Is it possible that you guys can make the left over data carry onto the next month???

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Not Planned
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: old thread

hi i just wanted to give ya guys a new idea. ok so let me explain a quick example of how the lefty over data onto the next month. ok so say i have 150.0gbs and i used about... 74.0 data out of the 150.0gbs  so that'll leave me with 76.0 data left over from my first month.

so when i get my 150.0gbs refilled at midnight. then that is when the left over data from before carries onto the next month. so total it would be about... 226.0gbs...

is it even possible for you guys to do that? or any plans of doing it? if so that is awesome!!! if not then oh well at least i tried right? :3
Photo of Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver)

Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver)

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
  • Thankful for exede to be my ISP <3

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Mark

Mark

• 50 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Dream on, me and several others asked that question many times, the reply is always the same we don't sell data plans. Or maybe the response, you don't understand satellite internet. So join the ranks of hundreds who asked the same question, and just say duh.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2599 Posts
  • 1610 Reply Likes
Not at all likely.  Keeping data and letting it build up to use it for streaming and such, which is mostly what that saved up data would be used for, would completely negate the reasons the data restrictions are there, and that's a system with a throughput that is considerably more restricted than any ground based alternative.  It can only handle so much traffic at any given time, and letting people save data, then use large amounts of it, especially when there is a reason many people want to stream something at the same time (think Superbowl or Oscars or a hugely popular movie release, or even a new Netflix series), the system will slow to a crawl.

It's not a made up excuse, it's just the reality of a system that is much more restricted, bandwidth wise, than ground based alternatives.  

(Edited)
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2450 Posts
  • 481 Reply Likes
Hi Tirzy, thank you for the suggestion.  At this time, we do not have any plans to carry over data to the next month. 
Photo of peter harrington

peter harrington

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
wish you did. already paid for the data should be carried over
Photo of TheCatWillStrike

TheCatWillStrike

• 181 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
You are lucky you have a 150GB plan. Honestly, for smaller accounts, even if it's just some data. Such as up to twice your current cap.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.