How do I know that I will like the service before signing the contract?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: No need for further response.

Photo of FAQ

FAQ, Employee

• 53 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of FAQ

FAQ, Employee

• 53 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Official Response
We encourage folks who want to try our service before buying to find a local Exede dealer. Typically, these dealers have a showroom with a demo setup so you can try the service first-hand. Often, you can even bring in your own laptop, tablet or smartphone so you can try it out on your own equipment.

We also suggest you watch our brief 3-minute YouTube video, showing a demo of what’s it like to use our service. This video shows actual screen captures of our service in action, both surfing the web and watching a high-def YouTube video.
Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7dxqi...
Photo of Kinsman Kosin

Kinsman Kosin

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The service is ok but I have had a problem with Google going back twenty years and this time is no different my last internet provider I had from 96 till 2013 with out any trouble.They sold out and the new co went bankrupt in 6 months so I wanted a faster hookup and was told about exede and was impressed but after signing up that is were things went bad.I have been a member of exede since April and have been on the phone about six times and six hours and am still not very happy.  I will try your solution.  THANKYOU
Photo of Exede Josh

Exede Josh

• 235 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Hi Billie-jean, if there is something I can help with please email me at exedelistens@viasat.com with your telephone number and the best time to call.  Thanks.  Happy Holidays!
Photo of Haley Ann

Haley Ann

• 27 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Yep! Worst service I've EVER experienced!
Photo of Exede Elizabeth

Exede Elizabeth

• 212 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Haley Ann,  I'm sorry to hear that your experience with the service has not been as good as we would hope.  Are you experiencing connectivity or speed concerns?  We definitely want to do anything we can to help so that you can enjoy the service to the fullest.  Our technical support team is available 24/7 at 1-866-945-3258.  I can also be reached at the following email address:  exedelistens@viasat.com.  Feel free to email your phone number and the best time to reach you. I will give you a call to see what I can do to resolve your concerns.  Take care :)
Photo of Teresa Carter Johnson

Teresa Carter Johnson

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Dont do it.
Photo of Angie Leonard Kiker

Angie Leonard Kiker

• 9 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Our service is good, but the limited Data is terrible. I given up using our Roku service and my online video classes. I'm on the internet briefly and then off. Constantly monitoring my usage. We pay $140.00 a month for 25 gb of Data. I don't know how much longer we can afford this service. 
Photo of Amanda Maynard

Amanda Maynard

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
don't do it, the service is terrible....
Photo of Kiowa

Kiowa

• 30 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Just don't do it, Verizon has rolled out Home Fusion which is available in the middle of nowhere places.

It's faster, cheaper, and no down time.
Photo of david

david, Champion

• 558 Posts
  • 395 Reply Likes
It looks to me like it's about the same price, $60 for 10 gigs and $10 a gig after that, but a HUGH question is does the meter just keep running after you hit your limit?? This could get real expensive. At least with Exede you're slowed and you have the choice to buy more or not if you don't have the money.

All your updates, downloads and anything you push to cloud storage comes out of the 10 gigs, where with Excede it's free if it's scheduled to run during the LNFZ. You can also download YouTube and other videos during the LNFZ to watch later.
(Edited)
Photo of Barb

Barb

• 68 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
If you have any other options, do not sign up with exede.  Their data limits are only acceptable if all you do is email, anything else burns your data up very quickly.  Video streaming and game playing is out of the question.  Worst experience I have ever had with an ISP.
Photo of david

david, Champion

• 558 Posts
  • 395 Reply Likes
There is two of us here that manage to browse the internet all day on the 10 gig plan and we make it through the month just fine each month. However our computers are locked down tight. Nothing is allowed to run in the background, we know not to do any streaming video of any type, all updates and downloads are done in the LNFZ, we run add blockers and have the auto play videos turned off on my wife's Facebook.
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3127 Posts
  • 2012 Reply Likes
Same here, never been DAPed in over 28 months. Wonderful service with superb speeds. And don't leave out the over half a million subscribers who have no complaints and have never posted on this forum.
Photo of Angie Leonard Kiker

Angie Leonard Kiker

• 9 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Dave and Steve,

You are both right---if you can live and use the internet like you do.  Many people cannot.  Excede speed is good, service is good, prices ? Expensive if you need (need being the keyword)----to use the internet like most clients in the techl world we live in.  It's very difficult to go work and have complete access to the internet, then come home and curtail usage. We are using our 30 gb of data plus per month. It simply is too expensive. Ad blockers, no streaming (Roku is collecting dust)  Excede is a great alternative if you can't' find any other internet service. Period. And if you have access to any free Wi-Fi connections in town. (businesses like Starbucks) that helps. Go into this service being realistic. If your lifestyle demands Data, then be ready to pay a high price for it, or change your internet expectations. 
Photo of Kiowa

Kiowa

• 30 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I just want a service I can count on and that isn't constantly down.   The Free Zone is great when it works but if FIOS becomes available then I'm running not walking to sign up.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.