Steve avendano

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Andy Schack

Andy Schack, Champion

• 461 Posts
  • 335 Reply Likes
Your speeds will slow down to the point to where you won't be able to pull google...I'm NOT kidding. I had a customer just the other day who had gone over and my speed app had them at a blazing .11mbps. Please notice that there is a big dot right before the 11

Andy
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3000 Posts
  • 1246 Reply Likes
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2882 Posts
  • 962 Reply Likes
Just validating the other 2 replies. Once you go over you are hit with a restriction. You can purchase more data at that point at 9.99/GB but that can add up. 
Photo of Steve Clemens

Steve Clemens

• 23 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
there is an option now to "double your GB on any plan" for $10.00 per month. Unfortunately, once your exceed the 150GB there is no "slowing" but rather a total block, cannot receive/send emails, cannot use the Facebook chat feature, and as I have a VoIP phone, there is so much static you can't even call for assistance. Forget about trying to change your plan.
Photo of Steve Clemens

Steve Clemens

• 23 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I might add, I have Exede internet only, 150GB, I use 2 Roku TV's, 1 during the day, 1 at night... I generally stream CNN/MSNBC, no HD movies. I reached the 150GB max...in SEVEN DAYS!
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3000 Posts
  • 1246 Reply Likes
Steve that would be about 22 hours per day of HD video, be that TV or Movies, it doesn't matter HD is HD and, that's about 1 GB per hour. Yes, speeds are drastically slowed once you use 150 GB in a month, that is a lot of data. Please take steps to reduce that, as I have linked below.

http://help.exede.net/articles/General/Maximize-Your-Data