Internet Outage 6/27

• Problem
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: The outage has passed.

No internet
Photo of Traci

Traci

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3155 Posts
  • 1119 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hello. We are aware of the outage affecting several of our core nodes. We do have a team investigating the issue and working diligently to restore service ASAP 
Photo of Paul Oertel

Paul Oertel

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This is not the first time. This get old in a hurry.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2278 Posts
  • 1985 Reply Likes
Space is hard or everyone would be doing it.
Photo of Frank Alvarez

Frank Alvarez

• 23 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
This is clearly not Viasat's fault, they have been hacked by the Russians so they can influence the mid-term elections using Viasat  satellites to intercept electronic votes and change them.
Photo of John Blomquist

John Blomquist

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
So far in this set of posts, Texas, Missouri, Mississippi, Oregon, Ohio and Florida are down. Not even a year after the new satellite is operational, not looking good. I’m looking at almost 12 hours down so far here in Texas.
Photo of Travis Willard

Travis Willard

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Down in Western Massachusetts as well.  Since 4:30 AM.
Photo of Emily W. Taylor

Emily W. Taylor

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Down in Georgia also, no service since I got up at 5:00 this morning and this is my only source of service besides eating up my cell service.
Photo of zaw9c1

zaw9c1

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I can get on line if "client side proxy" is "disconnected"    once its connected all things goes down.
I can ping and I was be able to remote desktop on to my home pc once.
i have customer who use Verizon MicroCell.  he's getting text/email and making calls.  I'm sure that traffic  bypass the proxy.
why don't you guys disable the proxy until problem is fixed?
Photo of Crystal Abner

Crystal Abner

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Down in Kentucky also
Photo of Dan Thomas

Dan Thomas

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Back up in Central Florida. Sorry, everyone. (Good speed, too.)
Photo of Julie Rettmann

Julie Rettmann

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Back up in Southern Oregon.
Photo of James Paramore

James Paramore

• 152 Posts
  • 55 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Problems.

Had a storm last night and lost connection. Shut down and went to bed. This morning when I turned back on I have no internet. I rebooted the modem and it came back up, but only for a couple of minutes. Tried this several times and it does the same. Tried direct to pc with ethernet and got the same. All lights are lit on the modem but no connection. Modem stats look good. I'm in the south georgia area, anyone else have problems.
Photo of Julie Rettmann

Julie Rettmann

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Viasat server down?.

Viasat server down?  No internet service in Southern Oregon at 8 am this morning.  I rebooted the modem and computer, but nothing changed.
Photo of Stephanie F

Stephanie F

• 15 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Outage in Missouri.

I have outage in Southwest Missouri and can't get any device to connect even though the app diagnostic test says everything is great.
Photo of Paula Chappell Pate

Paula Chappell Pate

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled internet is down in mississippi.

can get to the internet  but no pages will load
Photo of Markgc

Markgc, Champion

• 337 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Still down in NC.  I think it must have died around 3:30 to 4 am.  I was actually up having an early breakfast and went back to bed around 4:40am  but didn't check to see if my LNFZ downloads were still active.

Photo of Gail Bowler

Gail Bowler

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Still down in Missouri! This is terrible. What is the et for resolution????
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3650 Posts
  • 2129 Reply Likes
Now is not the time, but why can't Viasat implement a public outage map (like the power companies).

Sure would make things easier for all of us.
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 460 Posts
  • 172 Reply Likes
Probably afraid it would give the competition some kind of competitive edge!  Don't worry about the subscribers, they'll just have to wait it out!
Photo of Sophie Mae

Sophie Mae

• 69 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
I agree - public outage map would be a nice tool to have.
Photo of Sophie Mae

Sophie Mae

• 69 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
Yes, I looked at that earlier, but it's not an official outage map. :) But thanks for sharing it!
Photo of Carolyn Burgess

Carolyn Burgess

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
That is not an official outage map and when you try to load, it has a message that you have to agree to that it can basically take all your Facebook and other computer information and you agree to this.   Why would anyone agree to that?
Photo of lsandersj

lsandersj

• 16 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Everybody likes to know why. An explanation of some sort is better than the deer in the headlights response we are getting. Confidence shaker.
Photo of Greg Ritz

Greg Ritz

• 39 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Internet down in NW Ohio.

It looks like it is a large area. I wonder if a champion could respond as to what is going on?
Thanks
Photo of John Blomquist

John Blomquist

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This is ridiculous, been out since 2 am in Texas! I moved here from a metropolitan area with 100 MPs fiber and have been putting up with this for almost 4 years! The absolute saving grace in that my electricity provider ( it’s a co-op) just installed fiber optic. They will set me up in 2-3 weeks. 50 MPS speed at half the price. I can’t wait to dump this crap!
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3155 Posts
  • 1119 Reply Likes
This appears to be ViaSat-1 that's out. We're not seeing the outage on ViaSat-2. With that said we are working on a fix sorry for the time it's taking but we hope to be up ASAP
Photo of Frank Alvarez

Frank Alvarez

• 23 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Lucky Dog! :) I'm far out in the country, 3 more generations and we might have fiber out here. The price we pay for living in the country I guess! Sometimes it just sucks. 
Photo of John Blomquist

John Blomquist

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Brad, I do appreciate your response - a lot! You’re the only Viasat employee most of us can get through to. I’ve tried phone (60 min minimum wait), internet chat ( no reply), Facebook chat (no reply). Your company needs to come up with a way to inform customers in a situation like this.............a way that works!!!
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2278 Posts
  • 1985 Reply Likes
This seems to be working pretty good.  No?
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3155 Posts
  • 1119 Reply Likes
Fully agreed John. We're working on better methods of informing customers. There SHOULD be a IVR message for the folks that call in as per our standard protocol.  I do know we're having ongoing communications tied to our social channels and this forum as we brainstorm updates and new methods to be able to get timely information out about situations like this. Sometimes a few hoops have to be cleared but we hear you loud and clear and are taking the suggestions and criticisms into account. 
Photo of Johnny House

Johnny House

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Do you know when service will be fixed?
Photo of Joni Johnson-Kropp

Joni Johnson-Kropp

• 2 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Still no service in southern Wisconsin. Anyone hear when this issue will be resolved? I have a teen at home with NO INTERNET. omg. :)
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2278 Posts
  • 1985 Reply Likes
Now's a good time to teach him to read a good book.
Photo of Sophie Mae

Sophie Mae

• 69 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
Okay, I laughed. :-D
(Edited)
Photo of Joni Johnson-Kropp

Joni Johnson-Kropp

• 2 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Jim- SHE happens to be immersed in a good book at the moment. 
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2278 Posts
  • 1985 Reply Likes

Great!  Some really good ones...

Photo of James Paramore

James Paramore

• 152 Posts
  • 55 Reply Likes
After I found out it was an outage this morning, I went fishing, no luck there either. Just got back and it's still down. I think I will go play my guitar some and check back later.
Photo of Andy Schack

Andy Schack

• 854 Posts
  • 753 Reply Likes
Brad, thanks for taking down my thread. When I saw the board go to green I thought everything was good to go. 
Just bumped a VS2 job that was scheduled for today to tomorrow. 

Andy
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3155 Posts
  • 1119 Reply Likes
no problem. Nothing personal but we just didn't want that thread turn into a flame-war 
Photo of Susan Kornblut

Susan Kornblut

• 46 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Don't blame you and hope it will get resolved sometime today a lot of people depend on their connection for work or school and that is why there are so many people complaining.
Photo of Sara

Sara

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No internet all day here in East TN either. :(
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3155 Posts
  • 1119 Reply Likes
Official Response
Update 2: We are still working on the outage. Despite the frustrating ordeal currently, outages especially of this caliber are quite rare. A few of you night owls may have been down longer as some overnight maintenance led into this outage.

Our team  working on the issue are seeing some progress to resolving this and some customers might see restoration of surfing (however with very reduced speeds) as they continue to work on fixing the bigger issue. I'll update as I can. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
(Edited)
Photo of Andy Schack

Andy Schack

• 854 Posts
  • 753 Reply Likes
Brad. When I called tech support I got a recording informing me that there was an issue with provisioning so I bumped a VS2 job. Do you know if this is affecting prov on VS2 or is it just VS1 installs?....wait time for tech support was pretty lengthy. 

Andy
Photo of James Redmond

James Redmond

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
For a $110 a month, I expect little to no outages. The only reason any of us have satellite internet is because we have no other option. Seems like Viasat knows that and is thumbing their nose at us. "What are you going to do, leave? We're all you have" Can't wait to quit Viasat. Been a customer 4 plus years and all I get is excuses.
Photo of Susan Kornblut

Susan Kornblut

• 46 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Reduced speeds can surf now but service not 100 percent thanks for the updates time is 237 pm service went off at around 200 am .I am in northeastern SC.
Photo of John Blomquist

John Blomquist

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You answered another question for me Brad, in the nearly 4 years I’ve had this service I’ve noticed many outages (most short term 5-30 minutes). During early morning from about 12 midnight to 2am. I always suspected this was maintenence.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3155 Posts
  • 1119 Reply Likes
Maintenance is typically overnight and that is far more common (regardless of ISP) to prevent things like this outage from being more widespread 
Photo of lsandersj

lsandersj

• 16 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
How much more widespread do yo want - We're CO to FL still that I see.
Photo of Laura Emberley

Laura Emberley

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
Same in FL since at least 3am.  And hung up on after being on hold for over an hour. Unacceptable. 
Photo of James Paramore

James Paramore

• 152 Posts
  • 55 Reply Likes
Working right now for me, seems to come and go. It will be on for a minutes and then back off. I'm in South Georgia.
(Edited)
Photo of Susan Kornblut

Susan Kornblut

• 46 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Mine is working at an extemely reduced speed like Brad stated it is not back up 100 percent.
Photo of Andy Schack

Andy Schack

• 854 Posts
  • 753 Reply Likes
Starting to get reports from customers that their service is coming back online. Now this may be just temporary BUT I wanted to at least pass it along. 

Andy
Photo of Frank Alvarez

Frank Alvarez

• 23 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
We're back up in Central Florida, a little slow but back up.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3155 Posts
  • 1119 Reply Likes
Official Response
Update 3: Getting some reports of restoration with slower browsing. We are still working on a overall restoration but you may at least be able to browse I'd wait a little before streaming :)
Photo of Sara

Sara

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Back up in East TN and doing great. Hope it stays!! :)
Photo of KENNETH Y.

KENNETH Y.

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Mine was saying connected but was unable to get on any pages now I've had nothing but the ring flashing white like it's trying to connect
Photo of KENNETH Y.

KENNETH Y.

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
For the last 10 to 20 mins
Photo of Sherry Dickens Hebbert

Sherry Dickens Hebbert

• 23 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Been down in Missouri all day. 800 number indicates it has been resolved, but it has not.  Called again and waited on a call back from a call center who had no idea what was going on and no clue as to when it would be resolved.  He Said I would get updates via the app.  I have not heard a word.  Hard to work from home in an IT field when you have no internet.  Juggling Hot Spots now.........
Photo of Nicholes Koekkoek

Nicholes Koekkoek

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Laika the Space Dog is working on Sputnik. 
Photo of James Redmond

James Redmond

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Was just told by an agent that Beam 351, along with several others, are down and they have no time frame as to when they would be back up. He said the they are getting no response from these beams. Sounds like they have no clue as to what is actually going on.
(Edited)
Photo of Linda Robyberry

Linda Robyberry

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
There are very few likes or comments because unless you are using your cell phone as a wi-fi hot spot YOU CAN'T REPLY!  So annonying.  No internet since around midnight last night.  Why don't they just put a message saying what up on the phone instead of the insipid 'lots of calls' message

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.