Rick McNees

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1687 Posts
  • 1003 Reply Likes

That's a rather serious error.  It means the URL you are trying to go to is forbidden.  Either you entered it wrong (unlikely) or the site itself has a problem if it usually works.  If at all possible, try using another browser or even another Internet Service Provider such as a phone with Internet capability.  In other words, try to narrow it down to either your side or theirs that has a problem. If everything fails, and if you have your email from a service providing Viasat customers, send an email to viasatlistens@viasat.com asking them what the problem could be?  They'll get to the bottom of it and let you know.  In the email, provide your account number and contact information.  It takes about 24 hours for them to analyze and respond.

Photo of DavidBrowserGuy

DavidBrowserGuy, Browser Expert

• 96 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
An HTTP 403 Forbidden error means that the web site that you are reaching is not permitting access.  If the site is reachable via another ISP, it may be due to an issue with the public IP address that has been issued. 

When malware emanates from an IP address, there are services that place that IP address on blacklists that are then used by some web hosting providers to subsequently block access.  You can go to this site to see if that is the issue: https://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check.  If that is the issue, send an email to viasatlistens@viasat.com, providing both your account details and the results of your blacklist check.  Please also copy browser@viasat.com as I may be able to assist.