Slow downloads

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
I think there is a problem either with my system or the Exede  My speeds are painfully slow and a lot of pages aren't loading properly. I wanted to Download an ISO for windows 10 but it kills the speed on my other two computers so bad I quit trying. 

Here is what I got a few minutes ago.

I have plugged the modem straight into the computer and got almost the same thing. I have rebooted everything and nothing helped...
Any input on this problem ?  This is going on almost everyday.

Thanks
Dave
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 116 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Joshua

Joshua

• 208 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Hi Dave,

A few things might be going on. I'm sure you've probably checked this, but make sure that you aren't already over your data limit by logging into your account at my.exede.net.

Do you know if the time of day has affected your speeds? I know that at least on my band, during the evening from 9p - 2a things get pretty congested and slow down a bit. I would recommend doing a bandwidth test early in the morning (between 4am and 8am) and see if you are still are experiencing slow speeds.

It's also possible that something happened with the alignment of your dish and that's causing speeds to be slow. I would recommend calling Exede customer care ( the support number can be found at https://www.exede.com/contact-us-exede/ ) and they can walk you through checking the status on your modem to make sure everything is correct.

Hope that helps,

Joshua
Photo of JEP

JEP

• 986 Posts
  • 718 Reply Likes
Like Joshua suggested, try an early morning download/speed test.  Congestion may be your problem.  For me, an ISO download just after midnight will often fail, but starting one at 3am it will sail through at +16Mbps.  YMMV
Photo of Joshua

Joshua

• 208 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Also, Windows 10 can suck up a lot of unwanted bandwidth. There are some suggestions on this thread to help reduce it after you upgrade.

https://community.exede.com/exede/topics/save-on-data-when-using-windows-10
(Edited)
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 116 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Here we are back with another test after everything was off from a power outage.
Joshua I disabled all of that last Thursday. It doesn't seem to matter what time of day 
it is. I have seen this happen a lot within the last month. As far as doing a test between 
4-8 am my fat ass is still in the bed..lol I also have a modem light not working, It's just a power 
light indicator so that not it I am sure.  So it's back to calling service support again. I just hope 
I never get the same one I had the last time. Anyway here is the test..
Thanks Dave
Photo of Joshua

Joshua

• 208 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Yeah, it sounds like their is something going on with your modem / setup. Have a look at 192.168.100.1 ( that's the IP of your modem ) and see if you have all green checks.

Joshua
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 116 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Oh yes I been there a lot. All is fine there. Not showing any problems at all.
This modem is going on three years old.