Is Exede SHA-256 compatible ?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
Paypal is requiring that my internet be SHA-256 compatible in order to continue being able to use their services. Is Exede SHA-256 compatible ?
Photo of Nicole

Nicole

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 3931 Posts
  • 4017 Reply Likes

Yes, Exede is SHA-256 compatible - this site uses an SHA-256 security certificate. From a user perspective, it's a matter of whether or not the browser is SHA-256 compatible and all modern browsers are.

Paypal may simply be referring to servers where a vendor web site is hosted that has been integrated with Paypal.    

SHA-256 is simply a secure hashing algorithm used for endpoint to endpoint encryption having little to do with the ISP layer.

(Edited)
Photo of Nicole

Nicole

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
OK - Thanks for that information :)

I use Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Opera... on a iMac and for some reason I cannot get Paypal.com to load up on any of them. Never had this problem before (10 yrs) so something is up. Maybe it's because i'm of my Liberty Pass status as of last night but I've not had this problem before, either. Not being able to get into my Paypal is a disaster since i am an online seller ! I need to make this better fast as I have to print out shipping labels today... yikes !
Photo of Nicole

Nicole

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Alright then, I've called Paypal to make sure my account is all good and it is, and their site is good soooo since i'm having the same problem on all 4 browsers then i can only assume that its an issue with Exede. Everything else uploads/downloads fine soooo what the heck is going on between Exede & Paypal ?
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 2834 Posts
  • 1791 Reply Likes
No problem getting on the https://paypal.com site from my computer using Exede.
Beam 314, Winnipeg gateway, Dallas core node.
Photo of Markgc

Markgc, Champion

• 337 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Yes it seems like an Exede issue. I can get on with 4G wireless but Exede won't connect to Paypal
Photo of Nicole

Nicole

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You are correct Markgc. It is now a known issue on Exede. PlugIn required. There is only one Tech who can fix it... will keep you all posted.
Photo of Nicole

Nicole

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
There is a problem regarding the Paypal connection thru Exede. There is no current solution for Firefox/Safari users but there is temporary fix for Chrome. It's an Add-on called UltraSurf. You gotta call CS and ask them to patch you through Tech Escalations, tier 3 for the fix. They took good care of me and they tried hard to figure out a way to make it work on Firefox but neither UltraSurf nor Hotspotshield worked. oh well. Good thing i have Chrome on my iMac.
(Edited)