I really need to recieve contact from a supervisor regarding misinformation and $338 charge??

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • In Progress
I have dealt with horrible customer service, misinformation, only to be let go with a $338 charge even though I was told I had 30days. I have explained my situation to about 4 different representatives so far and no one seems to care.
Photo of Vonda Lanier

Vonda Lanier

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Frustrated

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of wm4bama

wm4bama, Champion

• 425 Posts
  • 273 Reply Likes
How long have you had Exede?  If you terminated your service before 3 years were up they normally charge $15 x number of months left on your 3 year contract...I've not seen any 30 day trial offers..
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2005 Posts
  • 1226 Reply Likes
Three year contract?  When did they have a three year contract?  I thought it was always a two year contract.  
Photo of wm4bama

wm4bama, Champion

• 425 Posts
  • 273 Reply Likes
Oops, Gabe..that was wrong...you're correct...a 2 year contract...$338/15 says the OP has 22 months left on a 2 year contract...did someone offer to waive that termination fee?
Photo of Vonda Lanier

Vonda Lanier

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Nope, I was just told I could cancel within 30days of installation by a representative.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1019 Posts
  • 618 Reply Likes
If true, contact Viasat and give the name of that installer.
Photo of Bob Lexus

Bob Lexus

• 297 Posts
  • 108 Reply Likes
It is not the job nor responsibility of the 'installer' to make ANY claims that are not installation related.
The installer is there strictly to properly install the equipment and introduce the customer to the features & capabilities of the service. 

It is the responsibility of the sales agent to explain all else before installer shows up.

Leave the installer out of this...
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1019 Posts
  • 618 Reply Likes
You are correct. I was thinking of a dealer/installer, not a sales agent.
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 981 Posts
  • 489 Reply Likes
Vonda, 

I have your email, and am investigating.  Expect a response from me via email later this afternoon!
Photo of Vonda Lanier

Vonda Lanier

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you very much!
Photo of Vonda Lanier

Vonda Lanier

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The installer did not give me any misinformation, he was awesome and very pleasant. It was the sales agent and customer service that has caused me issues and provided me with misinformation that was completely inaccurate.