A data parable

• Idea
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Idea acknowledged. No need of further response at current time.

I went to the store last week to purchase a half gallon of milk. The clerk assured me that the half gallon size is the most popular one, the majority of his customers purchase it. I was shocked to find out that I drank all my milk before the expatiation date! I rushed back to the store, demanding more milk for free! After all, I paid good money for this milk, and was assured it would be enough. The clerk looked at me, and replied, well, that is why we sell gallon jugs of milk as well. That's not the point I screamed! I DESERVE to get all the milk I want! I need to speak to your supervisor. The supervisor told me the same thing, if I want my milk to last until the expiration date, I need to drink it more slowly. How rude! I am going to file a report with the American Dairy Council and write my congressman!
Photo of Starring Matter

Starring Matter

• 290 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of ExedeSherry

ExedeSherry

• 85 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Interesting concept, Starring Matter.... =) Although I do detect a *hint* of sarcasm, I think that you have made a very relatable comparison. We appreciate anything that helps.
Photo of ExedeCrystal

ExedeCrystal

• 196 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Hi Starring Matter,
Very interesting and funny. Thanks for sharing.
ExedeCrystal.
Photo of Chris Milton

Chris Milton

• 21 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
What about this parable? 

I went to the store to buy a gallon of milk. The clerk assured me that this gallon would be plenty and meet the needs of my family. The next day I went for a glass of milk and noticed that half the milk was already gone despite no one else drinking any milk. I come to find out there was a tiny hole in the jug that was a manufacturing defect and all of our milk had drained out. I went back to the store to see if I could exchange it due to the defect and the clerk told me they couldn't help me at all. They told me I knew what I was getting when I bought the milk. I guess the lesson was I should be more careful who I buy milk from in the future. 
(Edited)
Photo of ExedeCrystal

ExedeCrystal

• 196 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Hi Chris Milton,

Its a different perspective and I'm sure some will relate to this parable as well. Thanks for posting. ExedeCrystal
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.