I was just billed $200 for a service call although I have easycare

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
I do not appreciate being billed $200 for a service call even though I have easycare, and checked that I would not be billed before requesting the service call.
Photo of steve heller

steve heller

• 84 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
  • unhappy at being charged for something i am already paying for

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Captain318

• 21 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Same thing happened to me. Took over a month to get a credit back for what they over billed me. They really don't care if you live month to month and cant afford to eat because they screw up. Best you will get is a credit on the next bill and you have to fight to get that. I called 4 times and was on hold for hours. Ridiculous!
Photo of steve heller

steve heller

• 84 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
I contacted them via chat and was met with an appropriate response by the representative. She looked up my record, apologized, and asked me if I wanted a refund or a credit toward future bills. I told her I wanted a refund. She then put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said I would get the refund in a few days and that she was very sorry this had happened.

They need to fix their accounting systems so this doesn't happen any more, but otherwise I'm okay with this, assuming I do get the refund as promised. I pay via credit card so the refund should come back before I have to pay the bill.
Photo of Bob

• 14 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
So did you get your refund?
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2083 Posts
  • 348 Reply Likes
Hi Steve, I'm glad to hear your refund is being processed. It generally takes 3-5 business days to be refunded back to your credit card. I also apologize for this billing error. Thank you for the suggestion and I will forward it to the appropriate department!
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 2623 Posts
  • 1042 Reply Likes
I agree, that billing program needs work, I had a similar fight over getting billed the 299.00 Business install fee when transitioning form Residential to Business plans. Not supposed to be charged the install since when you transition, you do the re-provisioning yourself, while on the phone with the Business department because you don't need new equipment. I got it back 3 days later, but the support people had waived and refunded it 5 times, and the computer still charged it to me and, took it from my payment method, twice over before the refund stuck in that fool billing computer's microchips.