 areas (lightly subscribed so far). But let us know... we're all curious as to how it goes. But yes, all of the marketing I've seen just touts the up to 100 Mbps download "speed" with no mention of upload expectations - what's it running at?  Most are only concerned with download...
(Edited)