I just noticed that they are offering new service with up to 150GB's. Has anyone gotten this service yet?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I just want to know if anyone else has gotten the new services I have just noticed? I sure could use 150 GB a month.
Photo of Katie

Katie

• 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Kathy Tracy

Kathy Tracy

• 30 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
yes i have the freedom package!! i also have home phone i pay 148 for both never had a problem 
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2244 Posts
  • 424 Reply Likes
Hi Kathy, that you for sharing! 
Photo of Wes Menzel

Wes Menzel

• 79 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Absolutely get it, if it's available in your area!
I'm having a blast trying to use up all the data before the 20th. ;)
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2260 Posts
  • 1966 Reply Likes
Yes, I have it and have never used anywhere near my limit yet.  This package should be available to even more areas when the new birds are on orbit soon.
Photo of Mandy

Mandy

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
I just signed up for this plan myself a couple weeks ago. I jumped on it as soon as I saw it available in my area. The new modem got here within just a couple days & getting it connected was really simple. Everything is working great so far. I'm also enjoying trying to use up as much of the data as I can. That's a welcomed change!
Photo of brian carter

brian carter

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This plan is not available in my area.
Photo of Katie

Katie

• 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Not at all Steve. Up until 8 years ago, we could only get dial-up so you can't believe when I took a look around as I do from time to time and there it was 150GB  for just under 100. So far I really haven't noticed a difference, but they did say it might take 24 -48 hours. Besides that, I have been living on VCR's because we can't get any channels. Being that we live in the mountains and are pretty much off of the grid even getting cable was around 100. I rather have the internet. Record what I can and not constantly not be able to even get my mail.
Photo of Katie

Katie

• 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Steve, here is the website https://my.exede.net/changeplanmoving I know the first few times I didn't see it. I got one of the two "Freedom" plans but just for internet. You should see two different plans, one has a faster download speed, but I didn't think I needed any help burning through my data.
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 2802 Posts
  • 1769 Reply Likes
Katie, you are one of the fortunate ones who lives in one of the very few undersubscribed beams. The Freedom Plan is something that most of us would love to have, but it just isn't available to me or to most of the other beams. Enjoy your Freedom Plan, it certainly is worth having.
Photo of Christine Conrad

Christine Conrad, Champion

• 263 Posts
  • 292 Reply Likes
It isn't available in my area either, beam 314. Maybe someday the internet fairy will reward me with it.
Photo of Katie

Katie

• 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I understand Christine. I had been looking for what feels like years. We went from dial-up just 7 short years ago to a whopping 10 GB's a month which we ate though within the first 2 days. Here I have these beautiful smart tvs and no streaming. Very sad since I am disabled and watching movies is my main hobby. Then the other day while browsing there it was. 150GB a month. I have been in Heaven. I''m very happy so far. Here is the link I used to find this offer:  https://my.exede.net/changeplan I have been with Excede all the way back when it was Wildblue. They have never offered this before. I pretty much live off the grid. Before we had two choices, either love where I live with limited news of the world around us or live within the loudness of city life. All I an say is that I am really happy so far.  Hopefully, they will offer this to you as well and soon. It's called the "Freedom Plan.