Incorrect information on cancellation from a exede representitive

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem acknowledged. Email provided for assistance. No need of further response at current time.

I called exede to cancel my internet, the operator advised me to wait until the next billing cycle to save $15 dollars cancellation fee for that month. I asked if the payment would be refunded and he said yes and was very specific saying I would only get charged $3 per day. When I called back after the new billing cycle started and cancelled my internet, I asked about the refund and was told the information was incorrect and there is a no refund policy. i was told that they could see that i had been advised to hold off cancelling, so i asked to put in a complaint, the lady i was talking to said i could but it would do no good. I then asked to put in a formal complaint on the operator who advised me, i was put on hold for 20 min and eventually it just disconnected. To add insult to injury I called back customer service and found out that my account had not even been cancelled. So I went through the process again then put in 2 complaints. Again was told i probably would not get a refund. At what point does a company take responsibility for its representatives actions when they are working and not just say tough luck to there customers. Not very good customer service.
Photo of Provan Crump

Provan Crump

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Lake Country Satellite

Lake Country Satellite

• 140 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
Hear you loud and clear!  You should NOT have had to go through all that, and I am sorry for this.  As an Elite Exede Dealer on the Dealer Advisory Council, I am working really hard to help eliminate stuff like you experienced.  Please send me a private email with the contact information on your account and the approximate times of your calls and I will have someone look into this for you and resolve this to your satisfaction.  I am hearing way to many stories like yours and we need to fix this problem of agents blowing off our customers.  Again, I am truly sorry, this is NOT the image that Exede wants to put forth and NOT the norm.

david@lakecountrysat.com

David R Varner is an Elite Dealer for Exede High Speed Satellite Internet and is also a member of the Dealer Advisory Council to ViaSat.  www.lakecountrysat.com

Photo of ExedeCrystal

ExedeCrystal

• 196 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Provan Crump,

I am very sorry about the misinformation you received from the customer service rep. Please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your account information. I would like to review the notes on your account as well as see what's going on with the refund. Thank you.

ExedeCrystal
Photo of Rebecca Payne

Rebecca Payne

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Well well the same thing about it happened to me     I called and was disconnected and quess what they took money out of my account  and I called and asked why and they said I was never disconnected       and I could be disconnected today with no refund of the money they took   Well Well I see others have this problem and I am going to copy and paste these and send them to the better business bureau  and other places  They are a bunch crooks stealing our money   
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Rebecca,
We definitely would never steal anything from our customers and I'd hate for you to feel that way. /: Why don't you send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com and I'll see what I can do for you in this situation. Look forward to chatting with you..Exede Kimberly

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.