How can I disconnect my service?

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem acknowledged. Email provided for assistance. No need of further response at current time.

Bad service, slow internet.  I would like to know how I go about canceling my service.  The internet service is very slow and I am pretty sure the data usage is not correct. 

Last month I noticed my service was extremely slow, I logged in to check usage and it showed that I was at 27GB in one week, I only have a 10GB plan.   I am not sure how I was able to use 27 GB in a week, my primary usage is email.  I called customer service and asked if there was an error with my service due to the slow internet and the date usage.

I was told the information was correct, still I was not sure how I can use that amount of data in a week. I waited until the month was over and I stared checking my data usage, I avoided all types of videos, games etc. it was strictly email, yet two weeks before the end of my cycle and my 10Gb are gone.  

This service is horrible!!! Please let me know how do I go about cancelling this service.
Photo of Omar

Omar

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of ExedeCrystal

ExedeCrystal

• 196 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Omar,
Oh no! That does seem like a lot of data to be used within one week. I will like to take a look at your account to see what's going on with your data usage. Please send an email to exedelsitens@viasat.com with your account information. We do value you as a customer and I'm sure there is something we can do for you before you decide to cancel.

Thanks, ExedeCrystal
Photo of ml_work

ml_work

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Omar and All users that question the data usage.
I do not work for Excede, I live outside city limits and have been without any high speed internet for the past 15 years. We got Excede a little over a year ago and have been very pleased with service and speed.
I work with networks and internet connections with all the services, DSL/Cable/ U-Verse/T1 line and Fiber.
I have fould Exced to be as fast or faster than most of the ISP providers, the only draw back is we have to monitor our data usage. A few things that may help you and others, setup your windows update and anti-virus update to run after 12am when the data is not counted. Those 2 are the easy ones, make sure any of your software is not doing updates in the background. Most of these updates are not really needed, HP Printers will install Way Too much junk that talks to HP all the time. Check your "Task Scheduler" (win7) and you will see many things that are doing updates all the time. You can change the time to after midnight or just Disable them, if you Disable then you can Enable if needed later, a bit safer than Delete.
All of these can eat up data without you knowing it. If you have IPad / Iphone, Apple has an article about how to Disable many things that run in the background. My wife turns the wifi OFF every time she puts the IPad down. We make a point to look at the satellite modem when we walk by (best to have in easy view) if the lights are blinking we check the pc to make sure nothing was left opened and the IPad as well. When you minimize internet explorer to the bottom of the screen, it is still running and any adds that your home page has, keep updating.... eating up data.
As for slow connection speed, this could be your computer. I call any of the spyware, malware, virus - Virus. These programs will install when you go to a site without you even knowing it. When I do a Google search, I never go past the first page of links, the second page seems to be where the junk starts, but not always as it can be on the first page also, depending on what you are looking for. Good Rule of Thumb, Nothing is Free! When you download and install that Free game or program, it is installing much more that you think. Just ask yourself, why would someone pay for a server and website just to give me Free stuff... I would take the pc to a trusted computer repair and have it checked.

Hope this Helps!
Michael
Joshua 1:8

Photo of ExedeCrystal

ExedeCrystal

• 196 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
ml_work,

I'm glad to see that you are enjoying your Exede internet service. This is some very helpful information. Thanks for posting.

Sincerely, ExedeCrystal
Photo of Jutta

Jutta

• 62 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
I am questing the same. The service is so slow and that takes a lot of usage. When I sign on to e-mail it takes a few minutes as the service is "REDIRECTING"  from one page to another. Just logging on every day into e-mail takes a  lot of usage.
Some business tactic to upgrade.

I live in a rural area and I found out that you can get a cheap plan with AT & T and go wireless and you don't need a big satelite dish on your roof to enjoy Internet

Photo of Jutta

Jutta

• 62 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
just look at that circle, when you load a page or white for a website, it keeps on circling and circling which takes up your usage and it's the service you get from EXEDE.

Wildblue was much faster and I regret having upgraded. Can't wait til this year is over!

Photo of Jutta

Jutta

• 62 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
you should be able to be on-line all day long for the price of that service. I had DSL before I moved up here and never had a problem and never got a USAGE PROBLEM e-mail from no provider.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.