Internet in Mexico

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Acknowledged
When will Viasat/Excede offer internet service to private homes in southern Mexico? Viasat 2 was supposed to provide this service, but I cannot find any ability to get this service.
Photo of Bhofman

Bhofman

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
Viasat 2 is not online yet, that won't happen until early next year but, that's in just a couple of months. Keep watching for it.
Photo of Bhofman

Bhofman

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for your quick reply. How do I best stay informed? Should I monitor the Excede web site (which doesn’t seem to have a ‘news’ link, or is there another news outlet Viasat uses for this type of info/announcement?
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
You can follow the progress on the Exede Blog and, the Viasat news sites here:

https://www.exede.com/blog/
https://www.viasat.com/news
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 981 Posts
  • 489 Reply Likes
Bhofman,

We've heard rumors of expanding to Mexico, but there hasn't been an official announcement yet.  As Bev said, it won't happen until Viasat 2 comes online!
Photo of Bhofman

Bhofman

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you both for the information.  There is a huge market for Excede once Viasat 2 comes on line.  I will keep checking at sites Bev provided. 
Photo of Steveio

Steveio

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Does anyone know if it's being offered in Mexico yet?
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3446 Posts
  • 1289 Reply Likes
Hi Steveio,

We haven't rolled out to Mexico just yet. Please keep an eye on this forum and viasat.com for an announcement 
Photo of Steveio

Steveio

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
How can I find an installer in Baja California so I can ask them to let me know when it's available?
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2386 Posts
  • 464 Reply Likes
Hi Steveio,  Please go to this website and input your zip code.
https://www.exede.com/locate-a-dealer/?zip=64804
Photo of Steveio

Steveio

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
That appears to only be for the U.S.. Can I use a U.S. dealer to get a system for Baja? Should I just use my U.S. address?
Photo of Luis Rangel

Luis Rangel

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
hi Stevio ima installer in Mexico 
Photo of Steveio

Steveio

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Where are you located?
Photo of Blak Viper

Blak Viper

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
@Steveio, I can assist you in Baja
Photo of Alex

Alex, Viasat Corporate Communications

• 675 Posts
  • 305 Reply Likes
We should have info about VS-2 service throughout Mexico very soon. We've been providing a lot of rural towns with a WiFi hotspot option (you go to a store and buy by the gig or for a set amount of time) in northern Mexico off our ViaSat-1 satellite, which has proven very popular in areas where service is non-existent (or close to it). We'll be expanding that with VS-2 service but I haven't heard yet about more typical residential service. Will update as soon as we know more!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.