I signed up for Liberty 50 which says it's $100 per month. My first bill was for $123.08

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
My first bill was $123.08. Why?
Photo of 50mary22 .

50mary22 .

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 726 Posts
  • 350 Reply Likes
well for my internet bill it was like high also. but yet you gotta understand that when you get something itll be the bill high but yet afterwards itll go down back to its original price...
Photo of Dale

Dale

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
huh?  When you buy something the bill will be high?  What does that mean and how can I get you as a customer for whatever I'm selling because all the rest of my customers would sue me if I offered something at a contract price but billed them higher.  I need a lot more customers like you.
Photo of Dale

Dale

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I'm a click away from switching to Liberty 50 but I need to see more about this billing issue.  There's not supposed to be any additional charges when switching plans.
Photo of david

david, Champion

• 525 Posts
  • 367 Reply Likes
You pay in advance. When you change something that makes your bill go up, you also pay the difference between the two amounts to catch up to the date your paid up to. 

It works the same way in reverse if your bill goes down, you get more than the difference back on the next bill. 
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2154 Posts
  • 384 Reply Likes
Hi 50mary52, Yes, your first bill is higher because you pay in advance for 1 month and the current month  from your install date.  If you would additional information, please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com or view information from our article that explains the bill;
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3323 Posts
  • 3312 Reply Likes
In addition, you need to account for the modem lease fee and any applicable local taxes.
Photo of James

James

• 329 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
so I had a question on this, why if a person gets service disconnected they don't get an extra month that was paid in advanced or the money back for that month?