I am extremely unhappy with this service!!

• Problem
  • Updated 5 days ago
  • Acknowledged
I am extremely unhappy with this service. I signed up with Viasat in August was told I would have my direct TV on demand, plenty of data for my daughter in college and no problem with downloads or surfing the net. November 2019 a technician had to come out and adjust my dish that ran speed test. I was told everything was fixed and good to go. The system worked decent but we were still unable to download on demand. December 2019 I contacted the technician again because I was told it was faster and he was local and could come by easily for me if I had another problem. We texted back and forth for a MONTH and the dealer dropped off the map. I contacted Viasat on February 2 and and asked for a new technician to come out because noone has come out, I have no service to very limited connection. We don't have on demand, we cant watch Netflix's, my daughter has to go to my sisters home to do her homework, so I called again this morning to see how much longer till I have someone to fix my connection problem and found out I am out of data streaming even though we have limited to no connection I was told it would be another 2 or 3 days until someone contacts me to set an appointment. I asked for a credit for the 2 months of limited to no service that I paid 108 for and was told they cant do that since it showed my data had been used! What a joke, I guess the data is being used well we sit there watching it spin so I am out of luck. I am contacting AT&T and getting away from this slow moving and bad customer service company.
Photo of Christie Muse

Christie Muse

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • frustrated

Posted 7 days ago

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1865 Posts
  • 1079 Reply Likes
DirecTV on Demand and Viasat? No way would that work consistently as it would eat tons of data.
Photo of Christie Muse

Christie Muse

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
That's not what they told me.
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 492 Posts
  • 268 Reply Likes
They knew it wouldn't work yet lied right to your face. Now you will have to pay off the 2 year contract. Run away as fast as you can. Good luck
Photo of Christie Muse

Christie Muse

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I am working on my better business complaint I know that is old school but people still look at it and I have had decent results in the past.
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 492 Posts
  • 268 Reply Likes
It will make you feel better but you will still owe them the cancellation. You wont get anywhere with Viasat. They have no shame.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1840 Posts
  • 1063 Reply Likes
Viasat has a very high rating from the BBB.

The problem is people sell Viasat and they have no concept of its limitations. They say whatever to make the sale.

Internet is internet. Right?
(Edited)
Photo of Dave Eicher

Dave Eicher

• 156 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
And good luck with anything AT&T
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1840 Posts
  • 1063 Reply Likes
Agreed. Especially if they sold you Viasat.
Photo of Christie Muse

Christie Muse

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
If they have a good BBB rating that means they handle the problems that arise from any complaints.  That is a good thing.  Yes internet is internet but I pay for a service that has very limited or no connection.  I get sales are sales but at the very least my daughter should be able to do her homework for College on her laptop at home.... 
Photo of Christie Muse

Christie Muse

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
AT&T has been great for our cell phones so adding the hot spot has got to be better than what we have now.  At least my kid can do her homework.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1840 Posts
  • 1063 Reply Likes
Depends on the plan, but yes.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 507 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
A good BBB rating pretty much just means they respond to complaints in a timely manner, it has nothing to do with customer satisfaction. There are plenty of companies with high BBB ratings and very poor customer satisfaction ratings. Unknown to many the BBB is not a government agency and wields no power over how a company does business.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 507 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
A good BBB rating pretty much just means they respond to complaints in a timely manner, it has nothing to do with customer satisfaction. There are plenty of companies with high BBB ratings and very poor customer satisfaction ratings. Unknown to many the BBB is not a government agency and wields no power over how a company does business.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1840 Posts
  • 1063 Reply Likes
Sort of like the Hood Housekeeping seal of approval!
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 555 Posts
  • 149 Reply Likes
A high BBB rating means the company pays the BBB membership fee, donates to three BBB and responds to, but does not necessarily resolves, consumer complaints. Let us know how it works out for you. I tried the BBB route a couple times many years ago and found it totally worthless.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1840 Posts
  • 1063 Reply Likes
Me too. The Company responded with a bunch of worthless fake crap and the BBB considered it resolved. It was a telephone scam company no less!
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 507 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Yes, I said "responds" to complaints, not "resolved". Most of the responses to complaints are a lot of he said\she said blame the customer verb-age.

Photo of Stan N Dorothy

Stan N Dorothy

• 28 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Hopefully you didn't give bank info if you used credit card or debit card report it lost get new card and do not give them new number as I did
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 410 Posts
  • 364 Reply Likes
So, regardless of personal feelings for how Viasat conducts business, your expert advice is to defraud Viasat and lie to the bank? Apparently three wrongs make a right.

(Edited)
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 512 Posts
  • 196 Reply Likes
Viasat should have minimum standards for service, if they are not met the customer should be let out of their contract without a cancellation fee. They also need to monitor their 3rd party contractors and resellers better. It seems there are a lot of incompetent techs making service calls and resellers lying to make sales.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 410 Posts
  • 364 Reply Likes
Of course they should, but refusing to pay isn't a reasonable suggestion. Viasat would likely just turn it over to collections causing the OP more problems. Maybe Stan and Dorothy don't give a rip about their credit rating even though these can be corrected but the hassle isn't worth the aggravation - the OP should go the viasatlistens route and attempt an adult resolution.
(Edited)
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2364 Posts
  • 1435 Reply Likes
Not only that, but if an amount is large enough for a company they may pursue a judgment, and that's a whole different animal.  Many banks will hold twice the amount when they get a request for funds due to a judgment.   
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 568 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
@Old Folks who will do things like that typically have a credit score that is commensurate with their ethics. When you have little of either, you don’t worry much about a credit score.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 412 Posts
  • 366 Reply Likes
As far as the BBB option goes, go over to the BBB site and review the complaints and responses to those complaints (not the useless reviews that are akin to what's posted here). In many cases you'll find the issues are satisfactorily resolved. Those making reasoned arguments through the formal complaint process seem more successful so it's worth a shot.

https://www.bbb.org/us/co/englewood/profile/internet-providers/viasat-inc-0885-9036631/complaints

Photo of Christie Muse

Christie Muse

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I agree I sent in a complaint yesterday so we will see how it goes.
Photo of Admiral Korbohuta

Admiral Korbohuta

• 218 Posts
  • 79 Reply Likes
I have had success with the BBB in getting a refund for a bad service. I took a year or more though to get my money back after filing the complaint.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.