If you do not feel sorry for your money and nerves ...

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Acknowledged
It’s better to use a mobile phone than Viasat. I look forward to satellite Internet from Elon Musk, who promised that in 2020 we will get faster and cheaper Internet than what we have now. 
Photo of Vadim Chvertko

Vadim Chvertko

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2455 Posts
  • 1503 Reply Likes
I wouldn't count on it being available to anyone in North America in 2020.  
Photo of Vadim Chvertko

Vadim Chvertko

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
We will see. But there is no longer any strength to endure these crooks. I pay $ 200 a month for Viasat, and I have a speed of 5-7 Mbps every other day. I pray to God that the promises of Elon come true as soon as possible. Paying $ 350 to terminate the contract with Viasat will be my most pleasant loss of money.
(Edited)
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 700 Posts
  • 297 Reply Likes
Regardless of what is advertised, 5-7 Mbps is actually decent for satellite internet. If I got those speeds I would still be a Viasat customer.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2168 Posts
  • 1266 Reply Likes
Thet would be 10 to 20 times faster than what I was getting before moving on!

Some people don't realize how good they have it!
(Edited)
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 700 Posts
  • 297 Reply Likes
Same here, even without going over priority data my speeds usually ranged from dial-up to DSL, when it first came out.
Photo of Charles Jacobina

Charles Jacobina

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
 Yeah I used my 100 after two weeks and know I’m lucky to get 240 kbps. Ready to jump ship
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 700 Posts
  • 298 Reply Likes
Burning up 100 GB after two weeks is in on you, not Viasat. You obviously had unrealistic expectations. For the record I had poor service and rarely stick up for them.