IP configuration failed

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
i cant connect to my wifi using my cell phone today. it says IP configuration failed. what does that mean?
Photo of morgan steele

morgan steele

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3211 Posts
  • 2066 Reply Likes
If you are using an android phone, here is something you might be able to use to fix that problem. http://appslova.com/how-to-fix-obtaining-ip-address-error-in-android/
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2423 Posts
  • 480 Reply Likes
Hi Morgan,  Were you able to get your cell phone connected?  If not, please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com or call Exede Customer Care and they will troubleshoot to locate what is causing this issue.
Photo of Bestusefultips

Bestusefultips

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Unable to connect the internet on Android devices due to stuck in obtaining IP addresses when connecting Wi-Fi. Check out below given possible methods to fix obtaining IP address error in android.

Settings > Wi-Fi > Enable Wi-Fi > Long press connected network > Modify network > Show advance options > IP Settings > Static > Assign new IP address

Using above settings fix obtaining IP address error in your android phone. If static IP address does not fix the issue, again set DHCP and try to access the internet in your android devices. Also, try the below methods.

Step 1: Go to Settings in your Android

Step 2: Tap on Wi-Fi

Step 3: Turn on Wi-Fi

Step 4: Tap & hold your Wi-Fi network

Step 5: Tap Modify network

Step 6: Tap Advanced options

You can see Proxy and IP settings. By default set IP settings as DHCP in your android devices.

Step 7:  Change IP settings DHCP to Static in your Android phone

Various options see including IP address, Gateway, Network prefix length, DNS 1 and DNS 2.

Step 8: Change the IP address and tap connect 

Hopes this will work for you.

Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 523 Posts
  • 198 Reply Likes
You joined to reply to a 3 year old post, why?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.