Installer told us we should be able to get Gold 50 unlimited plan. Why is it NOT offered in my area 75092

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
Had service for 1 night watched a Roku movie & the thing went on the Blitz ,was a week to the day had service restored, was told I had already used ALL my data ????
Photo of JWillard

JWillard

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2779 Posts
  • 1750 Reply Likes
What plan are you actually on?

A warning about using ROKU, make sure when you are finished watching a program or movie with your ROKU to hit "Home", or it will continue to steam whatever channel you were watching even though you have turned off your TV or have switched your TV to another source. ROKU can consume 2 to 4 GB  per hour depending on what it is streaming.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2185 Posts
  • 1091 Reply Likes
That's what happens when you use all of your data. What seems to be the complaint?
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3359 Posts
  • 1929 Reply Likes
But it is "unlimited" data. How can you use it all up :).
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329)

Old Labs (VS1-329)

• 3801 Posts
  • 3843 Reply Likes
Only Liberty Plans are currently offered in that particular Zip Code to new customers - apparently no Viasat-2 coverage. Gold 50 would be limited to areas covered by Viasat-2. To repeat Steve's question, what plan are you actually on?

Gotta love titles that ask a question and then the content of the post is unrelated to that question or implying a totally different question - it keeps things interesting ;)
(Edited)
Photo of Harvey Mueller

Harvey Mueller

• 52 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Exactly.  There are at least 4 separate issues in this one post.  
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2779 Posts
  • 1750 Reply Likes
Yes indeed, I can see another weekend coming very shortly.
Photo of Jim

Jim

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
You will find yourself regretting your association with viaset for the rest of your life. They are anything but customer oriented and theives as obvious as our gov't. Pay the $15/month early out and count your blessings as you beat their dish with a sledgehammer.
Photo of James Besser

James Besser

• 81 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
our use it as a bird bath
Photo of Ronald Stricklin

Ronald Stricklin

• 244 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
Your installer/tech support/etc lied. Viasat will take no ownership of this. It's not shocking that they won't admit fault but the fact that they will not do anything to prevent these issues in the future is a major problem.
Photo of privatejordy

privatejordy

• 113 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
1st off I'll say this, my installer was a cornucopia of incorrect information. He was very nice and he did a great install, but he was wrong about plans, very wrong. Installers do receive periodic newsletters, however they're more like subcontractors than company reps.

Roku, I own 4, and I always set up and update my Roku TVs during the free zone, and because that's when I usually watch things on Hulu, I always set the sleep timer because that streaming platform will continue going from episode to episode. Last month I used nearly 5 gigs of data because I fell asleep without setting the sleep timer, and that was not Viasat's fault.

When you turn on a Roku it connects to the Internet, if you've set it up, and it's going to use a little data regardless of what source you use, but you can manage your consumption.