If Exede really listens, then listen here!

• Idea
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Thread has gone on for too long on too many different topics to be useful

Please, all Customers really unhappy with this ISP post here what they could do to make you happy! I usually rant'n rave if i'm pissed off, but i think we can help each other be figuring out how to make it better for us customer!
I'll put an idea down and i want exede to tell me wether it is achievable or not, if not, why??
Load 'em up guys!!
Photo of Achim Enssle

Achim Enssle

• 65 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
  • unsure

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Achim Enssle

Achim Enssle

• 65 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
my first idea is: exede always claims "give me a number to reach you,i look into this, i help you...and so on. But i think they know they cant and they don't want to!
I you really wanna be a good boy in this Business, change your Policies!
1. the customer has 3 month to decide if this Service is what he wants or needs!
2. more data should be cheaper, not higher as the initial amount would cost.
3. Upload is not really the issue, so don't count it against our monthly allowance!

thank you
Photo of Amanda Chaffins

Amanda Chaffins

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I would like to see better customer service. I have contatced them by phone and email and keep getting the runaround. I am about to cancel my service termination fee or not. I would gladly pay to swithc to a company that you can get technical support 24 hours a day. Trying to get my voice set up has been rediculous. I have never seen such poor customer care.
Photo of Angela Brosius Sandusky

Angela Brosius Sandusky

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have to agree with you. We just got exceed last weekend and we are out of 10 g already I will have to buy more to get through the holidays . 90% of our usage is browsing . Remember to shut the browser down. I had no idea of this problem I would like to see more information given to the customer up front especially those switching internet company's.  I may not have switched if I had known it was going to be this expensive. I was only paying 64.99 for unlimited. As far as customer service They did give me a one time offer to return 5 g to me. I also hate the fact that the usage you pay for wont roll over/ If I pay for it I should get it . 
Photo of Ronda Olsen

Ronda Olsen

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i  have  had  this   for  4 days  n  still n internet  n its  costing me  business
Photo of Ronda Olsen

Ronda Olsen

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
next  step is a lawyer  for  false advertising  n loss of  income  , and a potential hosp  visit
Photo of Ronda Olsen

Ronda Olsen

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
n i  just  found  my  profile ,  i just  got  the  service  on feb 13th  2014.....profile  says Joined August 21, 2011
Photo of Exede Josh

Exede Josh

• 235 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Ronda, what seems to be the issue?  Please email me your telephone number and the best time to call to exedelistens@viasat.com.  Thanks!
Photo of Exede Elizabeth

Exede Elizabeth

• 212 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Achim!

Right now, the policies reflect what is necessary to sustain and grow a satellite internet company.

We will always work with you to make sure the service is performing as it should and will do everything to hold up our end of the service agreement. The policies in that agreement are not able to be changed at this point.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns regarding your account and we will do our best to help! Just fill out the "contact" form at http://help.exede.net.

Take care :)
Photo of Achim Enssle

Achim Enssle

• 65 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
weird, typical reply ,none of the actual questions got answered!
Photo of Alex

Alex, Viasat Corporate Communications

• 675 Posts
  • 305 Reply Likes
Achim, I don't see any questions but, rather, points you'd like to make, which is great. As to your first point about a trial period:

The installation of our equipment has to be done by a professional installer, who is qualified to position the dish and configure the system correctly. The
installer will also run the cable from the dish through a wall or floor to
where the customer needs is in the house, which needs to be done properly and
takes time. Additionally, the system requires the installation of expensive
equipment such as the modem, the dish and mounting hardware. Removing this
equipment after a trial period would also incur more labor expenses.

We encourage folks who want to try our service before buying to find a local Exede dealer. Typically, these dealers have a showroom with a demo setup so you can try the service first-hand. Often, you can even bring in your own laptop, tablet
or smartphone so you can try it out on your own equipment.

We also suggest people considering the service watch our brief 3-minute YouTube video, showing a demo of what’s it like to use our service.  This video shows actual screen captures of our service in action, both surfing the web and watching a high-def YouTube video. 

Here is the link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7dxqityPGI

Photo of barg_

barg_

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
"As to your first point about a trial period"
The major satellite competition to Viasat has a 30 day trial period I believe, same install procedure. The major "V" wireless carrier has a 4G home internet setup that requires installation of a roof antenna, inside modem, cabling, has a 14 day trial period, you pay a small fee if you cancel.

You can justify why you don't have one, that's fine. But your competition does. To someone that just looks at your service and notices that, it looks like your competition is more concerned that the customer is satisfied with the product, and that Viasat is more concerned about locking people in.

Try it out in a showroom? 60 mile round trip for me to town, and the installer doesn't have an installed system there, because Exede service is closed, they didn't have one before it was closed though either. A neighbor is a better choice, if someone knows somebody. In either of those cases, is it possible to do everything a normal person does at home, during primetime, weekends, downloads, email, VPN, gaming, etc. to really see if the connection works? That would be a no, so there is often no way for a customer, before signing up, to get a clear picture of the service in their area.

The youtube may show how service is, in one location that is probably not congested. Every spotbeam is isolated, some are Exede12, some Exede5, and several are closed. They all perform differently, some, especially Exede5 in about half the country, do not perform nearly as well. So looking at performance in one area is completely useless when judging another area.
Photo of Achim Enssle

Achim Enssle

• 65 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
very well politely written... thank you, i hope more people voice their opinions!
Photo of dave v

dave v

• 20 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
it a farce speed and conn ectivity issues always happen, but you don't show that.
Photo of Ronda Olsen

Ronda Olsen

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
we  cant  watch YouTube , remember
Photo of Alex

Alex, Viasat Corporate Communications

• 675 Posts
  • 305 Reply Likes
Achim, on your second point, that $9.99/GB is too high, I will pass that along to the management team as a customer suggestion. On your point about uploads, it's true that upload data is generally a lower figure than downloads for most of our customers, but in terms of the satellite and network capacity, it's all one. In other words, both upload and download data have to travel back and forth over the same pipe, so in aggregate it makes sense to combine the data usage. I know that may not be what you wanted to hear but that's the reality.
Photo of Achim Enssle

Achim Enssle

• 65 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
a lil' addon, i came to exede being without internet, had a flier in the Mailbox and like you, either call and believe, or drive to town to the nearest Mc Donalds which has free WIFI and search on the Phone about the Company! Well i chose to Call!
And thats when the lying began! Maybe i had just a bad REP. i don't know.
BTW i tried yesterday on their Website the Data Calculator! i was really honest, i put in a lil' more than i do and the result came in with 9.6gig! Well, i'm over 10gigs in less than 14 days so something is definitely wrong!
Now they tell you ways to conserve some data by doin' this and doin' that, this was not part of the deal when i signed up!
Also started taking online Classes ...well that didn't work out, after a couple of days i was slowed down and was forced to drive to town and take my Class at Mickey D's! Well done EXEDE!! i was embarrassed!
But don't worry , i hold out the last nine month and i'm outta here, but not for good!
Photo of Exede Elizabeth

Exede Elizabeth

• 212 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hey Achim,
I sent you an e-mail at the e-mail address listed on your profile here. Could you let me know if you receive it?

Thank you and take care :)
Photo of Achim Enssle

Achim Enssle

• 65 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
been slowed down to a crawl again....it's so sickening! Again got 70% warning 3 days ago so used 7 gigs in 14 days! which means ca. 500megs a day , now i'm at 100% 3 days later and it always craps the whole connection, nothing works for a while, hope those last 6 month go by quick! can't wait to go back to 3mbits at 40ms ping!!!!!!!

Photo of Ronda Olsen

Ronda Olsen

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well i chose to Call!
And thats when the lying began! Maybe i had just a bad REP. i don't know. guess  they're  trained  to ?

(Edited)
Photo of TrealTrice

TrealTrice

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ronda you said the same exact thing as Achim... wierd.
Photo of Achim Enssle

Achim Enssle

• 65 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
I think she copied it and added some..
Photo of Jim

Jim

• 542 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Not being a marketing expert, I have to assume that Exede is doing what they have to do to remain competitive and make a profit for their shareholders. But I know as a dealer that the "no trial period" has cost me several sales. I would be willing to take some responsibility for qualifying my customers and sharing some of the costs of churn if Exede would implement some sort of trial period. Maybe this would also put some pressure on sales people to be more forthcoming with disclosures if they had to share the cost of churn. Dish Network dealers will lose money when a customer cancels early no matter whose fault it is.So, to be fair, the cost of churn should be shared by the customer, the sales people, and Exede. Whenever poor service is the result of an incompetent or lazy installer, the installer should take the hit.
Photo of Achim Enssle

Achim Enssle

• 65 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
this time i agree!
And i didn't say i wouldn't share some costs!
How 'bout that, 3 month trial you wanna go out , with not being Exede's fault ,cost you $100.
I think that would be fair!
Photo of Jim

Jim

• 542 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
I read once that it cost Dish Network about $700 to acquire one customer. This would include marketing, commissions, installation, etc. I'm sure Exede's marketing people have a pretty good idea what their customer acquisition cost is and I would imagine it is in the same neighborhood. If it cost the customer nothing to go for a test drive, he would have little if any incentive to do his homework first and many would be jumping in without a clue as to what they are getting. The churn would be extremely high and the only way Exede could make up for it would be to charge more to the customers who stay with them. The answer to this dilemma is not as simple as we would like for it to be.
Photo of Achim Enssle

Achim Enssle

• 65 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
the answer is simple, within the next Decade Satellite internet as well as Satellite Tv most likely will die because of Fiber optic distribution. My thought right now is, in the spring of 2014 i put an Antenna for the local chanels up the buy me a Roku or AppleTV go back to LOcal DSL and ditch both Dish and Exede .

Photo of Chris Milton

Chris Milton

• 21 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
I doubt we will see country-wide fiber roll out in our lifetime. I wish something would happen soon so that telco's would be more competitive and expand their service areas so we could make satellite internet obsolete. 
Photo of Achim Enssle

Achim Enssle

• 65 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
lol...don't get me started on Satellite TV, thats rip off #1 .
In all Europe, were i lived for 40 years Satellite TV is absolutely free, except payTV shows or channels like here. The whole program is paid by commercials, and believe me they don't have more of them (almost impossible). As i came here i've learned you have to shed out $100 for about 20 channels you actually watch i almost lost it! The first year i had DirecTV and counted them Movie" Independence Day" ran exactly 132 times in one year...thats some variety!!! 120 channels that noone in our household watches, gosh...that needs to stop!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.