We love the Freedom Plan

• Praise
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • (Edited)
We were always running out mid way through the month. Now we have 150GB. Just checked usage with 18 days to go have only used 15.6GB. Glad we upgraded...We also have Exede Voice - it was terrible at first but they have also upgraded it. Home phone $29.95 a month unlimited calling. Exede has made great changes.
Photo of Kim Javaux-Saunders

Kim Javaux-Saunders

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Elaine Fields

Elaine Fields

• 18 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
They said the Freedom plan was coming this way.... NOT YET!  When?
Photo of Elaine Fields

Elaine Fields

• 18 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I live in Childersburg, Alabama
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2697 Posts
  • 852 Reply Likes
Freedom is in some areas and is offered in less busy beams. My advice is to periodically check exede.com and type in your zipcode to see if it is being offered. I know closer to the launch of ViaSat 2 we'll probably see it in more places
Photo of Rhett Lucas

Rhett Lucas

• 10 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Happy for you Kim! Does anyone know where Exede will be offering the Freedom Plan in the near future? I live Northwest of Tulsa.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2697 Posts
  • 852 Reply Likes
Hi Rhett, It's in SOME areas but it's 100% determined by which beam you're on (some beams are too filled to capacity and aren't able to support Freedom plans). If you periodically check exede.com and apply your zip code it should show what's currently in your area. 
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3002 Posts
  • 2938 Reply Likes
Nobody knows, right now it appears ViaSat is attempting to monetize any excess existing bandwidth on a per beam basis as we all await the next satellite launch next year.

As a result the Freedom plans appear to sporadically popup based on a beam's current capacity which can change with due to subscriber attrition. Kim appears to have gotten lucky - so it pays to check every now and then from your account page to see what's currently available.       

Photo of James Billinger

James Billinger

• 145 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Hey I live in wagoner oklahoma and I just got the freedom plan available and upgrade to it
Photo of zanne

• 194 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
Man, I just checked and it is available in my area but it is $99.99 a month and that doesn't include the equipment lease fee-- and where I live the lease fee is taxed. Technically they aren't supposed to tax internet here, but they got around it by calling it something else. I'd love to get it, but it's a bit too pricey.
Photo of SonyaA

• 169 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
woo hoo just signed up for freedom plan I was on the 25gb usually used most of it and it was  with LNFZ which very seldom got used but was paying $129 now I signed up for the freedom plan with the higher 25 speed (going to have to wait for new modem) and its only $109 ...I lose my LNFZ but get 125gb extra anytime data and pay $20 less a month so had to jump on it
Photo of Susan Kornblut

Susan Kornblut

• 38 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
I have the freedom plan with boost 25 and noticed my speed has dropped from 25 to 5 thats ridiculous I ave only used 31 percent of the 150 gb.
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 481 Posts
  • 193 Reply Likes
i to have the freedom plan also. i hardly used any of it and that was last month when i reached my data limit. while i was downloading call of duty black ops 3. then the installation stopped on me ;-; i said to myself... well 50 some gigs went down the drain for nothing... so i was sad ;-; but i HAD to stretch out the 14 some gigs for a week. it was HARD but ive managed to do it anyways :3 i to also LOVE MY FREEDOM PLAN!!! :D :3 :)