I wonder if anyone else has had a first days experience with ViaSat as I have had. Complete lack of support and ability to reach anyone to talkto is void,

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • (Edited)
Photo of CHEFGUY

CHEFGUY

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 844 Posts
  • 423 Reply Likes
No one can help you unless you provide some background.
Photo of CHEFGUY

CHEFGUY

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I started by loading the ViaSat app on Saturday and registered and set up my user name and noticed that my billing date was going to be on the first of each month and as I receive my only income on the 3d of the month I needed it changed to the 3rd or after. After doing support chat I typed my problem and request and sent it and got an immediate "Something's wrong try again later".  Well I waited 2 hours and did the same thing again, so one last time, 3 hours later to no avail.  I tried reaching support,or to try tomorrow,
I waited until the technician came about 9:00am Monday,  He did good until he supposedly was going to get my internet up and running and after about 10 minutes he said you must have set your own username and password.  I said I did, yesterday.  He said try it. I did,  No worky.  He fiddled around a bit and said "your just going to have to go to your account and get it going, there's nothing I can do,  I said, you're kidding me, why cant you contact tech support and work this out.  He said he couldn't I would have to, packed up his mess and hauled butt outta there. I was dumbfounded and furious.
For the next 3 1/2 hours I sat and tried contacting tech support receiving the same damn message  -  We cannot take call, we're very busy. You need to call back later or even tomorrow.  Better yet contact us on our website and they will take care of any needs.  OH YEAH?  How in the ---- am I supposed to do that with no internet access?  I went through the same maddening routine trying to get a human to talk to.  I eventually went to my cousins home and used his internet got to the website, but still met wait times, after and hour or so I finally received a phone call from a wonderful lady who actually helped me out and actually gave me the "ViaSatListens.com website. That's why I'm here.  I'm also not to happy having 480p tv resolution.  I admit I didn't do my homework.. I wish I had stuck with HughesNet Gen 5... they were much easier to deal with and have a much better product.  I think I'm going to have this junk snatched out, for sure.  Sorry for the long winded rant, but I do feel somewhat better..

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2435 Posts
  • 1440 Reply Likes
Yea. Probably should have stayed with the devil you know.