Update: Important notice about Exede.net and wildblue.net email

• Announcement
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: migration completed

Because Google is discontinuing its support of Gmail and other Google service for internet service providers, we will be migrating all exede.net and wildblue.net email accounts to a new service this summer. Your login and password information will remain the same, and your mail, calendar and contact information will all change over automatically. However, if you have used other Google service such as Google Drive, Google Play, Photos or others, you will need to use the Google Takeout service to export any of that content prior to this migration.

If you're using wildblue.net, migration will begin Aug. 3. Exede.net email accounts will switch over later in August.

Learn more about the email changes.

Photo of Alex

Alex, Viasat Corporate Communications

• 675 Posts
  • 305 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of DAVE  W4DRA

DAVE W4DRA

• 150 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
I do not think this will affect me at all. I have been with you for over 2 years and never did quite get e-mail set up with you. I am using windows live mail program. I guess it took the place of Outlook Express a few years back. Anyway I hope this transition goes well for both Company and Clients..
Good Luck guys
Dave
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1463 Reply Likes
I've tried to use Google Takeout but, it just keeps telling me to log in right before downloading the archive, then it loads my Emai and, I do not get to download the archive. I have chosen "keep me logged in and left the email screen open, it does no good. How do I get my stuff out of Google so I can preserve my YouTube Account?
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Bev,

It can take several minutes to several hours to create the archive for download. You should receive an email and link for the download when it's ready as I recall. Not sure whether you need to specify that on creating since it's been awhile, but perhaps someone more current in its use can clarify and hopefully that's what you're referring to.
(Edited)
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1463 Reply Likes
I got the link but, clicking download on the page that sends me to causes Google to request my password again and, then it goes to the WildBlue log in screen where I have to log in again, then loads my email on that tab so that I end up with my email on two tabs and, no download.

The process is endless, I clicked "DOWNLOAD" from the email link 12 times and got 12 copies of my email open and no download.
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Bev,

Sounds like there are some single sign-on and redirection issues going on here when opening in a new tab. Rather than clicking on the Download link you might want to try right clicking, copying the link address and pasting it directly into the browser address bar from the  current tab where you're already signed in avoiding any need for redirection - it may be enough of a work around to bypass that issue. Hope it works!    
(Edited)
Photo of jimLE

jimLE

• 25 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
im wondering.will wildblue have it's own home page when this is done?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.