In Motion Dish for RV?

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
I've been looking around and can't find any current information on a dish compatible with Viasat for in motion use.  Anyone have experience using a Winegard dish or something similar to get in motion internet?
Photo of andrew

andrew

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3057 Posts
  • 1276 Reply Likes
Viasat does not offer service for RVers, you would need a Viasat TRIA and, those are only available by leasing them from Viasat. Accounts are built per beam, meaning your account is locked to get service on only one beam or, in other words, in one location. Mobile service is not possible for residential use.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2988 Posts
  • 1041 Reply Likes
We've certainly had a growing interest in servicing RVs but unfortunately at this time we're only installing at permanent residential locations
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3056 Posts
  • 1274 Reply Likes
Well, if you ever get a residential mobile system, I have a semi truck driver that would happily put ti to the test. Cellular service just doesn't work everywhere that truck goes and setting up a DTV dish every time he stops is a pain in the rump.

I can see Truck drivers and, trucking companies loving it, internet, including streaming for drivers and full electronic communication, GPS and, truck and data tracking for companies. It could be made to report location, speed the truck is moving, fuel economy, hours of service and, more. Could even provide reliable VOIP service for when a driver is in a no cell service location - it happens a lot. E-logs and all could be handled on a Viasat system.