how much does it cost to get out of my contract? this

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of rasdavid5446

rasdavid5446

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • this is the worst internet I've ever experienced in my life how much do I have to pay to get out of my contract

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Nicholas Wilson

Nicholas Wilson

• 81 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Call EXEDE support number and ask them. 

You didn't say what your problem is, but if it's that data is used up too fast there is good news that Exede's new satellite launches next month and when it's operational Exede will offer the Freedom Plan (150 GB monthly) to current customers for $100 a month. That's what a support agent told me yesterday.
Photo of Vickie Acklin

Vickie Acklin

• 4 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Don't bother with their Freedom plan. It's as bad as the rest. They say that if you use your data under the Freedom plan you can still have the Internet but at slow speeds but you can't. They make it so slow that it's not worth the bother of even trying. It's completely useless. I've had this horrible internet from Excede for less than a week and I can hardly download email. Is there a grace period for getting out of the two year contract? It's only been five days and I want out of this complete rip off. I plan to report them to BBB but I'm going much, much further than that. I happen to have an attorney in my family and he is going to write a letter to the state attorney general. I want OUT of this pathetic service and I will sue if I have to. Is there some kind of grace period?
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3392 Posts
  • 1273 Reply Likes
Hi Vickie,

Please call us at 855-463-9333. We can look into your speed issues to see what the problem is. Unfortunately there is no grace period with Exede Internet. 
Photo of wm4bama

wm4bama, Champion

• 401 Posts
  • 260 Reply Likes
Vicky, not only is there no grace period but I'd hate to see you go through the agony of complaining to the BBB and spending money on a law suit...many, many others have attempted this and not one succeeded in anything except frustrations and a loss of $$$'s..you need to re-read your contract and 2-year commitment..the legalese is there that stands up in court and protects Exede from liability.

You will still pay $15.00 X number of months left on your two year contract...in your case right now that would be 15x23, or about $345.00....good luck.
Photo of Vickie Acklin

Vickie Acklin

• 4 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
That's kind of what I figured from research I did. I called and of course was given to support in India but they weren't able to get me out of the contract. It's been less than a week so it seems like I should be allowed to get out of this horrible slow internet. I went through Direct TV for this package and they never explained the contract details or I would never have accepted this contract. I may be stuck with the slowest, worst Internet there is but I won't be quiet about it. I'm a website designer and I know many review websites. I will post complaints on every single one of them. I'm not going to stop posting really bad reviews unless they let me out of this contract. On the Internet, reviews are KING! People pay attention so I will sure let them know how bad this service is. I can't believe I didn't look up reviews before I got Excede. I was so busy moving that I made a mistake I sure won't do again. Unless Excede let's me out of this two year contract I'm going to make sure every single person looking for a review on Internet services finds and reads my review. That's going to cost them a whole lot more in lost customers than my early termination fee ever would have.
(Edited)
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3392 Posts
  • 1273 Reply Likes
Could you email me Vickie? Sometimes although it's pretty far and few in between, theres been instances that DirecTV set someone up in an area where DSL or Cable are very available in and I've worked with situations like that. you can email me at exedelistens@viasat.com 
Photo of wm4bama

wm4bama, Champion

• 401 Posts
  • 260 Reply Likes
Vicky, have fun posting negative comments about Exede at all your review sites, there are already negative reports all over the internet.

You must realize that satellite internet services are mainly for folks that have no other choices other than dial-up and Hughes Net and Wildblue/Exede are the only services available and there are almost equal negative comments about both services..

Exede is the best choice of the two, IMHO, so negative comments will have no effect on anyone unless they have other choices for Internet services...
Photo of Vickie Acklin

Vickie Acklin

• 4 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
That's where you are very wrong. Negative reviews in all the right places will mean a loss of customers. They will lose more in new customers than what I would pay to get out of this two year contract. I got into this because Direct TV offered this package but they failed to provide information on the data usage or much of anything. Now I'm stuck in a two year contract and until the two years are up or unless I'm released from the contract I plan on continuing to copy and paste my reviews all over the Internet as is my right.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2412 Posts
  • 2136 Reply Likes
So if Direct tv offered this service and failed to tell you how it works, why aren't you using your superpowers to destroy Direct tv?  Why aren't they the bad guys?
Photo of Vickie Acklin

Vickie Acklin

• 4 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Grow up.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2412 Posts
  • 2136 Reply Likes
Please use your superior powers for good, not evil.  Copy and paste to eliminate hunger and war and animal cruelty and, and... there is so much you can do!

Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1756 Posts
  • 1069 Reply Likes

there is good news that Exede's new satellite launches next month

No, maybe March, maybe April.

Photo of wm4bama

wm4bama, Champion

• 406 Posts
  • 262 Reply Likes
Your question about what it costs to terminate your contract is discussed in detail in this thread:

https://community.exede.com/exede/topics/do-i-have-to-pay-any-fees-to-get-out-of-my-exede-contract?t...
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hello rasdavid5446, 

There may be early termination fees associated with your account if you cancel your Exede services before the end of your contract.  All Early Termination Fee's are based off $15 for every remaining month remaining on the contract, period. 

Example: If service is cancelled 10 months into a 24-month contract:
                                                              14 X $15=$210

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.