I upgraded to 150gb plan Boost 25 / Wifi I can't watch On demand ,Netflix. Installer says he only installs. I am in contract. What now?

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Acknowledged
I upgraded to 150gb plan Boost 25 with WiFi. Almost 6 months ago. I can't watch on demand or Netflix. My install guy says he doesn't come back for issues and I am in.a contract. What do I do?
Photo of Jackie Bryant Gray

Jackie Bryant Gray

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Angry, Abused

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3072 Posts
  • 1749 Reply Likes
Contact Viasat customer service.
Photo of Dan White

Dan White

• 84 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
I have the same plan and I can stream directv on demand and Amazon Prime as well as youtube 4k.  So I think you do have an issue and your installer guy will come back if you call Viasat and they give him a work order.
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1066 Posts
  • 344 Reply Likes
What are you trying to stream Netflix on? Might be a setting.

Freedom?
(Edited)
Photo of Jackie Bryant Gray

Jackie Bryant Gray

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks so much for your reply. I called the guy that installed it, and he said he didn't come out any more. So I need to call viasat and they'll send someone? This installer promoised the world, but turned out to be horrible.
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2681 Posts
  • 1680 Reply Likes
Jackie, you are most likely on the Freedom 150 GB plan. Have you checked your dashboard to ensure that the Video Data Extender is switched to the Off position? This was introduced three or 4 months ago and the default position was On, and you will need to make sure it is in the Off position to watch Netflix videos without buffering.

Also, if you go over your 150 GB of priority data, your internet will be severely restricted.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3072 Posts
  • 1749 Reply Likes
Yes viasat will send someone out if needed. First they will run a series of tests on your system to determine any issues.

You should run a couple speed tests and report here what you are seeing. Go to Testmy.net, do a manual download test of 10MB. Run at different intervals of the day.