• 55 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
  • angry

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 658 Posts
  • 620 Reply Likes
Off hand those look like the numbers of someone being deprioritized on and unlimited plan - higher than normal latency (indicating congestion due to dropped packets), low speed on the down side and normal/above average upload. 

Congestion is not limited to the usual 5:00 PM to 12:00 AM time slot - folks are undoubtedly shifting their usage to other periods as well trying to get work done as best they can.  

Just a guess since you've provided nothing to go on - answers to the old what's your plan, where do you stand with respect to your data threshold, what is your data threshold, what's your zip code, what satellite and when did you acquire the plan if unlimited may help provide some further insight.
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2194 Posts
  • 1291 Reply Likes
It's December in March!
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 658 Posts
  • 620 Reply Likes
We need a little Christmas, right this very moment...
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2194 Posts
  • 1291 Reply Likes
Blue lights are perfect for the holidays!
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 658 Posts
  • 620 Reply Likes
Unfortunately, it's Festivus... and the airing of grievances.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2194 Posts
  • 1291 Reply Likes
I am waiting for the feats of strength. Stephen versus WayneA. Winning gets the coveted shill of the year award!
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2194 Posts
  • 1291 Reply Likes
Also remember, serenity now, insanity later!
Photo of Shannon Williams

Shannon Williams

• 55 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
unlimited bronze 6 years ive been with  execede internet am disabled am online day to night my computer is my life for thje last 2 days am been on dial up speeds after waiting 9 to 10 hours  last few months great speeds 2 days worrst speeds ever for most 90 dollars is nothing me thats a lot of money this is high speed internet satellite am  not to be at dial up speeds at 90 dollars per month if i miss my payment  i get no this reason that reason o its this time of day etc etc its u offline were our money so if am paying near 100 dollars every month an vista making millions and millions off threre customers i should be doing better than dial up speed ater waiting nine to ten hours at 100 dollars per month dont u 
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 658 Posts
  • 620 Reply Likes
The question was when did you acquire that unlimited plan not when you started with Exede. Unlimited plans haven't been available for 6 years introduce in late 2017 as I recall.

There was a change made to unlimited plans that were acquired prior to 2/13/2018 (specifically those early plans on Viasat-1 prematurely offered before Viasat-2's malfunction). Those plans also had a 150 GB data usage threshold. 

If you have one of those specific plans then you are subject to de-prioritization at any time regardless of how much data you may have used towards your threshold. During peak usage periods (i.e. congested periods) it's common for those plans to see your results - due to the demands being placed by those stuck at home peak periods are just about 24/7 that extends even into the overnite hours as folks try to find a time slot where there is less congestion - those time slots are becoming more difficult to find in some service areas.

As noted those numbers seem to imply you are being deprioritized whether because you exceed your threshold or have one of those early unlimited plans subjected to deprioritization at any time.

It's not me, it's Viasat - I don't work for them and from one of your eaqrly posts appears you are aware of the prioritization.
(Edited)
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2467 Posts
  • 1519 Reply Likes
Shannon, 

One thing to keep in mind is that right now there is a lot more stress on the system due to the much higher number of people being home right now, and it will only increase.     

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's the entire cause, but the more traffic there is on the system at any given time the more it's going to impact unlimited plans, especially when people with those plans have crossed that prioritization threshold.  
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2467 Posts
  • 1519 Reply Likes
Shannon, 

One thing to keep in mind is that right now there is a lot more stress on the system due to the much higher number of people being home right now, and it will only increase.     

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's the entire cause, but the more traffic there is on the system at any given time the more it's going to impact unlimited plans, especially when people with those plans have crossed that prioritization threshold.  
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2467 Posts
  • 1519 Reply Likes
Ugh... more double posts.  SMH.  
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 658 Posts
  • 620 Reply Likes
That earlier post was made on  March 29, 2018

https://community.viasat.com/viasat/topics/read-all-execede-customers

where you explained de-prioritization yourself. Given the slow roll out of the Viasat-2 unlimited plans that puts you in or around that magic 2/13/2018 date. So the question is on what date you acquired it? Barring that do you have a white triangular prism shaped modem or what is your data usage threshold?
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2194 Posts
  • 1291 Reply Likes
If the internet in general is struggling to handle the load, Viasat internet will be even worse.

Plans might have to be throttled back EVEN more.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 727 Posts
  • 320 Reply Likes
My Red Wireless seems to be inching down by the day. Just got 3.5 Mbps down, way better than most Viasat days for me. It also never drops.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2916 Posts
  • 1543 Reply Likes
Think its slow now?  Be thankful they haven't done away with data caps.
Photo of Thomas Perry

Thomas Perry

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have never received any where speeds they promised and their installers suck had to fix most their screw ups their has been many in last 4 + years  would rather deal with used car sales men at least you can believe some what they say I have been lied to  ( for what ever reason) by different levels up to a hundred times  in rating of one to five I give them -5