intermittent outages

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
This past week i have lost my internet for brief periods of time. I put it off for a few times that it was really cloudy out and maybe the signal was not getting through? This morning once again, it went out for just a short while. The skies were clear. Is anyone else having these issues? Suggestions welcome. 
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 3891 Posts
  • 3959 Reply Likes
Have been experiencing the same on beam 329 in Virginia - sporadic outages for as long as it takes to reacquire the signal - just waiting it out and confident it's not on my end, but I have a higher pain threshold on Exede than most. 
(Edited)
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
So it is not limited to us in the more eastern part of the country. Interesting. 
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 969 Posts
  • 593 Reply Likes
just waiting it out and confident it's not on my end
I often do the same as nine times out of ten it's not me.  Sometimes, especially if it's late, I just turn it off and try again the next day.  My ISP deals with the same problems.  

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 2796 Posts
  • 1763 Reply Likes
My service has been losing satellite connection for the past 3 days, sometimes 8 to 10 times during the day. Today I am lucky to not have the connection drop every hour or so. The modem does reconnect on its own, usually within minutes. This is something that has not been happening in the past.

Liberty 18 GB, 12 Mbps, data usage 74%, beam 314
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2250 Posts
  • 1949 Reply Likes
My modem has developed that habit to in the last few days here in the Midwest.  A couple times a day.  I think it is due to the issues that Exede is dealing with now.  Probably will get worse until the new sat. is up.
(Edited)
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Jim, they are going to have to do better than that. If you have internet it should be reliable. I cannot start something such as one mentioned taxes only to be cut off time and again. We have been waiting on the sat. for some time. 
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2241 Posts
  • 424 Reply Likes
Hi Nancy, I can certainly check on outages.  Have you checked your router? Please send your account and contact information to exedelistens@viasat.com with the time and dates you have experienced intermittent connectivity issues.
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Have not heard anything back yet. Hopefully that means they are checking into it. 
Photo of luvtodrum

luvtodrum

• 37 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Same here James!! This is ridiculous!! Mine is out as I type here .. thank goodness I am at work !! My wife is fuming over this!! She ready to call and cancel !!
Photo of Judy Gillispie

Judy Gillispie

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Mine went out Dec 26 and they weren't going to come to fix it until Jan. 6.  I had Freedom for $99 a month and never ran out of data.  I cancelled and called dish because I have their tv service.  They came the next day but I found out they are Hughes.  We had Hughes and those tokens angered us.  I called back Excede to reinstate.  It had only been two days.  I no longer could have my old plan.  Now I have Liberty at $159 and it is horrible.  These people are criminals and I'm under contract as a new customer.  Think about cancelling because you will be punished.
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Every company has their own issues. I have overall been happy with my service. That does not mean I have not had any issues. 
Photo of jkpwife

jkpwife

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Same thing happening is Middle Tennessee
Photo of John Blount

John Blount

• 62 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Much like Old Lab here, but unlike others, I suggest rebooting the modem and router at least weekly. Much like your computer it is just good practice for electronics.
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
It is getting to be a nuisance. Happened two or three times in a short period today and it is not good when you are in the middle of something. I will do as Diana suggested but doubt it is going to help me much. 
(Edited)
Photo of Beth Card Ullman

Beth Card Ullman

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Same here in Va. been trying to do my taxes for 2 days and every time I get start my internet goes down very annoying, I have rebooted several times doesn't seem to help.
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Thank you, Beth. I am also in VA. Have not started taxes for this very reason. Just tried to reset my modem. Will see if that helps. I did contact Exede thanks to Diana-employee. 
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Resetting my modem did not help. I have not heard back from the correspondence with Exede yet. Will wait until tomorrow to see if they respond. They said 24 hours and though that has passed, they may be trying to figure out what is going on. Lord knows there are a lot of people saying they have the same problem. 
Photo of luvtodrum

luvtodrum

• 37 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes

Mine has been going down for the past week and mostly in the mornings !!! I guess I am going to have to call but of course it is always my fault on my end they say.

Straightens out as the day goes on !!! I have rebooted numerous times in the mornings over this..

Very frustrating !!! I think it is on their end. The skies are clear and no obstacles at all !!!

(Edited)
Photo of luvtodrum

luvtodrum

• 37 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I am right on the Tn / VA line but on the Tn. Side
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
They must have moved us off kilter in this area. 
Photo of Susan Kornblut

Susan Kornblut

• 46 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Mine has gone down the last two mornings I am in SC .
Photo of luvtodrum

luvtodrum

• 37 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes

Mine has gone out every morning for the past 2 weeks !! Later on in the day it is fine !!! That is not an alignment problem if that is the case.

I think they owe us either credit or add gigs for their evidently poor tech service or equipment....

Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
It would be nice to be compensated for the inconvenience but more than anything I want it working. Just hoping they find the issue and fix it. 
(Edited)
Photo of PlugNickel

PlugNickel

• 6 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
You are all not alone. I'm on beam 358 in Colorado and along with page loading stalling, my router has reported Exede going down and then back up about 30 times a day starting at about 2am until about 2pm for the last week or two.
All my stats on my modem are fine and myeSVT reports nothing other than "congestion" in my area.
I called tech support and they claimed to know nothing about the problem but suggested I spend 150 bucks to have a service tech come and look at my setup...
Photo of luvtodrum

luvtodrum

• 37 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes

Of course !!! That is the only answer you will get from them...Always the customer`s fault !!! Customer set-up or a problem on THEIR end only !! Never anything on Excede end !!! I have been so fed up with their service for a while and it has only gotten worse !!

Photo of Myrt Dunbar

Myrt Dunbar

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I too have had nothing but outages for a week...I gave exede my disgust and frustation in a survey today.  I just hope they will listen to its customers.  They keep telling me that my download was exceeded instead of addressing the problem that my internet service is dropping everytime I get something loaded. I tried to tell them that it is causing me to run over on my download quoto but they just dont want to blame it on their service that is causing.  I too am so disgusted with their service especially because we are paying dearly for it. Myrt in Texas
Photo of luvtodrum

luvtodrum

• 37 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes

HA !!! I've called Exede and now being an easycare or what ever you call it customer I was moved to the top of the list to be answered ...that`s a joke !!! 9 minutes so far and no answer !!! Higher then normal call is the answer !!! Well hire some people !!!!! Geeze !!! I just want to hear what their excuses are for all of this with me and everyone else have these problems !!! 15 minutes and still no response !!! Hanging up now !!!

Photo of luvtodrum

luvtodrum

• 37 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I am wearing the plugs out on the boxes rebooting every 20-30 minutes !!
Photo of Susan Kornblut

Susan Kornblut

• 46 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Mine went out again this morning had to reboot.Ridiculous!
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Susan, when I lose internet it comes back up by itself. I do not have to reboot. Just a FYI
Photo of luvtodrum

luvtodrum

• 37 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes

Yeah but it takes twice as long unless you do it manually !!

Photo of PlugNickel

PlugNickel

• 6 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I sure wish they'd fix this problem even if they won't admit it.
Can't even run a speed test on Exede, it just stalls.

Times like this I'm glad I kept my fixed wireless ISP.
Photo of zanne

zanne

• 209 Posts
  • 58 Reply Likes
Me too. It's gone out twice in the past hour and has gone out over 5 times in the past 12 hours. On top of that, the speeds are abysmal-- and I'm not over my limit. ESVT doesn't show any alerts of explanation for the problems. When I am connected, it keeps timing out when I try to load some webpages.
Photo of luvtodrum

luvtodrum

• 37 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes

I wonder if anybody is working there anymore !!! We have had no one to comment on this from Excede nor have I been able to get anyone to answer a call !!! Have they all quit !!!!!!!!

Photo of zanne

zanne

• 209 Posts
  • 57 Reply Likes
So, it is a known issue that people keep losing connection? I check my modem's page and I know that it is the one losing the connection and that it is not my router. It shows that the modem is not online and then I have to wait for it to log itself back in. It disconnected another 2 or 3 times after my last post.
Photo of luvtodrum

luvtodrum

• 37 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Currently ??? How about 2 weeks of it ?? Calling is out of the question..I did so an hour ago and was waiting for over 30 minutes with no one answering !!! I had other things to do ! Are you going to give credit to all these people on here that are having issues with this ??? I am not the only one and this is not a current issue !!! This is getting really old now the way this is being handled !!
(Edited)
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
I sent them another email today and told them 48 hours had passed since my post to them. They sent me another post saying they got it; :( I have a funeral to go to tomorrow but will try calling them! Mine continues to go out, too!
Photo of luvtodrum

luvtodrum

• 37 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Well I finally got thru to them just now .. She says she sees where I have been kicked off numerous times... But the next appointment for someone to come out is the 16th !!! Over a week out !!! I guess I will continue fighting this until then !! She said everything look good, alignment and all !! So I guess we will see...I know the last 2 appointments I had were no shows in the past, so I had given up on that before ...
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
That makes no sense! Look at how many people are having this problem!I guess she did not see everyone else posting? Good grief!
(Edited)
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Lindsey (employee) I sent a message to viasat 2 days ago and no one has responded. Sent it again today! This is NOT an outage. Has been going on at least 1 week and going on 2. Internet goes out for minutes then comes back on. REPEATEDLY. We are not able to do things that need to be done as we lose what we are doing when it goes out! Someone needs to address this issue for all of us!
Photo of lawow74 .

lawow74 .

• 4 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
My service keeps going down roughly every 70 minutes. I called and complained, got the usual troubleshooting runaround, went along, didn't change a thing. They credited me with a month of service, which to me is a red flag for 'we've got something messed up on our end', so make of that what you will.
Photo of luvtodrum

luvtodrum

• 37 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
A month of service ??? They gave me a lousy 20 bucks off the bill !!! Geeze !!! And still not resolved !!!
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
I just talked to someone at Viasat and they updated the system and told me if that did not take care of the issue to call back and they would send someone out. I did mention that many are having these same issues, So if you are one of them, call and report it. I did not get $20 off or a month of service. We shall see how this works. 
Photo of Colleen Carr

Colleen Carr

• 12 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I too am having this issue in Colorado. It goes out and then back on, mostly in the mornings. Very frustrating as I work from home and have already lost one part time gig due to internet. 
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Call. I am now checking to see if the updated software the man has done online is going to take care of the issue. I sure hope it does. 
Photo of luvtodrum

luvtodrum

• 37 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes

Kudos to Dianne for finally posting on another conversation about what is going on and who`s fault all of this is really !!!!

Well, mine has been up and going great for 8 hours now !! What a relief !! I don`t know why we had to beg and plea knowing it was on Exede`s end the total time !!! Why couldn`t someone had looked into this days ago when everyone started complaining ??

You know what ??? Integrity goes a long ways and this company seems to not have any at all.. If you have a problem or if something is wrong and you know it OWN UP TO IT !!!

I think they owe a ton of customers an apology and credit where credit is due !!

We suppose to feel like idiots in this society in more ways then one and that is just not right !!!

Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Luvatodrum, I did not see a recent post from Diana. What did she say?
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2236 Posts
  • 420 Reply Likes
Hi Nancy,  Our team has found a resolution to the constant rebooting issue. We are proactively correcting all affected modems in a rolling satellite beam by beam fashion. Your issue will get fixed by the end of the day. Have a great day and we appreciate your patience. This is what I posted earlier.
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Thank you. They updated my software this afternoon. Hope that fixes the problem. Told them if not I would call back. I was not offered ant compensation for the two weeks. I see others have been. Is that possible?
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2250 Posts
  • 1949 Reply Likes
Thanks Exede Diana.  Kinda thought it was a little glitch.  Satellites are pretty complex animals and we appreciate you guys doing your best to keep them running!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.