Unhappy with cancellation process

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Not a Problem
  • (Edited)
My monthly bill payment debited my account on 1/16/2017 which was also the end of my 2 year agreement. Thinking I was doing the right thing I canceled Exede today 1/19/2017 because I was tired of the data limits. I was told that I will not be refunded any of the money for the prorated month! I used 3 days out of the current billing cycle and I will not be refunded any of the money paid for service through February! How is this right Exede? This is fraud. I want a refund for the services I will no longer be provided as of today!
Photo of Amanda Gibson

Amanda Gibson

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • Incredibly frustrated!

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Brian

Brian, Champion

• 283 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
What does your customer agreement say?
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2743 Posts
  • 1725 Reply Likes
Sorry Amanda, you won't be getting any refund for the month. Your contract plainly states that there is no refund for partial month usage when you cancel your account. It also states that you will be required to return the tria, modem and modem power supply in the box provided by Exede or you will be charged for the equipment.
Photo of Brian

Brian, Champion

• 283 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
It's really difficult to be a victim of fraud when you agreed to the terms in the first place.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3048 Posts
  • 1069 Reply Likes
Hi Amanda,

Exede will not refund for unused service. If you canceled on your billing date please email us at exedelistens@viasat.com and we'll be able to look into if this can be done for you. 
Photo of Markgc

Markgc, Champion

• 337 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
When is the best time to cancel? A week before your billing date ?
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2735 Posts
  • 1716 Reply Likes
Cancelling would best be done on the last day of your billing cycle. Cancelling must be done by calling Customer Service. It cannot be done by email or chat.
Photo of Deb

Deb

• 18 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
So when you call to cancel, do you have time to mail the equipment back or do they continue to charge you until they actually receive it?
Photo of Amanda Gibson

Amanda Gibson

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
You have 30 days to return the equipment before they charge you.
Photo of Brian

Brian, Champion

• 283 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Cancelling the service implies the user has an alternative. If I had an alternative lined up, I'd cancel Exede and suck up the prorating thing. 

But I don't have an alternative other than dial-up. So I'm not changing. That said, I'm very happy with the service I get from Exede.
Photo of Brian

Brian, Champion

• 283 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
I don't use automatic drafts. I'm charged to a credit card.

If you're using automatic bank drafts, contact your bank. When they receive a new draft, they can return it unpaid. It's kid of like issuing a stop payment on a check. You can't do this for drafts that have already posted to your account but you can do it for future drafts.
Photo of Jessica Tyler

Jessica Tyler

• 2 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I've replied to this post 3 times the first time I was emailed by exede informing me that my post had been removed because I had one profane word in my post so I posted it again changing that one word but leaving everything else just the same. After I reposted I added another post but that one was based on my phone call I had with Nadine from corporate. Both posts were deleted AGAIN but this time exede didn't send an email. Why do you keep deleting my posts Exede? I understand with the 1st post but I reposted it with no profane words in it as well as no profanity in the second post...could it be because I called your service crap and those in corporate con artists? Or was it because I reported you to the Better Business Bureau? I'm just wanting people to know the truth.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2876 Posts
  • 959 Reply Likes
Hi Jessica,

I personally removed the first post and my colleagues would have removed the others. However we do reserve the right to remove posts we feel are not contributing to the forum or that violate forum rules. This is Exede's community forum but we maintain and moderate this forum. Our guidelines can be found here and we cover why posts are removed or why users may be banned: https://community.exede.com/exede/topics/exede-and-wildblue-forum-policies-update

Keep in mind that we want this forum to serve as a self-help outlet for customers as a way to look up problems and solutions. This is a way to connect with us on general support problems. If you have a personal issue with Exede with billing, refunds, ETFs, ect you're better off emailing us at exedelistens@viasat.com  because we can look into your account, discuss matters with you privately and personally.

Thanks

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.