I am receiving phone calls from a debt collection agency saying I owe you over $300. my question is why

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • In Progress
Photo of Carolyn Welker

Carolyn Welker

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Dave Eicher

Dave Eicher

• 148 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Probably bogus. Tell them to send you all debt owed in writing along with dates and you'll show it to your lawyer.
Photo of Elise Negrin

Elise Negrin

• 17 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
If you cancelled exede early, they will charge you. Tell anyone calling the following:
You are officially notified not to call me, my relatives, neighbors or associates. You are only allowed to contact me by mail. This is notice for DO NOT CALL. If you continue to call me, or anyone associated with me, you are violating the FDCPA and I will press charges. 
Then verify if they require this notification by mail or email, and get the address if so. Repeat as necessary. There are laws against collectors that they must follow. 
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2260 Posts
  • 429 Reply Likes
Hi Carolyn,  Please send your account and contact information to exedelistens@viasat.com.  We will review your account and determine if you have   any outstanding changes. Thanks.
Photo of Tony Quart

Tony Quart

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Did they call you multiple times or just once?
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2286 Posts
  • 1143 Reply Likes
Why is the service a scam? It works great for me.
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1687 Posts
  • 1003 Reply Likes
Mee too
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 2831 Posts
  • 1791 Reply Likes
Me Too.
Photo of Dina Hess

Dina Hess

• 50 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
I'm glad it works great for you, but isn't that kind of like telling someone "I don't know why you're complaining about the weather, it's great here" when you're 2000 miles away?  Your experience isn't theirs; it's not helpful.

I do think 'scam' can be applicable when salespeople outright *lie* about what the customer will be getting. (In my case, selling Viasat 2, then installing Viasat 1.  The salesguy also specifically said that Viasat never oversells capacity, which is clearly untrue, but I didn't believe that to start with.)
Photo of Mark

Mark

• 50 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
did you ever complain about slow speeds? that could be why.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.