internet outage Oct. 12-14,2016

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • In Progress
I had such a slow internet when I returned home on the evening of Oct. 12th but let it go until the next morning. I tried resetting my system with no help. I finally gave up and called Exede where I spoke to a  very nice lady. She sent me on to a tier 2 person. While waiting for him to check something, I was disconnected. I called back a bit later and was told that there had been an outage in my area that had started Wed. night and they were working on it but did not know when it would be fixed. I was fortunate in that I could get some emails but every time I tried to get on computer three of the lights were blinking like crazy and not able to get my browsers to come up. Finally tonight I seem to have internet and trying to catch up during free time on some things that needed to be taken care. of. What amazes me is that in the time their was "the outage" I use .5 gb of my new monthly data service. I was not home during the day on Wed. so those emails must have been very lengthy (tongue in cheek).I do want to say that I appreciate the nice techs that I talked to. Will there be any compensation for the lost time?
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 121 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
  • glad I have internet again.

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2152 Posts
  • 382 Reply Likes
Hi Nancy,  I 'm glad to hear you had a great experience with the tech. We look at each issue individually.  Please send your account and contact information to exedelistens@viasat.com. Thanks.