Hit data allowance quickly

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem acknowledged. Email provided for assistance. No need of further response at current time.

I have had this intranet service for one week. The last four days I have been unable to access video such as you tube and Netflix. Again I have only been with this company a week.. work five days a week and have not so far been able to watch Netflix. I find it hard to believe I have used all my data in this short period of time.  If I have, then this isn't the service for me and my family. I am in graduate school and have to be online for lecture several times a week which I restart class soon. When I called the support line I was told I have used all my data and the intranet service is slow/limited because of that. Unbelievable! Not to mention I have been trying to create my account to see my data usage and they had my email address wrong. The IT tech created my password for me thinking maybe it was my browser and it was taking to long to log in for me.. had me change my cookies etc.. all the time it was my email was incorrect. So I called them back to verify my email and indeed it was wrong. The whole time I spent trying to create my password for my account I was charged for I am sure. Which since I am over my limit will cost me I am sure. If I cannot take my classes without maxing my account this is not the service for me. I know that will be the case because I have already supposedly maxed out and haven't even been online for class yet. I mentioned this to the tech I spoke with and told him I am going to have to find another service.. he then stated "remember you have a 24 month contract with us".. excuse me? Me nor my husband knew anything about a contract. The second IT tech I spoke with informed me that this is part of the deal? I certainly wasn't enlightened to that part of the "deal". The guy that hooked our service up only stated we were signing for the installation of the service he did not discuss any 24 month contract and did not leave a copy with us either. I am at a loss of what to do... I am not used to being limited to intranet service.. my old services was unlimited and my right to surf the net was never a issue. None of this was explained fully ... How can I be bound by a contract that I was never explained and if I am bound by a 24 month contract how is exede going to provide a service to me worthy of my money. Especially if I cannot use it and have to find something additional. I am going to have to rely on my Verizon service to run my phone off of and hope I don't use all my data with them or that will be a double whammy! What a mess... disgusted!!! PS.. the only reason I switched services is because we just moved into this place and it was recommended by the person that lived here before. I have never had a LIMITED plan that LIMITS my day to day service!
Photo of KimD

KimD

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of KimD

KimD

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
PS I was "required to select the type of service I have through exede" during this post.. I don't know if it is classic, voice, air or wildblue.. My fault maybe, but a shame that wasn't even explained either by anyone!
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1463 Reply Likes
Well I doubt it's air and, since it's internet it is not voice (that is telephone) so either Wildblue, Classic or Evolution. If you have a grey modem it's probably Wildblue, if it's black it's Excede either classic or evolution. How many GB your service plan includes will tell you that.
Photo of ExedeKarmin

ExedeKarmin

• 384 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
KimD,

I will be more than happy to go over your account details with you.  We can go over ways to maximize your data. I can help you get access to your online account if you have not done so.  I'm available to go over any other questions or concerns you may have.  Please send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your telephone number and the best time to call.  Thanks.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.