I went to update my payment information and exede already had my new card number. Is it normal that they have that information before I do?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
My credit card was compromised and as soon as I received my new card I went to update my payment information and exede already had my new card number. Is it normal that they have that information before I do?
Photo of Desmond Sande

Desmond Sande

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Sandy MN

Sandy MN

• 52 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
That's interesting.  Do you think perhaps the card company has something in place to notify your usual bill-pays?  Please let us know when you find out!
Photo of Desmond Sande

Desmond Sande

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You hit the nail on the head.  Companies that use reoccurring payment methods subscribe to a service that alerts them when one of their clients has a lost or compromised card and provide all the credit card info before you receive your new card.
Photo of CyberGhosT

CyberGhosT

• 26 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
A viable alternative as well is that ViaSat asked to be made aware of any info. changes concerning your card. But that would be kinda creepy on their part.
Let us know what you find out.
(Edited)
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2362 Posts
  • 460 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Desmond, Thank you for the inquiry. In most cases, your card-issuing bank will
automatically update ViaSat when a card is expiring, lost or stolen.  Not all card-issuing banks automatically
provide ViaSat with this information and if any information changes with
respect to the payment method that you have on file with ViaSat, you should notify
ViaSat’s Customer Care team at 855-463-9333. Some banks may have a opt-out option.
If you have any additional questions, please send your account and contact information to exedelistens@viasat.com.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.