intermittent connection

• Question
  • Updated 5 days ago
Been with intermittent connection for the past two days, I have reset my modem several times, to no avail. What gives with this crappy service? I'm getting 96k baud down and 246k baud up, when working, that's almost dial up speeds. Not happy at all.
Photo of Mitch Robey

Mitch Robey

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • sad,

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2446 Posts
  • 1448 Reply Likes
Have you used all your priority data for the month?
Photo of Mitch Robey

Mitch Robey

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
What has that got to do with an intermittent connection? If I use my data, I get cut back to dial-up speeds? It is still intermittent this morning. My wife teaches class now online, it took her an hour last night to answer an email from a student. Great service, yes?
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2435 Posts
  • 1440 Reply Likes
A lot.  Your speed could be throttled so low that it causes timeouts with some sites.

The service does basically become useless.

Satellite internet should be the internet of last resort.  If you have an alternate source of internet, you should use that versus satellite. 
Photo of Mitch Robey

Mitch Robey

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
They told me my dish was out of alignment, 95 bucks to realign. Same speeds, shocking.....last resort is true.
Photo of Mitch Robey

Mitch Robey

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
LATENCY TEST ERRORCould not connect to the test server. A firewall could be blocking the connection or the server might be having some issues. Please try again later.

Alternatively, check out our free Speedtest for Desktop apps for more reliable testing.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 776 Posts
  • 773 Reply Likes
General consensus around here is that testmy.net is more reliable for satellite internet. Their TCP latency test will also give you a more realistic measure of latency that that of simple ping tests.
(Edited)