I feel lied to about the price. Anyone know if i can do something about it?

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Acknowledged
So I'm new to viasat and I'm a little upset that after 3 months its gonna raise my bill by $50. They never told me about this price hike and it says 2 year lock. I even asked the guy on the pho e if the $100 for gold is what I would pay all 2 years and asked if their where hidden fees and he told me no. Can they just lie to u like that. I'm pretty upset with th a. I had even checked their website but no where on their did I see that they would raise the price after 3 months it just kept telling me to call for a quote. Seems pretty unfair.
Photo of Geo

Geo

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • annoyed

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 463 Posts
  • 176 Reply Likes
Sorry, can't side with you and I rarely stick up for Viasat as I had very poor service. If you checked Viasat's website and didn't find that after a 3 month introductory period the price increases $50 you need to either get new eye glasses or go get some. That information is plastered all over the internet. If you want to make a claim that Viasat's website did not properly post terms post a link and your zip code.
Photo of Spinninghorse VS1/B329/Freedom

Spinninghorse VS1/B329/Freedom, Champion

• 302 Posts
  • 100 Reply Likes
I have to agree with Homeskillet. Not only is the 3 month introductory pricing on their site, I suspect there is a recording of your conversation with their sales person where you agreed to it. I will add if you get Gold then you are on the newest satellite and probably have some pretty good service. Lucky you!
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1752 Posts
  • 1019 Reply Likes
Not necessarily. Not all Gold plans are created equal.

But yes. The introductory price is plastered everywhere. It is a marketing practice (a common one for many companies) where they suck people in.
Photo of bubs

bubs

• 94 Posts
  • 50 Reply Likes
If there is a recording, it could be reviewed by "someone".  If the questions were asked, and they were given false answers, something might be done (like "educating" a salesperson).  Up to the consumer to do research, but if they ask a question to sales, they shouldn't get an incorrect answer, despite the fact that companies do that.

But I agree.  Viasat.com/internet, put in a zipcode, plans display "after 3 months" pricing in small, but not very small, print.  Their commercial some time ago was a little misleading, difficult to see that part.
(Edited)