I would like Exede to call me

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
no way to contact you...good way to rip customers off..bill doubled last two months, and site won,t let me in..and I ready to change providers
Photo of Randa Wilson

Randa Wilson

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated and broke

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2465 Posts
  • 1509 Reply Likes
By posting your phone number on a public forum, you will likely get lots of phone calls, scammers love this kind of information.

You should call Exede Billing at 1-866.945.3258

For log in problems, call cistomer service at 1-855-463-9333
Photo of Nicholas Wilson

Nicholas Wilson

• 81 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
You are not writing to Exede when you post here. This is a user forum.
Photo of Starring Matter

Starring Matter

• 290 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes
Very unlikely you were double billed.  I'd guess one of three things happened:

1) Your payment bounced, and you waited two weeks for your service to be suspended before you called in and made the payment.  Since you were making your past due payment, and didn't change your due date, your next payment came due on time, and you got billed for that.  Yes, two payments in a short time, but, because you failed to make your first payment on time.  Not exede's fault.

2)  You upgraded your package to a higher priced one, and when the person on the other end of the phone told you that your next bill would be pro-rated, you didn't understand what that meant, so you ended up with a much larger next bill than you expected.  Not a double bill, but, a prorated one. And, if that prorated bill bounced because you weren't expecting it to be so high. . . see #1.

3) All exede customer's are set up on automatic payments.  You did not recall this part of the conversation with your sales person, and chose to make a manual payment on/around the same day as your due date.  The automated payment came out, as well as the manual payment you made.  Double billed,yes, but, again, not exede's fault.

As always, Steve is the voice of reason (if he has my sarcastic streak, he holds it back much better than I do), call the numbers above, and get it resolved.

And, with everyone, if you can change providers, do it.  Satellite is for people with no other viable options, if you have other options, you shouldn't be on exede in the first place.  If you don't, then your only other option may be HughesNet, which, from every possible indication, is far worse in most ways, or, you go without internet.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2083 Posts
  • 348 Reply Likes
Hi Randa, I apologize if you were not able to access your account. Steve is correct. If you contact customer service, they can assist you. I will call you today.

I have reviewed your account. I see an upgrade, which is why your bill in different. I will be in touch soon. Your phone  number has been deleted since this is a public forum.