I received my confirmation email for signing up with Viasat. However, the monthly service charge was not the monthly service rep quoted me

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • In Progress
I received my confirmation email for signing up with Viasat. However, the monthly service charge was not the monthly service the rep quoted me during telecom.
Photo of Guy Enjada

Guy Enjada

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Bob Lexus

Bob Lexus

• 268 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
What was the 'quoted' charge?

What does your confirmation message claim monthly charges will be?
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3443 Posts
  • 1285 Reply Likes
A lot of new installations have a 3 month promotional price and sometimes that gets mistaken for the monthly rate. 

Our welcome letter purposely does not quote that price to quell any confusion but you do get to keep your plan locked into the normal price.  All of our prices can be found at www.viasat.com/internet 
Photo of Bob Spano

Bob Spano

• 2 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
They lie about everything and will not let you out of your contract.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 877 Posts
  • 571 Reply Likes
Not unusual. Companies lure you in with a discounted price for a few months. Then you find what it really costs.

The devil is in the details as they say.
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 356 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
Did you forget about the modem lease, taxes and fees? That adds $18 a month now to the lowest service available in my area. So your $100 a month cost for the data plan gives you a $118 bill.
Photo of Ron Frank

Ron Frank

• 310 Posts
  • 201 Reply Likes
YUP they all do it!  Internet TV phone it doesnt matter, the ads and salespeople use terms like "service' and "plan" which is NOT "all inclusive" of charges and obviously not your monthly "bill."

My DirecTV for instance is the $49.99 monthly "plan" they advertise and sold me, then add a second HD box $10, the TV charge the 2nd box is hooked to $6, HD programming $10, whole home DVR service $10, etc.
Anyhow, my $49.99 "plan" costs me @ $100 a month after fees and taxes.

Deceptive, yes.  Immoral, yes, but who in the corporate world has morals?  Sadly it is not deemed "illegal."
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 876 Posts
  • 570 Reply Likes
The HD programming fee charged by Directv is a huge rip off. It is 2019 and standard def has been gone for years (unless you have a bronze or silver Viasat plan of course).
Photo of Ron Frank

Ron Frank

• 310 Posts
  • 201 Reply Likes
HUGE rip off is charging $10 a month for each additional box AND another $6 a month per each TV they are hooked to!!

That is my next cost reduction step.  The wife and I never watch different shows in different rooms so Im gonna split and run both TVs off the same box.  Thats gonna save me around $25 a month.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 876 Posts
  • 570 Reply Likes
That's what I do.  No problem at all.  You can get a couple HD repeaters and a wireless remote repeaters.  I run 3 TV's in my house.  One box.  HD to all of them. 
Photo of Ron Frank

Ron Frank

• 310 Posts
  • 201 Reply Likes
Nope bedroom is off living room.  Already have a cable running from SWM box to bedroom HD box   Just gonna move the splitter after the SWM to after the Genie and hook direct to TV in bedroom  No more box in bedroom  The new remotes are radio not infra red (line of sight) so should work just fine.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 876 Posts
  • 570 Reply Likes
That wont give you HD.
Photo of Ron Frank

Ron Frank

• 310 Posts
  • 201 Reply Likes
HUH?  Same coax cable running signal there now, will simply be coming from a different box.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 876 Posts
  • 570 Reply Likes
It will be standard def resolution if you are connecting via coax..
(Edited)