Internet disconnects constantly

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
I have had Viasat for almost a year with no issues. In the past month I have been losing internet at least 5 or so times a day. I get the blinking white ring over and over. I have tired the reboot technique which sometimes works or I have to just wait until it comes back on. I have had 2 service technicians come out in the past 2 weeks with the same results after they leave. They replaced the modem and a part on the dish but it did not help.

I was thinking about upgrading my plan to the 150 gig before I started having this issue. I'm getting so fed up with this issue but I don't have many options on service. It's not fair for those of us that don't have land lines. Satellite internet is such a RIP off compared to land lines and the sevice provided by land lines.

Is anyone else having the issue?
Photo of Hans Grahek

Hans Grahek

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Frannie Bayne Spencer

Frannie Bayne Spencer

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Mine does the same thing daily! I haven’t called for help, as I’ve heard there’s a fee of $95.00 for them to fix the problem.
Photo of Hans Grahek

Hans Grahek

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
They told me the same thing that it would be $95 to come and fix. I said no I shouldn't have to pay that for you to come and fix your equipment that I dont own. Then they told me I could just pay $8 and some change a month and they would come and fix it. She told me I can cancel the service call service in three months.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1865 Posts
  • 1079 Reply Likes
Have they aligned the dish? Checked the grounding and cables?
Photo of Hans Grahek

Hans Grahek

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes they have realigned the dish and checked the cables. They changed a couple of the connector ends but nothing seems to be working. It just get extremely frustrating paying $110 a month for a crap service when I know I could have an unlimited land line plan cheaper than what I pay for a 50 gig satellite plan.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1830 Posts
  • 1059 Reply Likes
That is one of the cheaper Viasat plans. Count yourself lucky!
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2357 Posts
  • 1433 Reply Likes
"when I know I could have an unlimited land line plan cheaper than what I pay for a 50 gig satellite plan."

If you have that option, why in the world would you choose satellite internet?  
Photo of Hans Grahek

Hans Grahek

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Because I don't have that option I live in the country side where we don't have land lines. I was just saying I know I could have better than satelite. We do have a fios line on the main road but they told us we could not use it because it was dedicated for the firehouse.
Photo of Julie Gillis

Julie Gillis

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have been having this problem for over a week. Sign also blue everything syas6its find then it disconnects randomly. I've reset it hard reset unplugged from wall disconnected from all devices. Nothing had made it work. Customer got me no where they told me to create an new wifi password.... only have services a month or so now the 1st few weeks were great now this issue. Someone please help. I've checked all the pages googled endlessly and everything goes back to viasat needs to fix it from there end but I cant get them to admit theres a problem. They just say everything looks good. But even now my tv cant even pick up a wifi signal! 140 a month for what?????????????? I'm gonna throw this modem out the window
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3541 Posts
  • 1326 Reply Likes
Hi Julie

Please email us at viasatlistens@viasat.com and we'll take a look on our end.