I need help with my SkyDsl inthernet

• Problem
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Solved
Hello! I am Diana, I live in Germany and 2 days ago, I ordered from SkyDsl a package for Internet with satellite dish. I ordered the ultimate package with streaming option because I use the PlayStation console, and it requires good internet speed, but it is not at all as promised. I have a value at RX SNR 14-15 db, but the download speed is very low (140 kbps) How can I increase the speed of the internet? I mention that the PlayStation is connected to the modem by cable, not by wifi.

Photo of Diana Alina Voicu

Diana Alina Voicu

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3518 Posts
  • 1320 Reply Likes
Hallo und guten Morgen Diana!

Robin is correct. This is our US-based support forum. We do have a network of support in our European locations via our partnerships established there. I unfortunately do not have access or tools to our European service otherwise I'd gladly assist. Sky DSL should be able to further assist you. It's most likely similar to what causes slow speeds on our side. If you're playing a Playstation there is a ping rate of 700ms on average which may not work for some games like first person shooters and I'm not sure of plans and limits over there but they probably have a priority data buffer like over here where if surpassing a certain amount the speeds may slow. All of this SkyDSL can help you out with as they can pull up the account and see everything.