intermittent outages

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
This past week i have lost my internet for brief periods of time. I put it off for a few times that it was really cloudy out and maybe the signal was not getting through? This morning once again, it went out for just a short while. The skies were clear. Is anyone else having these issues? Suggestions welcome. 
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Have been experiencing the same on beam 329 in Virginia - sporadic outages for as long as it takes to reacquire the signal - just waiting it out and confident it's not on my end, but I have a higher pain threshold on Exede than most. 
(Edited)
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
So it is not limited to us in the more eastern part of the country. Interesting. 
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2165 Posts
  • 1328 Reply Likes
just waiting it out and confident it's not on my end
I often do the same as nine times out of ten it's not me.  Sometimes, especially if it's late, I just turn it off and try again the next day.  My ISP deals with the same problems.  

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3163 Posts
  • 2034 Reply Likes
My service has been losing satellite connection for the past 3 days, sometimes 8 to 10 times during the day. Today I am lucky to not have the connection drop every hour or so. The modem does reconnect on its own, usually within minutes. This is something that has not been happening in the past.

Liberty 18 GB, 12 Mbps, data usage 74%, beam 314
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2183 Reply Likes
My modem has developed that habit to in the last few days here in the Midwest.  A couple times a day.  I think it is due to the issues that Exede is dealing with now.  Probably will get worse until the new sat. is up.
(Edited)
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Jim, they are going to have to do better than that. If you have internet it should be reliable. I cannot start something such as one mentioned taxes only to be cut off time and again. We have been waiting on the sat. for some time. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.