i pay 75 for 25gb you advertise 50gb for that.

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered

Excede sucks Can you recommend a better provider

Photo of Rita Dianne Odom

Rita Dianne Odom

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 817 Posts
  • 447 Reply Likes
well... cant you just change the plan onto your account??? or if your onto the viasat-2 then you can... BUT!!! if your onto viasat-1 then... you might have to wait until viasat-2 comes to your area...

either there is an option... if ya have dsl or cable internet... then just go with that then... cause satellite internet is ONLY for those with rural places and for people who CANT get cable nor dsl internet... also... just when you DO go to a different provider... good luck of paying the early termination fee which is i hear is about... 200$-300$ then youd have to go and get the tria and stuff that is connected to your modem and also the dish too... viasat will provide a box for you to send all the stuff back... BUT!!! once that is done... then... the remaining of your contract will be about i think 15$ i think... for the remaining months into your early termination fee... so yeah hope this was helpful!!!
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2068 Posts
  • 1014 Reply Likes
People really should take the time to read. Liberty 5o is $75 for the first 3 months for new customers. After that, new customers are charged the same prices as you, $100 a month for Liberty 50 or $75 for Liberty 25. No one is cheating you.
(Edited)
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3051 Posts
  • 1273 Reply Likes
Rita, if a land based (fiber cables only, no phone, no dish needed.) is available where you live, then they would be a better option. If it is a choice of satellite or dial up, then satellite is the better option and, your choices are HugesNet or Viasat. Of the two Viasat is the better option but, that's your choice to make.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 708 Posts
  • 402 Reply Likes
Of the two Viasat is the better option but, that's your choice to make.
It's becoming harder and harder to justify that statement as of late, though it's not their fault, per se. 
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3055 Posts
  • 1740 Reply Likes

Depends what you are looking for and where you are located.  If you are in a high density spot beamed served by Viasat-2, Viasat would be a good choice.  If not and speed is what you want, Hughesnet might be a better option right now.  But if you want more priority data, Viasat offers more.

If Viasat-2 was working correctly and everybody could get at least 25Mbps, things might be different for all.  That is just not the case right now.

For me, Viasat is the best option hands down, even at 500kbps in primetime.  But that is just me.  All comes down to personal choice and what a consumer needs.